No announcement yet.

Drake In-Game Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into the game I thought Drake might actually be for real and finish 3rd or 4th. I don't see that happening after watching that game. Young is a player. Cox can definitely shoot when he's the only one in the gym, or at least that's the way it looked. I wasn't overly impressed with the rest of them. Drake should have run us out of the gym but didn't. The definitely deserved the win more than we did. But I think we deserved to lose more than that.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I was just thinking this morning that Ryan Martin had a bigger impact on the team last year, than Clemente or Griskenas has had so far this year. It is a little disheartening when they are rated Juco All Americans, but can not step up to the challenges of D-1 ball. How was Gris 1st team All American?

Preadom does defense because that is all he can do, and although likeable, a waste of a scollie, IMO. Of course, I never care for guards that can not score or make something happen, they are just a body on the floor, not a player.

Ellis could make a difference, but needs to grow some balls first, and I am not so sure, he wouldn't make a better 4 than a 3.

Gal is not maturing enough as a player so far. Still does bonehead stuff.

At least Durley has got some Offense, and can score, now, if he would only pay attention to Defense.

PJ and Thomasson were non-factors last night, 2 seniors that should be leading this team to victory.

Gee Whiz, watched Johnston of San Diego almost single handedly beat Kentucky yesterday. Got some help from a walk-on Freshman, Devin McGinty that scored 18 points with 4 treys, a walk-on.

I'm done venting. Losing a game puts me in a bad mood for 2 days.
      ISU is going to have to spot us 20 points if we don't play better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        I was just thinking this morning that Ryan Martin had a bigger impact on the team last year, than Clemente or Griskenas has had so far this year. It is a little disheartening when they are rated Juco All Americans, but can not step up to the challenges of D-1 ball. How was Gris 1st team All American?

Preadom does defense because that is all he can do, and although likeable, a waste of a scollie, IMO. Of course, I never care for guards that can not score or make something happen, they are just a body on the floor, not a player.

Ellis could make a difference, but needs to grow some balls first, and I am not so sure, he wouldn't make a better 4 than a 3.

Gal is not maturing enough as a player so far. Still does bonehead stuff.

At least Durley has got some Offense, and can score, now, if he would only pay attention to Defense.

PJ and Thomasson were non-factors last night, 2 seniors that should be leading this team to victory.

Gee Whiz, watched Johnston of San Diego almost single handedly beat Kentucky yesterday. Got some help from a walk-on Freshman, Devin McGinty that scored 18 points with 4 treys, a walk-on.

I'm done venting. Losing a game puts me in a bad mood for 2 days.
        ISU is going to have to spot us 20 points if we don't play better.
        :cry:
        ________
        NORWOOD ASSEMBLY
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• While I agree with everything Snapshot said, it's really not unusual for a JUCO to take half a year to a year to adjust to D1 ball. I expect considerable improvement from Clemente and, especially, Griskenas as the season wears on.

Comment

• We aren't gonna win many road games in the Valley this year, so we need to protect the home court as much as possible. Losing to Drake to start out is not good.

Drake's defense definitely wasn't a factor in why we missed a buttload from long range and an inexcusable amount from the line. We miss 3's and we continue to chuck 'em up. I don't get it. Whatever though. Most of you guys like the theory of keep shooting it until it goes in.. even if it takes 10 tries.

We are really bad. We should have easily beaten Drake.

I have no idea what to expect against Illinois State.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
              A loss
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                Originally posted by ShockerFever
                A loss
                True, I expect a loss, but in actuality.. ?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ISU scared me before the season ever started. Now that I've seen what we actually have, I don't expect much. I just hope the Shox can somehow keep it respectable.

PJ needs to pull his head out and get with the program.

Matt needs to keep doing what he's doing as he's the only guard we have I have any confidence in.

Gal needs to stop trying to do so much and just work within the system. This isn't Europe.

Wendell needs to be more aggressive on offense. No, he's not great but his strength is getting to the basket.

Griz needs to be aggressive as well. We've seen a couple of flashes of what he could bring. I'd like to see him attack more as well.

Ramon has got to do something. He's been disappointing lately.

Phil has played pretty well for the most part. He needs to keep his head in the game and stay aggressive.

JT needs more minutes. I don't care what he may lack on D, it's not enough to keep his O off the floor.

Aaron needs confidence. I'd like to see him be a little more aggressive as well. He can play the game, just go out and do it.

And considering how poorly we've been playing, I wouldn't mind seeing Hatch and Arbry out there. Certainly they can't do any worse than what we've seen. And if nothing else it sends a message to those who aren't playing up to par.

There was absolutely no aggression last night. No heart. No desire. The intensity we saw them play with against LSU and UAB disappeared over Christmas. They CAN'T win without that.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    ISU scared me before the season ever started. Now that I've seen what we actually have, I don't expect much. I just hope the Shox can somehow keep it respectable.

PJ needs to pull his head out and get with the program.

Matt needs to keep doing what he's doing as he's the only guard we have I have any confidence in.

Gal needs to stop trying to do so much and just work within the system. This isn't Europe.

Wendell needs to be more aggressive on offense. No, he's not great but his strength is getting to the basket.

Griz needs to be aggressive as well. We've seen a couple of flashes of what he could bring. I'd like to see him attack more as well.

Ramon has got to do something. He's been disappointing lately.

Phil has played pretty well for the most part. He needs to keep his head in the game and stay aggressive.

JT needs more minutes. I don't care what he may lack on D, it's not enough to keep his O off the floor.

Aaron needs confidence. I'd like to see him be a little more aggressive as well. He can play the game, just go out and do it.

And considering how poorly we've been playing, I wouldn't mind seeing Hatch and Arbry out there. Certainly they can't do any worse than what we've seen. And if nothing else it sends a message to those who aren't playing up to par.

There was absolutely no aggression last night. No heart. No desire. The intensity we saw them play with against LSU and UAB disappeared over Christmas. They CAN'T win without that.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                    X