• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greys -- 82
    Reds -- 71

Comment

Shox---77
      Reds--64
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Illinois State is coming off an emotional win. It seems like there is always a let down after a win like that. We are at home and seem to be playing better. The spread is too high at 13, but we will take care of business.

Ill ST 61
        WSU 69
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

No offense to Illinois State (my second favorite team in the Valley as well), but NCAA-caliber teams don't lose at home to Illinois State. Plain and simple.

And quite honestly, I'm tired of our near .500 record at home in the Valley in the last two years. Pretty lame.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So it's 6-4 at home and 11-1 on the road? Strange but somewhat skewed since we've played only the toughest team at home this year and 3 of maybe the easiest games on the road.
            In the fast lane

Comment

We're one of the few teams that can physically match-up with the Redbirds in the Valley this year. Stutz will have his hands full with Carmichael, and Ekey is a good, physical PF, but he is hampered by injury. The 6-9 Wilkins at the wing is an offensive/devensive mis-match that could be the difference in the game. Brown is a stud and Ill St has the one of the best freshman in the conference running the point this year. I don't think they're deep, but certainly talented. This team might mirror our Shockers next year.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Is Ekey really that physical? I know he's a shot blocker, but he's not a big kid and likes to shoot from outside. Definitely a talent that may be hampered by a bum ankle.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I could be off on Ekey, but he is a good rebounder and shot-blocker. Probably the most physical PF in the Valley after Hall and Seck. Weems, Shavok and Harris are athletic, but not phsical. Koch, Simons and McDermott are talented, but not bangers. Richard is physical, but at 6-5 215, he's more like Ben Smith than Hall. Idk, should be a good match-up (one I expect Hall to win) either way.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Gene Smithson's former team - 81
                    Gene Smithson's former team - 73

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Talk about playing it safe. Very good Royal! :highly_amused:
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 11, 2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Kyles is dressed but isn't stretching with the rest of the team. Just standing up dribbling. Kinda weird. Never saw that before.
                        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

On paper, the redbirds match up with the shox from a first team perspective. Not sure what they have on the bench but their first team is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            That is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                            X