Shockers - Bold Summer Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers - Bold Summer Predictions

My bold prediction is the Shocks will win THE National Champion within the next 5 years. Coach Marshall and the staff are consistently getting higher level recruits.

Am I right? Are we trending up here, even slowly it seems? I predict an explosion of momentum. Right now we see it building "slowly", but it is building.

We have an annual summer prediction thread, but now we can keep a running Shockernetters Predictions thread in one, convenient place.

Winning a Natty is hard. Really hard. We've have had 3 national title caliber teams in the last 7 years IMO.

2014 - got paired up with UK with handful of NBA players and they played their best game of the year to win

2016 - Team started the year with Fred, Ron, Landry, Conner, Markis and Shaq (along with all the key supporting roles) ... A few injuries... Lose Landry for the year... Get stuck with a horrible seeding/placement and don't make it out of the first weekend

2018 - an Elite offense that just decided to forget how to play defense and then gets bumped out in the first round.

Right now - I'd be happy if we could win the conference 1 to 2 times in the next 5 years. This isn't the valley and there are some Elite teams in this conference so even that is a stretch.

Side note:. Knowing what we know now... I would have loved for Landry to come back for the tourney in 2016 ... That team makes the final four at minimum IMO.

Comment

They Damn well better win a National Championship in the next 18 years, because I am going to be really pissed if they do if after I am gone.

Comment

I'm not sure about a national championship, but I do believe that we are trending up and Marshall continues to get better at doing what he needs to do in order to win the conference consistently, (which should always be the #1 goal every season). Just like it took him a few years to get the Shox to the point where we dominated the Valley, I think the same will be true with the American. So the logic would be that the teams that consistently win the American will be consistently better than the teams that won the Valley. But there were some good teams when we were in the Valley, obviously.

To be honest, I would be content with consistently going to the sweet 16, with an occasional elite 8 and knocking on the door every year for a possible final 4. But the first step is to just get back to the tourney every year. And the best way to do that is to win the conference. I don't see a scenario where the American conference champ (not tourney champ) doesn't get into the tournament.

My bold prediction for this year is that the season does get played, and the Shox win the American.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          They Damn well better win a National Championship in the next 18 years, because I am going to be really pissed if they do if after I am gone.
          So you already have an expiration date? How do I find out what mine is?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I'm not sure about a national championship, but I do believe that we are trending up and Marshall continues to get better at doing what he needs to do in order to win the conference consistently, (which should always be the #1 goal every season). Just like it took him a few years to get the Shox to the point where we dominated the Valley, I think the same will be true with the American. So the logic would be that the teams that consistently win the American will be consistently better than the teams that won the Valley. But there were some good teams when we were in the Valley, obviously.

To be honest, I would be content with consistently going to the sweet 16, with an occasional elite 8 and knocking on the door every year for a possible final 4. But the first step is to just get back to the tourney every year. And the best way to do that is to win the conference. I don't see a scenario where the American conference champ (not tourney champ) doesn't get into the tournament.

My bold prediction for this year is that the season does get played, and the Shox win the American.
            I like your prediction but with a caveat...It is going to be hard to dominate the American as we did the MoValley because of money. We put a lot more money into the program ie facilities training table etc where as the American schools by and large have facilities equal to our own. The types of kids we are recruiting are a higher caliber/athleticism than in the valley days but they are the same ones being recruited by upper tier schools as well. I do see us contending for an American title each year but not in the fashion we dominated the valley at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

So you already have an expiration date? How do I find out what mine is?
              Nah, just shooting for 100 and anything over that is gravy, if I still have a memory left.

Comment

Working...
              X