No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
    Time - 2:30 pm
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault
    Description - Male upset over basketball seat changes threw a cane towards an employee

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
      Location - Koch Arena
      Offense - Assault
      Description - Male upset over basketball seat changes threw a cane towards an employee

I know it shouldn’t be funny, but that’s hilarious!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Date - 10/19/2020
        Location - Koch Arena
        Offense - Assault
        Dennis?

Comment

• So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
          Are 2021 games going to be ESPN+ also ?

Comment

Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
            Location - Koch Arena
            Offense - Assault

That's definitely has to be a member of this board

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Obviously the rules vary from team to team and perhaps for locale to locale depending on where the teams are from or where the game is being played. In the Shocks' situation my understanindintg is the the rules applied were established by the organizer of the tournament and not the teams themselves.

Furthermore, I can see situations where one team wirh some kind of Covid-19 exposure thinks it is okay to play but its opponent doesn't think it is okay to play and declines to play.

In any case, my expectations are that the cancellations will continue to be a regular feature of this season.for many, if not all, programs around the country. Hopefully, we are back to normal by next fall.
              The rules for the tournament are clear what is not clear is the policy for games going forward why should we need to not play any games for 2 weeks and Gonzaga can play immediately?????????

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
                ESPN+ will be a big thing going forward for the AAC. It has nothing to do with COX. 5 bucks a month and you just stream it on whatever streaming device you likely already have (apple tv, fire stick, chromecast, shield, smart tv etc)

Comment

So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
                  No ESPN+ is not available on Cox. It is extra fee and is streamed from your favorite streaming device (e.g. phone, webpage, apple TV, etc). I believe you can either subscribe to it ala cart or through the Disney+ bundle (Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+).

ORU and OSU game is on ESPN+. Missouri is ESPN2

All other games have no TV status, but I think will be on ESPN+ if not picked up by other channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post

The rules for the tournament are clear what is not clear is the policy for games going forward why should we need to not play any games for 2 weeks and Gonzaga can play immediately?????????
                    I think the why is obvious. The rules vary all over the place. Is that the way it should be? That is arguable but with Covid-19 you will have rules in place that vary from locale to locale and your have a varying degree of risk aversion from one instittution to the other. I don't think it's going to change. Let's face it this season is already locked in as a clusterfart, especially for the Shockers, hopefully we are about bottomed out but I guess it could get worse.

Comment

• Bottom line, it was Gonzaga vs. KU in prime Thanksgiving viewing. That game was NEVER going to be cancelled. Despicable that there are two sets of standards when it comes to this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This is how they get around it. It's all in the wording.

I am sure Doucheman will do a 6 month investigation and get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Date - 10/19/2020
                          Location - Koch Arena
                          Offense - Assault

Pin?

Comment

The ESPN+, Hulu, Disney bundle is a decent deal
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.
                              Florida has a pretty lax attitude toward mitigation. Same goes for SDak. Once the organizers comply with state guidelines, I imagine it's up to the organizers making whatever rules they want and the schools agreeing to whatever protocol they're playing under.

Then, when the players get back to where they came from, the rules THERE kick in, and those are going to have a lot of variation.
                              Last edited by Aargh; November 27, 2020, 03:44 PM.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• So who has the inside scoop on the team? Whole team quarantined? If not, how many? Are the rest still hooping and working out? Been dead silent. Need something, anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X