No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the latest news on if/when we get to watch some NCAA basketball?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I just hope he can keep his head up and see the whole floor when dribbling the ball.
      I'm not sure what the qualifying statement was, and I wasn't criticizing your post. It just seemed to come out of left field for Trevin, and seemed to be a description of some of our past point guards who were not pass first point guards. I take you at your word that it wasn't meant as a criticism of Trevin.

I don't know anything about him except that he was a player of the year at where he played, and everyone can see he is athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not sure what the qualifying statement was, and I wasn't criticizing your post. It just seemed to come out of left field for Trevin, and seemed to be a description of some of our past point guards who were not pass first point guards. I take you at your word that it wasn't meant as a criticism of Trevin.

I don't know anything about him except that he was a player of the year at where he played, and everyone can see he is athletic.
        Ok

Comment

• Trevin looks dynamic. I hope he can make a quick transition to D1, because when it clicks for him we're going to see some amazing explosions. I'm thinking a mini cotton on defense and some great footwork going down hill, which is what I am really loving.

Comment

• Got my parking pass at the Mortuary North of the arena yesterday. Beautiful morning and a few people in line ahead of me. No crush of people to get a parking pass this year so that tells me that the need is reduced substantially this year. Most of the talk was on speculation of what ultimately caused the resignation of Dr. Golden and what will the ultimate seating look like at CKA this year. We were socially distanced and wearing masks so we were socially correct. There was a man about my age 70ish and he was just a really upset man. I swear if I get to be like that I am going to just stay home and away from everyone. Complained about wearing masks, socially distancing, the lack of information about seating at CKA and he never got notified about the time or date on first crack at the parking passes available at the mortuary. The biggest thing was the lack of information about how tickets would be handled. He couldn't or wouldn't grasp how electronic tickets would work and how everyone are idiots at the athletic office because they didn't already know how things would go this year. Really upset that tickets could be like baseball tickets were handled when the season got shut down in that you could get a refund or roll the credit over to next year or make it a donation. Apparently none of those options were suitable to him. He was really feeling the stress of the new normal or maybe he always complains about most things.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Got my parking pass at the Mortuary North of the arena yesterday. Beautiful morning and a few people in line ahead of me. No crush of people to get a parking pass this year so that tells me that the need is reduced substantially this year. Most of the talk was on speculation of what ultimately caused the resignation of Dr. Golden and what will the ultimate seating look like at CKA this year. We were socially distanced and wearing masks so we were socially correct. There was a man about my age 70ish and he was just a really upset man. I swear if I get to be like that I am going to just stay home and away from everyone. Complained about wearing masks, socially distancing, the lack of information about seating at CKA and he never got notified about the time or date on first crack at the parking passes available at the mortuary. The biggest thing was the lack of information about how tickets would be handled. He couldn't or wouldn't grasp how electronic tickets would work and how everyone are idiots at the athletic office because they didn't already know how things would go this year. Really upset that tickets could be like baseball tickets were handled when the season got shut down in that you could get a refund or roll the credit over to next year or make it a donation. Apparently none of those options were suitable to him. He was really feeling the stress of the new normal or maybe he always complains about most things.
              How/where/when can I get a parking pass?

Comment

• Just give the mortuary a call. I'm sure there are still passes available.

Comment

Just give the mortuary a call. I'm sure there are still passes available.
                  Plenty of space...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Plenty of space...

Spaces are both opening and getting filled thanks to COVID....

Comment

• Comment

• Heard from a basketball ticket holder he got to pick his seats today. This is a week before I am slated to pick. He got to choose tickets sixth row from the top and on a corner. Needless to say it looks like my viewing will be on the ol' TV this year. This was great news to my wife due to her concerns about the 'rona' Go Shox. So when does Shocker Baseball start up ?
                        Last edited by pogo; October 16, 2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Heard frpm a basketball ticket holder he got to pick his seats today. This is a week before I am slated to pick. He got to choose tickets sixth row from the top and on a corner. Needless to say it looks like my viewing will be on the ol' TV this year. This was great news to my wife due to her concerns about the 'rona' Go Shox. So when does Shocker Baseball start up ?
                          Hey, Pogo-
                          Had dinner with some ticket holders tonight-
                          #1 inherited his Dad's many, many years points and was sitting 4 rows behind Lynn Marshall last year - he got Row 24, section 111.
                          #2 has had his own tickets for 54 years and picks tomorrow. They were in Row 12 , Section 108 for a long time. He thinks if they get in it will be near the top.

Looks like your guess is likely to happen . . .

We can trade watch parties at our houses. But, the wives have to wear the cheerleader outfits we bought them (Finally!)
                          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

Hey, Pogo-
                            #1 inherited his Dad's many, many years points and was sitting 4 rows behind Lynn Marshall last year - he got Row 24, section 111.
                            #2 has had his own tickets for 54 years and picks tomorrow. They were in Row 12 , Section 108 for a long time. He thinks if they get in it will be near the top.

We can trade watch parties at our houses. But, the wives have to wear the cheerleader outfits we bought them (Finally!)
                            I'm in boat #1, except neither he nor myself inherited any points. That the rub. We get to keep our seats and our parking as long as we continue the same level of SASO. He's probably been building his points back longer than us. I'm Charter Guardian and I don't get to choose for a couple of weeks away. As I've stated here before, I do not like how they treat family businesses (they keep their points through the generations) versus families (who do not). We are seriously considering taking our money to benefit other sports if we will know it will go only to the support of those sports. My way of protest if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

Hey, Pogo-

My wife says fine..if I can button my Dress Blue uniform from the Corps. So I guess that's not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm in boat #1, except neither he nor myself inherited any points. That the rub. We get to keep our seats and our parking as long as we continue the same level of SASO. He's probably been building his points back longer than us. I'm Charter Guardian and I don't get to choose for a couple of weeks away. As I've stated here before, I do not like how they treat family businesses (they keep their points through the generations) versus families (who do not). We are seriously considering taking our money to benefit other sports if we will know it will go only to the support of those sports. My way of protest if you will.
                                Thanks for the clarification.
                                I am sure that continuation policy is the subject of many conversations internally within the athletic department/university. It would seem in an average program it is an easy way to continue the revenue stream from that family or business. But, in recent years there has been no shortage of people willing to drop 6 figures plus to buy season tickets and get lower bowl seats. I get that, - "If they wanna buy their way onto the band wagon, we'll take their money". Don't know how those fans will fit into this picture.

As someone whose contributions to SASO for the last 10 years, by "policy" should have had seats at least down to Row 18, we have been in row 24 for 8 of those years due to a "shortage" of seats in that lower area (I was told by someone in the ticket office when I increased our donation to move up two levels "Well, if you think this will help your chances to move down, it would take probably $100,000 to get into the lower bowl". I get that, it's all about the money. but, I have to laugh about someone I know who has had 6 seats on Row 8 at half-court for years and got whatever the new limit is in row 18 somewhere. They are livid because it has nothing to do with the view from those seats - it is all about the "look" of them not being lower. I find it hilarious.

As I face the challenges I will at work today, it will be nothing like the ticket office must be facing from irate ticket holders on this situation. Would not want to be them.

I feel worse for my friends in their 80's who have built their points position on their own over 50 years of contributions and may get shut out.

Final thought: independent of the coaching situation and strength or weakness of the team, I think many people will find it ain't so bad watching from home for a lot of reasons. That could be a marketing/sales challenge to try and get everyone back when this all over - jus' sayin.
                                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X