Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NJCAA's sports plan for 2020-21

Highlights:

- Fall close-contact sports moved to spring (football, soccer, court volleyball).

- Winter sports to start in January with most championships moved from March to April.

Could be a sign of what other collegiate athletic divisions will do.

https://hutchpost.com/posts/1ab52939...8-e5354813c0da

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Highlights:

- Fall close-contact sports moved to spring (football, soccer, court volleyball).

- Winter sports to start in January with most championships moved from March to April.

Royal. Do you think it will cause a problem for the NFL starting in August? You just caused more problems. What is the answer? Juco’s are Causing no problems for others because no one will be in the NFL combine or draft. Do you think thievanswer for Div. 1 and the NFL? None of the NFL type players will play and others who may be on the border of being drafted or who may not even be known will lose.

Comment

I don't have any answers, and I couldn't care less what football does. I just thought it was interesting that they are thinking outside the box and the first college athletics organization to publicize their plan.

Comment

No one will care if the NJCAA moves football outside the box to spring. It affects no other groups except for fans, etc. Hiwever, I think that high schools (KSHSAA) are more likely to cancel football than move it to spring because a lot of high school athletes participate in other sports in other seasons. Moving Div. 1 football to spring will allow football to possibly make some money by having fans but maybe fans won’t be allowed in spring either. And as I said the players with NFL goals will be affected. There are lots of bad options and no good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Highlights:

Nice that they are thinking outside the box, but I don't think they will be able to pull off basketball in January. Perhaps football in the spring. I'm saying this because (and I have absolutely nothing concrete to back this up) I think there will not be a vaccine until late this year or early next year and front-line people could (I would say should) have priority, followed by or along with those who are at extreme risk. So for most of us 'normal' people, there will probably not be a vaccine available until next spring or summer.

Comment

Working...
          X