WSU/KSU - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't suscribe to youtube and was having trouble getting in this morning. Could you just give us the jist of what was on it?
    He seems genuinely happy with the series. He is REALLY looking forward to the game at Intrust. Would like to see an arena half filled with purple and half filled with yellow/black. As a a player, he always enjoyed the Illinoios/Mizzou game when both teams were good because the arena was rocking, never a dull moment. (apparently he hasn't seen the time out promos at Koch Arena).

Hopes to see this thing continue in the future (but that may just be coachspeak).

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

This series could generate more overall revenue for the State of Kansas than the series between K-State and KU, AND will probably produce a lot less puke and assaults at the after game parties.

Win/win!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          This series could generate more overall revenue for the State of Kansas than the series between K-State and KU, AND will probably produce a lot less puke and assaults at the after game parties.

Win/win!
          I believe the assaults actually start during the game and not after.

Comment

I don't suscribe to youtube and was having trouble getting in this morning. Could you just give us the jist of what was on it?
            Bruce was basically like "Well we have no ******* excuse for not trying to make this happen earlier we're basically just a bunch of ****'s living in KU' s shadow as far as basketball goes, but we are trying to distance ourselves from the KU shadow now with all the federal investigations going on. It'll be fun, I've played in a multicolored area before, so yayyy, I'm 71 and honestly don't give a flying **** anymore, I don't even have job security and Kstate probably really hates me now, but I figure if we are trying to socially distance ourselves from KU this is how we do it, so yeah it'll be fun"

Comment

As Royal Shock about that. He probably has a take on his neck of the woods. I know that there are some good Shocker fans in the Hutch/Buhler area. Royal is one of them and he used to have the "Cat" as a part of his moniker if I am correct.

What goes here Royal?
              I don't think the Big12 bias is any worse here than anywhere else in the state outside of Sedgwick County. I deal with a lot of decent KSU fans since I work in the ag industry. But you will also see a lot of WSU car tags while driving around here. Probably ten-fold more than back in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

They live in Hutch.

Honestly don't know of another town in Kansas or elsewhere where you can essentially drive around the entire town, and not see a well-maintained neighborhood anywhere. Miles upon miles of a post-apocalyptic movie set. Half the housing inventory in Hutch could honestly be a candidate for condemnation. It's like a much smaller version of Detroit, but with different demographics.
                Like with anywhere, there are good and bad neighborhoods. It depends on if you are north or south of 17th Street. North of 17th is largely nice (by nice, I mean not run down and homes built after 1950). South of 17th is mostly older, some run down as you get further south, especially past 4th Street. Although there are pockets of nicely restored early 20th century homes. You get near 30th and it's pretty much all decent homes and neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, the highways into and through town don't touch the nicer areas, except K-61 from the north. But trees block the view.

Comment

This sounds like the conversation some Swomo clown put on Wichita some years ago about Wichita having nothing but trailer parks and run down areas since that was all he could see from the turnpike and interstate highways. I pointed out most highways built now go through depressed areas since its a lot cheaper to exercise eminent domain on those areas versus well to do areas that have money and lawyers to keep construction at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    This sounds like the conversation some Swomo clown put on Wichita some years ago about Wichita having nothing but trailer parks and run down areas since that was all he could see from the turnpike and interstate highways. I pointed out most highways built now go through depressed areas since its a lot cheaper to exercise eminent domain on those areas versus well to do areas that have money and lawyers to keep construction at bay.
                    Yep. Most people who come into Hutch from Wichita are probably coming to the state fair, NJCAA tournament or Cosmosphere. All three are located in the central part of the city: the fairgrounds just north of 17th, and HCC and the Cosmosphere between 11th and 17th. And they are coming in from the south, going through industrial and depressed areas of town. The nicer areas don't have out-of-town attractions or large-scale shopping, which is what makes those areas nice, in my opinion. I guarantee people would have a different impression driving through Prairie Dunes, Prairie Hills, The Woodlands or Briarwood areas. Next time you go to Hutch, turn North at Haven (toward Buhler) and come in on 30th Street. You'll go by several of those housing areas.

If out-of-towners came to Wichita for a game on campus, and entered the city on I-135, then took 21st to CKA, they wouldn't think much of Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Yep. Most people who come into Hutch from Wichita are probably coming to the state fair, NJCAA tournament or Cosmosphere. All three are located in the central part of the city: the fairgrounds just north of 17th, and HCC and the Cosmosphere between 11th and 17th. And they are coming in from the south, going through industrial and depressed areas of town. The nicer areas don't have out-of-town attractions or large-scale shopping, which is what makes those areas nice, in my opinion. I guarantee people would have a different impression driving through Prairie Dunes, Prairie Hills, The Woodlands or Briarwood areas. Next time you go to Hutch, turn North at Haven (toward Buhler) and come in on 30th Street. You'll go by several of those housing areas.

If out-of-towners came to Wichita for a game on campus, and entered the city on I-135, then took 21st to CKA, they wouldn't think much of Wichita.
                      and that's exactly the route we take to the Roundhouse

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Like with anywhere, there are good and bad neighborhoods. It depends on if you are north or south of 17th Street. North of 17th is largely nice (by nice, I mean not run down and homes built after 1950). South of 17th is mostly older, some run down as you get further south, especially past 4th Street. Although there are pockets of nicely restored early 20th century homes. You get near 30th and it's pretty much all decent homes and neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, the highways into and through town don't touch the nicer areas, except K-61 from the north. But trees block the view.
                        I go there for work on occasion, and my work has me going through most if not all areas of town from a residential perspective. The vast majority of the town is rough... real rough. Not crime-speaking, but conditions of single-family homes.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          When is the last time an interstate highway or major thoroughfare was developed from whole cloth and plowed through an already developed area? I'll hang up and listen. I can get you some civil engineer contacts to run by your statement above. Prepare to hear laughter on the other end.

They are certainly expanded, and the ROW expansion taking out structures in the process, but development around them in urban areas is long since built up. Chicken vs egg.

Comment

KSU might try and bump the series to 10 years now, with (f)HCGM is gone. Only took WSU losing their whole roster to get them to play any to begin with.

How quickly until KU tries and schedule WSU now?? Saying: “Now is the time to jumpstart this great in state rivalry.”
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              KSU might try and bump the series to 10 years now, with (f)HCGM is gone. Only took WSU losing their whole roster to get them to play any to begin with.

How quickly until KU tries and schedule WSU now?? Saying: “Now is the time to jumpstart this great in state rivalry.”
                              Pretty sure the series with K-State was scheduled because Marshall literally said "I might not be the coach for very much longer, this would give kstate a great opportunity to recruit Wichita"

Comment

Working...
                              X