WSU/KSU - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU/KSU - Finally

Not all of you will be as thrilled with this news as I, but I’m stoked! Let’s go!!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
    Not all of you will be as thrilled with this news as I, but I’m stoked! Let’s go!!
    I'm not sure what WSU fan wouldn't be thrilled with this. Not only is it more good drivable games vs a Big 12 opponent, but it's actually extremely favorable to WSU in the locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not sure what WSU fan wouldn't be thrilled with this. Not only is it more good drivable games vs a Big 12 opponent, but it's actually extremely favorable to WSU in the locations.
      Agree! But watch this thread, there are several on here that will be unimpressed or even unfavorable, the “we don’t need KSU/KU, screw them” crowd. I’ve never felt we need them, at all, but I want those games and already look forward to this series. I’ll be at every one, book it.

Comment

It's not important but it will be fun! Way to grow a pair KSU!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

An exhibition at IBA, then a regular season games at IBA, CKA, Bramlage, and T-Mobile Center (KC)

That's 3 games in Wichita, 1 in Manhattan and 1 in KC. Fairly obvious who had the bargaining power in that schedule set up.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Contract says KSU gets 5k tickets for the Intrust Game and we get 5k Tickets for the KC game (plus whatever is bought on the secondary market)

Comment

From the K-State message board
              It's a home-run win for WSU & Marshall just to schedule a game against the superior instate school, even without considering their favorable schedule. Don't see near the benefit to KSU. They should be coming to Manhattan every time if they want to play... we had that leverage. Instead, we get 3 games in Wichita and 1 game in Manhattan, 1 in KC, that's ridiculous for KSU to schedule that. Just my 2 cents
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The Cats have a lot of fans in Southern KS, it's a good thing for them

Comment

I think it's awesome.

They're usually good for a win against the Chickens, or, some other ranked b12 power. That's all good for our strength of schedule.

Man, it's nice to get a breath of fresh air here in the Baskeball forum vs. the -ahem- political forum. I need to get out more. Vitamin D would do me some good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Contract says KSU gets 5k tickets for the Intrust Game and we get 5k Tickets for the KC game (plus whatever is bought on the secondary market)
                    Where did you see the thing about 5k tickets for visitors? Only thing I seem to find is that WSU controls IBA tickets and that KSU controls KC game. 5K seem like a high number to give visitors but what do I know?
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Where did you see the thing about 5k tickets for visitors? Only thing I seem to find is that WSU controls IBA tickets and that KSU controls KC game. 5K seem like a high number to give visitors but what do I know?

Comment

One of these 3 guys really hates and has an inferiority complex with WSU

Play 7/10/20 Hour 2 - Wichita State Nationally Relevant by The Game on 1350 KMAN on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

Comment

Eh, sounds like they just want to use WSU to add some excitement to their season, kinda like how they use KU. I can't say i'm a huge fan of scheduling them. If they really EVER wanted add excitement to their season they could just try to retain a good head coach and establish recruiting channels

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            One of these 3 guys really hates and has an inferiority complex with WSU

https://m.soundcloud.com/the-game-94...nally-relevant
                            Mason is Mason Voth and was from Buhler High (probably had a Hutch house address when he went to high school).

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                              Eh, sounds like they just want to use WSU to add some excitement to their season, kinda like how they use KU. I can't say i'm a huge fan of scheduling them. If they really EVER wanted add excitement to their season they could just try to retain a good head coach and establish recruiting channels
                              Careful. We have gotten somewhat spoiled having Marshall now coming up on 14 years. It may not always be like that.

Nevertheless, the one ya-ha was so weak in his arguments. The best he could do was they were in the Big 12-2 and they should be better than WSU (even if they aren't).

The other guy mentions that we had a F4, a S16, and the undefeated season, but the ya-ha quipped that we lost in the 2nd round that year. Yes, we did. To Kentucky. The team they lost to in the 1st round that year. The same Kentucky team that went to the Championship game that year, yet our game with them was considered by many sportcasters as the best game of the tournament.

Oh, and in our F4 year, we beat La Salle, another team KSU also lost to in the previous round. And regarding the lowly MVC: they lost to a lowly Valley team, Loyola Chicago in the E8.

Last 10 years:

WSU: 7 NCAAs, F4, S16, and 10-7 record. 3 NITs, a Championship, a F4, and 8-2 record. 18-7 post season record.

KSU: 8 NCAAs, 2 - E8, and 9-8 record. No post season 2 years. 9-8 postseason record.

Comment

Working...
                              X