Landry Shamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Incidentally, Christopher Columbus was probably a Jew.

Christopher Columbus — the hidden Jew?
    I don't know which direction you're trying to take that, but let's not go there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I don't know which direction you're trying to take that, but let's not go there.
      Let's ask Desean Jackson how he feels about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        Can't wait to see heads explode when some of our players kneel for the anthem or raise a fist or have BLM patches on the uniform.
        I doubt there will be any basketball for them to kneel at. But if they do, what does it matter really? It is a empty gesture that I guess make people think they are doing something without really doing something.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I doubt there will be any basketball for them to kneel at. But if they do, what does it matter really? It is a empty gesture that I guess make people think they are doing something without really doing something.
          Solid take!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I agree that it's an empty gesture, some on here will go apoplectic nevertheless.

also agree likely no basketball
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Can't wait to see heads explode when some of our players kneel for the anthem or raise a fist or have BLM patches on the uniform.
              Or in the NFL in Week 1 when players stand for the "black National Anthem" and kneel for the Star Spangled Banner. It'll happen.
              The Assman

Comment

Shamet grew up as a Black kid. To understand his perspective would require growing up in that context.

Shamet's great-great-grandparents were likely slaves. He can't track his ancestry past that point because the breeding records of slaves were kept about the same as the breeding records of mules.

I can track my ancestry back to that level. My ancestors were fleeing oppression and warfare in Europe. Landry's ancestors had virtually no opportunity to flee their situation. There was even a war fought to keep his ancestors in slavery.

Throughout the South there are statues of the Generals who fought a war against the USA in order to keep Shamet's ancestors in slavery.

Landry Shamet has shown maturity beyond his years. He's demonstrated his intelligence and shown his intense devotion to improving himself. Dismissing his opinion is the dismissal of the opinions of a thoughtful person expressing a viewpoint from a perspective unknown to the vast majority of posters in this forum.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Aargh, I’m not dismissing your point, but I personally don’t understand the Importance of being able to trace ancestry back past a few generations. My family history is not very traceable due to a variety of reasons, but I have no history past a few generations and it gets very sketchy. If I wanna go back further, I have to look on the maternal side. Landry has a white mom and probably has history on that side too. Not trying to stir the pot, but I hear this point being made a lot and have never understood why people care so much, other than personal interest.

Comment

Landry was slightly efficient tonight. 30 point game with 9 minutes to go, Landry has 11 points on 3 shots, 4 boards, 2 steals and an assist in 20 minutes with a +23. Nicely done young man.

Comment

Watching the LAC/DAL series has been interesting. The Clippers are definitely much more "star dependent" on offense this year. Kawhi and PG dominate the offense and just do 1x1 most of the time. Their defense is pretty fun to watch though.

On the other side... Luka is a talent that's for sure .. but he's tough to watch with his constant whining at the refs. It's more obvious due to no crowd noise, but the literally screaming of "AND ONE!!!!!" directly at the refs multiple times is just a bad look.

Comment

You're right, but he ain't alone. Sometimes I wonder if that's all you're allowed to say in the league. AND1!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Watching the LAC/DAL series has been interesting. The Clippers are definitely much more "star dependent" on offense this year. Kawhi and PG dominate the offense and just do 1x1 most of the time. Their defense is pretty fun to watch though.

On the other side... Luka is a talent that's for sure .. but he's tough to watch with his constant whining at the refs. It's more obvious due to no crowd noise, but the literally screaming of "AND ONE!!!!!" directly at the refs multiple times is just a bad look.
                          With him and the big in the middle, Dallas has a bright future in the West. Once they get a PF, look out.

Comment

Luka is probably the single most exciting player (outside of FVV) personally for me to watch. I would NEVER watch a Mavs game, but now anytime they are on I watch because of him. The whining is not just him, and he is BY far not the worst offender. Have you ever watched Lebron play?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Luka is probably the single most exciting player (outside of FVV) personally for me to watch. I would NEVER watch a Mavs game, but now anytime they are on I watch because of him. The whining is not just him, and he is BY far not the worst offender. Have you ever watched Lebron play?
                              I purposely don't watch Lebron. Really the only time I watch NBA is when Landry or Fred are playing. Luka just stood out in the games I've been watching of them two. I'm sure he's not the worst, but it's still soured me on him a bit.

Comment

Landry's season is coming to an end. I would have figured after the clippers went the first 7 mins of the 4th without a field goal that they might have given Landry a chance to play but doesn't look like they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X