• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA targets mid-September for decision on college basketball start - ESPN

Myron Medcalf, Staff Writer
    posted: 08/17/20, 3:37 PM CT

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...sketball-start

"The NCAA is prepared to shift the Nov. 10 start date for college basketball if necessary, according to a statement released Monday by Dan Gavitt, senior vice president of basketball.

By mid-September, the governing body will announce its first crucial decision about the upcoming season. Per NCAA rules, full practices can start 42 days before a team's first game. In the statement, Gavitt said "contingency" plans have been developed that will allow the NCAA to move the start date for practices and games if necessary due to the coronavirus pandemic....

"In the coming weeks, the NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Basketball Oversight Committees will take the lead with me in a collaborative process of finalizing any recommendations for consideration by the NCAA Division I Council for the start of the college basketball season," Gavitt said in the statement. "By mid-September, we will provide direction about whether the season and practice start on time or a short-term delay is necessitated by the ongoing pandemic."...

"We recognize that we are living and operating in an uncertain time, and it is likely that mid-September will be just the first milestone for many important decisions pertaining to the regular season and the NCAA basketball championships," Gavitt said in his statement. "While circumstances may warrant flexibility resulting in a different and perhaps imperfect season, the ultimate goal is to safely provide student-athletes and teams with a great college basketball experience."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          I saw this on Instagram yesterday. I would say that the Raptors or Heat are more comparable to the Shox, IMO. I could see OKC as well though. Team ball.

Comment

Ricky Council IV has two brothers, both named Ricky after their father.

Ricky Council I - father
            Ricky Council II, III, and IV - sons

That's almost as mind-blowing as the fact that the Lufile boys are Chadrack, Meshack, and Abednego (who goes by Bennie, I'm assuming because of VeggieTales).
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Ricky Council I - father

That's almost as mind-blowing as the fact that the Lufile boys are Chadrack, Meshack, and Abednego (who goes by Bennie, I'm assuming because of VeggieTales).
              Or George Foreman.

Comment

Ricky Council I - father

Their mom has it easy... Whenever you need help, just yell RICKY!!! ... pretty good odds one of the 4 will come

Comment

Ricky Council I - father

There is a family off the grid out here who named all the boys after the dad and all the girls after the mom. The go by their fist and middle name.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Couldn't get in. Who are the 2 Shockers who have taken their game to another level? I'm guessing Mo is one of them. Dude is bouncy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Couldn't get in. Who are the 2 Shockers who have taken their game to another level? I'm guessing Mo is one of them. Dude is bouncy.
                      I read it yesterday, and if I remember, Dexter and Tyson in terms of confidence and taking it to the hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I read it yesterday, and if I remember, Dexter and Tyson in terms of confidence and taking it to the hole.
                        Yep. And that Mo and the Wade bros are cut!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yep. And that Mo and the Wade bros are cut!
                          Poor Bear looks like a Rich Bear...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Poor Bear looks like a Rich Bear...
                            You mean he got Bling? Or are speaking figuratively?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

You mean he got Bling? Or are speaking figuratively?
                              Coach said him and Mo were cut up.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Coach said him and Mo were cut up.
                                How'd it happen!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X