X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josaphat Bilau: A Box of Surprises

New article by Taylor on the enigma.

Gonna be a fun ride. Great attitude.

Saw this posted in the recruiting thread also, but I will post here. Kid has the potential to be a KD type of player. Now I am not saying he will be the level of KD, but that's what I think of when I watch his tape. Long arms, disruptive on the defensive end but can also run the floor, shoot, and pass like a small forward. If he continues to put in the work and be engaged and learn from the coaches, his potential is limitless. Prototypical under the radar find for Marshall and crew. Raw but unlimited potential.

And, believe it when they say high high major programs were showing interest in him. He was on a loaded team at SPIRE and went under the radar until late.

Comment

Good news is, we seem to have enough guys that we won’t have to use Dexter Dennis as our 4. We’ll miss Jaime for sure but should be better as a group in the 4-5 rotations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Good news is, we seem to have enough guys that we won’t have to use Dexter Dennis as our 4. We’ll miss Jaime for sure but should be better as a group in the 4-5 rotations.
        Yes. It will be interesting to see how Dex reacts to being freed up to play the wing almost exclusively. A real PG (or two or three), a couple of 2s, 4s and 5s and we got some great balance. It was a much too small sample size seeing him in the exhibitions last year, but I’m intrigued by Jaime’s quotes regarding JB”’s scout team performance.

Comment

Who is KD?

Comment

Kent Dorfman. He was Flounder in Animal House. Played a mean game of basketball, as well.
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
              Who is KD?
              I'm assuming that would be Kevin Durant.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm assuming that would be Kevin Durant.
                You would assume correctly.

Comment

That dude has some big damn hands.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    That dude has some big damn hands.
                    You know what they say....Big Hands....

Big Gloves

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

You know what they say....Big Hands....

Big Gloves
                      Definitely what I was thinking with the way he was holding them.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Saw this posted in the recruiting thread
                        So that’s where it is! I was trying to figure out why it hasn’t been posted. Apologies for the duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

So that’s where it is! I was trying to figure out why it hasn’t been posted. Apologies for the duplicate.
                          No worries! I would put it here since he is on the roster, but that is just my opinion. Doesn't bother me to be in both places for that matter.

Comment

A lot of Bilau talk on Sports Daily today. The people Taylor Eldridge spoke with have hyped him up big time. Specifically, they said he was the best player in the gym during his recruiting visit. Marshall said he could have contributed last year but by the time he got healthy it was too late to justify pulling the redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              A lot of Bilau talk on Sports Daily today. The people Taylor Eldridge spoke with have hyped him up big time. Specifically, they said he was the best player in the gym during his recruiting visit. Marshall said he could have contributed last year but by the time he got healthy it was too late to justify pulling the redshirt.
                              What was the injury last year Coach Marshall refers to?

Comment

Working...
                              X