No announcement yet.

Antoine Carr (1979-83) Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hearing the song, "Falling in Love Again", playing in my head. Thank you Cliff.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Who are the best San Diego Section boys basketball players of all-time? Here’s our 13-man roster

By Bodie De Silva
      May 5, 2020

"From Chase Budinger to Bill Walton, an impressive collection of boys basketball talent has come out of the San Diego Section. With that in mind, Scorebook Live California’s Bodie DeSilva put together his all-time San Diego Section 13-man boys basketball roster.

Players were selected on the basis of having attended high school in the San Diego Section, as well as their professional success and career longevity.

Players are listed alphabetically....

Cliff Levingston – Morse HS
      Levingston is one of the top rebounders in San Diego Section history, finishing with 1,216 during his career for the Tigers. He played three seasons at Wichita State, averaging 16 points and 11 rebounds over his career. Levingston entered the 1982 NBA Draft and was selected ninth overall by the Detroit Pistons. He played eleven seasons in the NBA, winning two Championships with the Chicago Bulls in 1991 and 1992. Levingston later served as an assistant coach for the Harlem Globetrotters...."

Comment

Former Chicago Bulls Teammate Details Playing Alongside Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen Share - KSL SPORTS

BY KYLE IRELAND
        MAY 14, 2020 AT 1:16 PM

https://kslsports.com/434198/former-...cottie-pippen/

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Chicago Bulls forward Cliff Levingston detailed what it was like to play alongside hall of fame players Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen during the early 1990s. Levingston was a member of the Bulls from 1990-92 and won two NBA titles with the Windy City-based franchise. During a recent episode of the Thurl Talk Podcast with Thurl Bailey, Levingston spoke about his experience playing with Jordan and Pippen.

Michael Jordan
        Levingston and Bailey discussed the current ESPN’s documentary series “The Last Dance” which is all about Jordan and the Bulls. The former teammate of Jordan told Bailey how intense it was being a teammate of the NBA legend. “Michael can be intimidating because he’s one of those guys who demands certain things to be around him,” Levingston said. “He didn’t feel they lived up to his expectations.” Levingston said that despite Jordan’s intensity and intimidating demeanor, he wanted to help his teammates reach their potential and be the best player they could be.

“Michael wants you to step up because he wants to know he can count on you when something go down he knows you have his back,” Levingston said. “He wants to make you the best player you can be because the better player you are the easier his job becomes… If you just lay down for Michael, oh he gonna walk all over you and just treat you so bad until you step up and be a man. Have a backbone.”

Scottie Pippen
        Although Jordan is arguably the greatest basketball player ever, every superhero needs a sidekick, and Jordan had one too. Levingston told Bailey that the Bulls brought him to Chicago in 1990 to help Pippen reach his potential on the hardwood. “The Bulls brought me on board to beat up Scottie [Pippen] every day,” Levingston recalled. “To be physical with him so he can handle when he gets out on the court. As you know, as an athlete if you see something every day it becomes normal. It doesn’t bother you or phase you anymore and that was the whole thing with Scottie.” The power forward said that the battles with Pippen turned into “fistfights in practice” but once they stepped off the court the two “hung out” as friends. “We really got in fights every day in practice. I mean a lot of times we got in fistfights in practice. We were ready to go blows but after practice, we hung out,” Levingston said. “He understood my job. My job was to come in and rough you up every day but afterward, we left it on the court.

Cliff Levingston
        After playing college basketball with the Wichita State Shockers. He entered the league as the ninth overall pick by the Detroit Pistons in the 1982 NBA Draft. Levingston played in the NBA from 1982-92 and 1994-95. After playing for the Pistons, the power forward played for the Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, and Denver Nuggets. He also played two seasons of international basketball. Levingston won championships with the Bulls in 1991 and 1992 and helped Jordan and Pippen reach levels of greatness."

Cliff Levingston on his early days in the NBA and Michael Jordan's competitiveness
        Thurl Bailey is joined by Cliff Levingston (2x NBA champion, Chicago Bulls 1990-91, 1991-92) to talk about growing up in San Diego, CA., how his first passion was baseball, and what drove him to get out of California. Cliff also recalls being drafted 9th in the first round to the Detroit Pistons, even though he never thought he was good enough to play in the NBA. Then we talk about how being traded to the Atlanta Hawks was exactly what Cliff needed to find his footing in the NBA. Lastly, Cliff recalls his time with the Chicago Bulls and how Michael Jordan's competitiveness divided the early 90s team. Then we dive into how his job on the Bulls was to beat up Scottie Pippen during practice, the euphoric feeling of winning a championship, and the lessons he learned from the team that he lives with every day. You can learn more about Cliff's foundation, Legends Leaving Legacies, by clicking the link below: https://www.facebook.com/Legends501c3/

Comment

AC, you can have your cake and eat it too!

Comment

Given he's one of the best to play for WSU, it would be good to at least spell his name correctly in the title for this thread: Levingston vs. Livingston.

Comment

Can we change the title of the thread to read "Levingston"? His last name is not Livingston, I presume.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Probably old and I'm repeating, but I thought this was an excellent answer to the following question in an article posted 2 years ago:

What he did: Cliff Levingston may be best remembered by Hawks fans for a shot he didn’t make, but the San Diego native had what has to be one of the most interesting careers for an NBA sixth man.

On whether he took anything illegal to go to Wichita: They didn't do anything under the table with me. I think what happened was there was a three-year period where Kansas lost recruits to Wichita and they got upset and squealed and whined like the little bitches they are to the NCAA. I met with representatives from the NCAA and they found nothing. Wichita offered me a chance to play ball and that's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Probably old and I'm repeating, but I thought this was an excellent answer to the following question in an article posted 2 years ago:

What he did: Cliff Levingston may be best remembered by Hawks fans for a shot he didn’t make, but the San Diego native had what has to be one of the most interesting careers for an NBA sixth man.

On whether he took anything illegal to go to Wichita: They didn't do anything under the table with me. I think what happened was there was a three-year period where Kansas lost recruits to Wichita and they got upset and squealed and whined like the little bitches they are to the NCAA. I met with representatives from the NCAA and they found nothing. Wichita offered me a chance to play ball and that's what I did.
                  Ironically, I read that same article recently when searching for information about Cliff and him playing with MJ in Chicago. I forwarded an email to myself (from my phone) to remind me to post it here and hadn’t got around to it yet. I like your little addition to the paragraph that caught my attention.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketbal...vH5duNDOVmljP/

A perfect illustration of the "we like it when all the teams in Kansas are good because it's 'good' for the state." But man, when it looks like that best team is WSU they come out of the woodwork, exhibiting the green eye of envy, and singing a different tune... The Chickens ain't always been the best team in this state, and won't always be the best team in this state.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 18, 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AntoineCarr55/st...y-sloans-death RIP Jerry Sloan
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Don't miss that 4 minute video on Jerry Sloan career and life. One of my very favorite NBA coaches! RIP coach.

Comment

Working...
                        X