Alterique Gilbert is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Very good point about Gilbert. All these teams know his game from seeing him the last 4 years and he’s still playing pretty well against them. Hopefully we get a chance to see him against a non-con foe again.
    If he can consistently make 2-3 three pointers a game, it would be a huge lift for our team. Other teams love to give him open looks, he just needs to make them pay.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        100% agree with what you said or didn't say here....:)

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          I’m really glad that it has worked out for him. Much respect for him to keep grinding. Getting his degree is great and from a selfish standpoint I would certainly like to see him return next year. He has been a difference maker for this team. We wouldn’t be in the position to win a regular season championship or on the bubble for the dance without him.

Comment

What happened to Alterique Gilbert? Updates on former Shockers playing pro basketball - Wichita Eagle
            http://://www.kansas.com/sports/coll...#storylink=cpy
            BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE
            FEBRUARY 14, 2022 6:00 AM

"...Those looking for an update now have one for the former Shocker, as Gilbert has signed his first professional contract with Parnu Sadam, a club located in Estonia, and joined the team in mid-January....It’s also notable that Gilbert is playing in the home country of former Shocker Rauno Nurger, who has also found a home in the league and is playing for BC Kalev-Cramo Tallinn, the first-place team and only squad with a better record than Gilbert’s team..."

Comment

My Nurger memories consist of two...1. SURELY someday he can be a break out star, and 2. can't they get the boys some warmup pants that are long enough?

Oh...and his hair looked like it would not budge in a hurricane....

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I’m really glad that it has worked out for him. Much respect for him to keep grinding. Getting his degree is great and from a selfish standpoint I would certainly like to see him return next year. He has been a difference maker for this team. We wouldn’t be in the position to win a regular season championship or on the bubble for the dance without him.
                This kid was a pivotal component to the team's success last season. One has to wonder why he didn't return.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

This kid was a pivotal component to the team's success last season. One has to wonder why he didn't return.
                  Didn't make grades.

Comment

One does not have to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      One does not have to wonder.
                      Why be cryptic? Or a jerk? Do you know something some of us don't?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Didn't make grades.

Comment

It's been well known and talked about on here a few different times. Apparently everyone but you knew the answer.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The sheer tonnage of things that I know and you don’t would stop a team of oxen right in their tracks.

(And yes, I’m trying to be an ass)

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

The sheer tonnage of things that I know and you don’t would stop a team of oxen right in their tracks.

(And yes, I’m trying to be an ass)
                              How about blowing it your a** doc. Oh, wait...

Comment

How about blowing it your a** doc. Oh, wait...

Triggered.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X