Alterique Gilbert is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    If he continues to have this kind of year, he will likely leave to pursue lucrative overseas professional offers while he can. That would be smart.
    Especially for a kid that has been injury prone in the past. Get paid while you still can.

Comment

I just hope he gets more time to work with our big men. In his videos he makes some great passes to big men at UCONN. But I suspect that's because he had played with them for some time. We have to remember our guys didn't get their normal summer to learn more about each other play. Go shocks.

Comment

nm

Comment

nm
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; December 19, 2020, 04:10 AM.

Comment

It would be nice to get AG’s take on this team so far in a post game interview. Better experience than UCONN (teammates/coaching)? Wish he would have transferred sooner? ;) Everything he expected minus not playing for GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
              It would be nice to get AG’s take on this team so far in a post game interview. Better experience than UCONN (teammates/coaching)? Wish he would have transferred sooner? ;) Everything he expected minus not playing for GGG?
              Not sure that would be a fair question to ask him. That kinda puts him in a lose/lose situation.

I think you can ask that last part though (is it what you expected)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not sure that would be a fair question to ask him. That kinda puts him in a lose/lose situation.

And I think the answer would clearly be no. I'm sure 2 of the top reasons would have been GGG and the fan experience. Not saying it is not fulfilling in different ways though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yeah you’re right. Guess I’m just curious how he likes WSU after everything that happened with GGG leaving.

Comment

I think he said in one interview that he loves Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      I think he said in one interview that he loves Wichita.
                      I’ve been to Storrs. There is nothing to do there.

Comment

Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                        i'm sure that this is in the "don't ask" department.

Comment

Posted in another Alterique thread; it was suggested it be posted here for more exposure... thanks @1979Shocker.

Worth reading. I’m happy for Alterique and glad he’s a Shocker.

‘Just have faith:’ Gilbert overcomes battles with mental health – The Sunflower
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Happy he's a Shocker and best of luck in working through these issues as he moves forward. Hopefully the most serious is in his past.

Comment

I honestly think that AG could have a Malcolm like run in a tournament situation. Malcolm A was at times frustrating throughout the season, but kept his confidence high. Teams not used to his lefty game got beaten by him time after time in March. Al's quickness and speed give him a weapon that a lot of teams won't be ready for.
                              Keep winning Shox, cuz once we get in, we will do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
                                I honestly think that AG could have a Malcolm like run in a tournament situation. Malcolm A was at times frustrating throughout the season, but kept his confidence high. Teams not used to his lefty game got beaten by him time after time in March. Al's quickness and speed give him a weapon that a lot of teams won't be ready for.
                                Keep winning Shox, cuz once we get in, we will do some damage.
                                Very good point about Gilbert. All these teams know his game from seeing him the last 4 years and he’s still playing pretty well against them. Hopefully we get a chance to see him against a non-con foe again.

Comment

Working...
                                X