No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there has to be some consideration given by the committee to the fact that WSU was the regular-season conference champion in the American. None of the other teams that are competing for the last at-large spots, such as Utah State, Colorado State, Drake, and Syracuse, won their conference. Syracuse was 9-7 in conference, 8th place in the ACC.

Comment

• And why was Taylor suspended from Twitter??? Any guesses???
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
        I think there has to be some consideration given by the committee to the fact that WSU was the regular-season conference champion in the American.
        It can go two ways:

a. The committee could use that fact to put WSU in over other teams. They could value it. In the past, they have.

b. Likewise, they may be skeptical because WSU didn't play as many games in conference as Houston and the schedule they did play precluded some of the better teams in conference. They may end looking at WSU lost yesterday and say it confirmed their suspicions that they were not really the #1 team in the AAC.

WSU resume was pretty bullet proof up till yesterday loss. Now the committee have the reasons they can point to if they chose to keep them out. Had WSU won yesterday, and it was Houston-WSU for the championship today, then WSU probably safely in.

It will be a tense NCAA selection viewing party. About as intense as the last minute of the last two games. Maybe they will pull out the win in the last minute today...

Comment

• How we feeling boys? I don’t think we get in but I’m hopeful!

Comment

• Nit

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
              None of the other teams that are competing for the last at-large spots, such as Utah State, Colorado State, Drake, and Syracuse, won their conference. Syracuse was 9-7 in conference, 8th place in the ACC.
              And in Conference NET rankings per WarrenNolan.com the ACC (Syracuse) is ranked 5th, the AAC (Wichita State) is ranked 7th, the MVC (Drake) is ranked 11th and the MWC (Utah State and Colorado State) is ranked 12th.

Non-conference SOS rankings per WarrenNolan.com are Syracuse - 91, Wichita State - 13, Drake - 309, Utah State 50, Colorado State - 146.

I wonder if some on the committee will look askance at WSU finishing 1 game behind Houston despite having the higher winning percentage? Plus WSU only played 3rd place Memphis once and did not play 4th place SMU at all (none of which was WSU's choice nor contributed to in any fashion by WSU).

The NET rankings are Utah State 39, Syracuse 40, Drake 45, Colorado State 51 and Wichita State 72. I hopefully the committee concludes that this year has exposed the NET rankings as garbage and choose either ignore them or greatly discount its value.

Comment

• [QUOTE=AZ Shocker;n1287631]And why was Taylor suspended from Twitter???

My guess - auto shutdown by twitters system bc his tweet contained multiple flagged words or phrases.

Would expect Taylor has full access in relatively short order - as soon as his post gets reviewed by an actual person. Sucks for him and us that it happened. Especially at this moment.

Comment

• Dakich says he’d have a hard time putting CSU or USU over a regular season champ like WSU.

Hope the committee feels the same way.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                    How we feeling boys? I don’t think we get in but I’m hopeful!
                    We're in. Mark it down.

Comment

• I think we are gonna be in with a 12/12 play in game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        WSU resume was pretty bullet proof up till yesterday loss. Now the committee have the reasons they can point to if they chose to keep them out. Had WSU won yesterday, and it was Houston-WSU for the championship today, then WSU probably safely in.
                        I love college sports ... But this is the part that I hate. So many times it seems like only 1 or 2 games really matter throughout the entire season. Either if you would have won that 1 game, or not lost that 1 game you are in. The rest are just there and don't count.

Comment

• We screwed the pooch yesterday and are NIT bound unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• Syracuse doesn't deserve to be in. 1-7 vs. Quad 1. 8th place in the ACC. WSU should be in over Syracuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I love college sports ... But this is the part that I hate. So many times it seems like only 1 or 2 games really matter throughout the entire season. Either if you would have won that 1 game, or not lost that 1 game you are in. The rest are just there and don't count.
                              Unless your in the chosen conferences where you can lose more games than you win.

Comment

• Ohio and Illinois going to OT. I totally ready for college basketball to adopt the Elam Ending.

Comment

Working...
                                X