2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    I need to know what Faucci has to say about the NCAA tournament.
    "The National Coalition of Allergists and Asthmatics has a tournament? I didn't know that, but they should wear masks and stay six feet apart." - Dr. Anthony Fauci

Comment

• Today's Bracketmatrix has us in the field. 67 of the bracketologists now include us, as Minnesota falls out. That includes 5 of the Top 6 ranked bracketologists (including only those who have made updated brackets since the Houston game.)

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Can anyone confirm that the Athletic has us in with a first round game with Drake?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Can anyone confirm that the Athletic has us in with a first round game with Drake?

Yes
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• How come the old feel-good Cinderella story doesn't apply to us this year? Our story of 6th-to-first after all the transfers, losing our coach, and doing it with an interim coach doesn't seem to be getting any traction from the folks who usually love such stuff.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
              How come the old feel-good Cinderella story doesn't apply to us this year? Our story of 6th-to-first after all the transfers, losing our coach, and doing it with an interim coach doesn't seem to be getting any traction from the folks who usually love such stuff.
              I mean, we've gotten notoriety from numerous media outlets, podcasts, and prognosticators. The big thing holding us back from a more "Cinderella" vibe is the fact that our predictive numbers are in the 60s and 70s, as opposed to teams like St. Bonaventure, Richmond, and Drake who are mostly in the 40s-50s. It's more likely that one of those teams makes a run in the NCAA tournament than we do.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I mean, we've gotten notoriety from numerous media outlets, podcasts, and prognosticators. The big thing holding us back from a more "Cinderella" vibe is the fact that our predictive numbers are in the 60s and 70s, as opposed to teams like St. Bonaventure, Richmond, and Drake who are mostly in the 40s-50s. It's more likely that one of those teams makes a run in the NCAA tournament than we do.
                Never tell me the odds
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• As we now appear in so many brackets, I’m starting to feel like maybe it would be best for us to get just a couple wins under our belt this week, especially considering our long layoff, and forgo a match up with SMU or Memphis. Especially as fast as bubble teams are falling away. Just holding our line would seem to be good enough to get us in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yes
                    The next round would be against Virginia ... If they got a win there, it could be on to Kansas. lol

Comment

• If we get in as a 12, there’s going to be one pissed off 5. I hope it’s KU ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        As we now appear in so many brackets, I’m starting to feel like maybe it would be best for us to get just a couple wins under our belt this week, especially considering our long layoff, and forgo a match up with SMU or Memphis. Especially as fast as bubble teams are falling away. Just holding our line would seem to be good enough to get us in.
                        In all the brackets I have seen, WSU is a placeholder team for the AAC automatic qualifier - winner of the AAC tournament. So unless the AAC cancels the AAC tournament and awards WSU the AQ for winning the league - they are are going to have to earn their way through Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          Moral of the story: No mercy and run up the score if possible. Apparently just winning isn’t enough. Reminds me of the BCS.
                          Exactly right.

Comment

• How about some new news to discuss. What are your thoughts on this article From Hoe Lunardi:

ESPN college basketball analyst and original bracketologist Joe Lunardi discusses expanding the NCAA Tournament in this excerpt from the upcoming book “Bracketology: March Madness, College Basketba…

Comment

• I hate not being able to modify a misspelled word.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                                How about some new news to discuss. What are your thoughts on this article From Hoe Lunardi:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/28/espns-...aa-tournament/

I don’t hate it.

Gets rid of those 15-seed 16-seed play-in games. Not only are those game not as fun to watch, I agree that they have earned the right to try and take down a giant in the real dance.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X