2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

We are lucky, look here. https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team...+St.&year=2021

Look at the AdjO and AdjD for some of these games. There is too many games that were way closer than they should've been for a tournament team.
    Give me a glaring example from that link, as to what you are saying so I can understand.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Give me a glaring example from that link, as to what you are saying so I can understand.
      There isn't really any stand out bad games besides Missouri and Memphis, it's more underperforming against ORU, Oklahoma St., USF, Cincinnati, @ UCF and Temple.

Barttorvik is recency biased, so those 3 bad non con games are being weighted less and we are still not close to Top 50.

Comment

• ​​​​​​

Interesting to think about here. The chances of all 68 teams testing negative is low IMO. That means unless it's a 1 bid league that tests positive, as long as you are withing a couple spots of making the field, there is a good chance of ending up in the tourney.

Even weirder. You could slide into a high seed slot ...
        Last edited by Stickboy46; February 25, 2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

​​​​​​

Interesting to think about here. The chances of all 68 teams testing negative is low IMO. That means unless it's a 1 bid league that tests positive, as long as you are withing a couple spots of making the field, there is a good chance of ending up in the tourney.

Even weirder. You could slide into a high seed slot ...
          If a couple high seeds get replaced, this March Madness could be bonkers.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Scrap the conference tournaments and invite everyone that isn’t affected by CoVid. Could that be pulled off?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Scrap the conference tournaments and invite everyone that isn’t affected by CoVid. Could that be pulled off?
              Suddenly .. NOBODY would be affected by covid. Weird how that works?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

There isn't really any stand out bad games besides Missouri and Memphis, it's more underperforming against ORU, Oklahoma St., USF, Cincinnati, @ UCF and Temple.

Barttorvik is recency biased, so those 3 bad non con games are being weighted less and we are still not close to Top 50.
                It is notable that WSU has the 48th best efficiency in D1 over its last 10 games vs 65th best efficiency over the whole year. Sign of improvement.

Comment

• These metrics need to have a multiplier that is applied if a team has taken care of itself and not screwed over it's opponents by being quarantined over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    ​​​​

Interesting to think about here. The chances of all 68 teams testing negative is low IMO.
                    Perhaps but with the WHO and the CDC reducing the enhancement cycles on the testing postive results may not be so frequent. I think that is already showing up in the date isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps but with the WHO and the CDC reducing the enhancement cycles on the testing postive results may not be so frequent. I think that is already showing up in the date isn't it?

What a system?

Comment

• Well, Michigan State just leap frogged us.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          Well, Michigan State just leap frogged us.
                          They've won 3 in a row, 5 of their last 7 including wins over Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio St. Hopefully, Indiana and/or Minnesota will drop out. Minnesota have lost 4 in row, Indiana 3 of their last 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

They've won 3 in a row, 5 of their last 7 including wins over Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio St. Hopefully, Indiana and/or Minnesota will drop out. Minnesota have lost 4 in row, Indiana 3 of their last 4.
                            Iowa got boatraced by Michigan, not that it changes anything.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Unjust system...HOWEVER, there is no denying that the Big 10 is LOADED with great teams THIS year...

I heard an interesting comment from Fitsgerald of Powercat yesterday, saying he does not think the Big 12 is as good as the hype...i was stunned...and agree...

Comment

• I need to know what Faucci has to say about the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X