Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Does the comittee still use last 10 games as a factor? I thought that used to be way back when.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    The bubble has gotten weaker and weaker, as long as we avoid an atomic bomb loss, we should be in.

BracketMatrix's latest update has WSU as the third 11 seed. We are now in 96/103 brackets. (93%). I think our current spot would have us in a first 4 game playing Drake.
    Wouldn’t it be nice to win the tourney and remove all doubt for once?

I’m with you, though, two wins and we’re in but I will still be very nervous on Sunday until I see WSU officially confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    If we lose in the quarters Friday: 42%. Semis on Saturday: 57% (sweatin' time). Finals: 85% (probably higher).

Bottom line is we are not a lock right now, like half of the b10 & b10 are.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    The bubble has gotten weaker and weaker, as long as we avoid an atomic bomb loss, we should be in.

BracketMatrix's latest update has WSU as the third 11 seed. We are now in 96/103 brackets. (93%). I think our current spot would have us in a first 4 game playing Drake.

Leave a comment:

• shocker43
    replied
    I love that every year we were in the Valley, everyone would question our resume. If we took a loss, it was the "end of our tournament hopes"

Meanwhile, Drake has two terrible losses, Valpo (NET 225) and Bradley (NET 168) and one "good" win, but are "solidly" an at large team.

Other stats:

Their SOS - 203, Non-Con - 308
    Average NET win - 196
    Average NET loss - 103

They've played three quad one games, ALL against Loyola and a whopping 11 quad four games!

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Don't waste your time.

Sagarin lists top 25 & top 50 wins. The entire MVC has ZERO (0) top 25 wins and TWO (2) top 50 wins. The TWO (2) top 50 wins were victories over Loyola by Drake & Indiana State.
    So the Valley scheduled up this year right?

Leave a comment:

• IndianaShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm trying to figure out what Loyola's best win is. Drake? lol
    Don't waste your time.

Sagarin lists top 25 & top 50 wins. The entire MVC has ZERO (0) top 25 wins and TWO (2) top 50 wins. The TWO (2) top 50 wins were victories over Loyola by Drake & Indiana State.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I have no problem with Loyola or other good mid-majors being ranked high; they are good.

Teams that are .500 or worse though, does bother me.
    I'm trying to figure out what Loyola's best win is. Drake? lol

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

We've only played 19 games.
    Two of those games were D2, so we only played 17 D1 games.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    IMHO Loyola deserves to be ranked. Drake deserves an at large. I also think that any of WSU/UH/UM would have little trouble taking them out.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
    So, go ahead and explain again why a Northwestern team that beats mighty Nebraska at home by one point on a last minute basket should be 20 or 30 spots above WSU.
    Northwestern NET is 88, they are 23 spots below WSU 65 NET. Maybe you were thinking of another team?

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    If (and that's a BIG IF), Memphis beats WSU in the conference finals, AAC could get 3 teams in.

Leave a comment:

• HenryMuto
    replied
    Anyone notice that Wichita State would have an RPI of 17 if that system was still used ?

Things are very interesting this year with the NET I mean Colgate is ranked in the top 10.

Cleveland State would have an RPI of 62 and their NET is 164.

I think if Wichita State makes the American finals they are a lock. Losing the semi-finals they still probably get in if Houston wins the championship. If losing in quarters that make things interesting but still might get in.

Leave a comment:

• David Rahm
    replied
    ProShox,

At the end of the day, it should be about wins and losses. We have a top 30 strength of schedule and won a tough conference.
    To hell with the metrics.

Just win baby.

Again, the coaches see this and all of you sharpies keep talking metrics and how WSU just doesn't measure up.

What a steaming load of kaka!

Quit trying to justify the unjustifiable.

PS. Just finished watching Houston_Memphis, Loyola_Drake and Northwestern_Nebraska.

Memphis would slaughter these teams except Houston. It's a joke to claim otherwise.

We should be comfortably in, that is it!

So, go ahead and explain again why a Northwestern team that beats mighty Nebraska at home by one point on a last minute basket should be 20 or 30 spots above WSU.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Listening to Seth Davis on TV about Michigan-Michigan State he says: losing to Michigan is not bad, MSU just has to avoid bad losses. This is what pisses me off. We have zero bad losses, but that line of thinking doesn’t apply to us. They get to change the narrative depending on who they are talking about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X