KSU - 23

WSU - 18
    KSU - 44

WSU - 35
    KSU - 22

Running Ten Year Average
    WSU - 28.4
    KSU - 55.7

So the "superior instate school" has finished with a worse NET/RPI 8 of the last ten years and has a 10 year average that is roughly half as good as WSU. That's not accounting for the built in RPI/NET advantage of playing in the Big 12.

So let's be perfectly clear. This is a GREAT series, but this benefits KSU as much or more than it benefits WSU.
    Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story. LOL

A couple of more facts from this year against the same opponents in 2019-2020.
    Shox defeated OSU by 30 points or so in Stillwater. OSU defeated KSU twice at Manhattan and Stillwater.
    Shox defeated the OU Sooners at IBA (Neutral site). OU split their games with KSU.

KSU DELUSIONAL.
    Last edited by Shockm; July 10, 2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Why would someone think that 65% would be KSU fans? Given past history with IBA and with KSU getting 5,000 seats, I don't even see all season ticket holders having a shot at tickets (secondary market aside). I'm wondering if season ticket holders will only get as many tickets as they have season tickets. Then there is the group of tickets that go to the special Intrust ticketholders.
      I've seen that KSU fans believe that a large chunk of WSU season ticket holders are actually KSU fans that will be wearing purple for that game...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        On one hand I wanna ask for this guy's banking information and make a sizable bet . On the other hand, K-State fans do like getting up for WSU. Big game for them.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's good to know that Kitty basketball fans are just as delusional as Kitty football fans .
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
            It's good to know that Kitty basketball fans are just as delusional as Kitty football fans .
            Speaking of "delusional" fans, Colin Cowherd tore into Nebraska football fans on what is actually realistic expectations for their program in the future. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years during my junior high and high school years and I really liked living there. However, I'd have to admit that it was kind of a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde thing when it came to football Saturday. I have no dog in this fight, just thought it might be of interest to you.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              https://www.k-statefans.com/forums/v...php?f=4&t=9931

It's a home-run win for WSU & Marshall just to schedule a game against the superior instate school, "

Comment

A K-State fan thinks THEY are the superior in-state school? As much as I can't stand them, if you are looking strictly at on-court performance over the past 30 years, it is pretty clear the top team in the state is the USS Cheaterbate up in Larrytown.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Speaking of "delusional" fans, Colin Cowherd tore into Nebraska football fans on what is actually realistic expectations for their program in the future. I lived in Lincoln for 3 years during my junior high and high school years and I really liked living there. However, I'd have to admit that it was kind of a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde thing when it came to football Saturday. I have no dog in this fight, just thought it might be of interest to you.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska...otball-message
                  Thanks. Saw it on my Husker site. I admit it's been a bit tough in Huskerland lately, but Cowherd is a tool.
                  "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

Thanks. Saw it on my Husker site. I admit it's been a bit tough in Huskerland lately, but Cowherd is a tool.
                    I agree that Cowherd looks for controversy to get people to listen. However, Nebraska has often had problems recruiting athletic players at the skill positions. The only long stretch of it at all was when they were still in the Big 12, and Osborne had a great run. They have built their history on big farm type of kids on the line from Nebraska (with a few exceptions), and then great speed from other places.

The spread and Nebraska is a new phenomenon, and they have had little success, but if anyone can get it going it will be Scott Frost. But they have to do what Lincoln Riley (Florida, Nebraska, and other places too) has done and go out and find dual threat, athletic quarterbacks who can throw. They usually aren't from Nebraska but Florida has some sometimes and Frost knows Florida a little. Imo, going to the Big 10, hurt Nebraska's chances to recruit those players because those guys usually aren't from the north.

Comment

Sad state of affairs in for the Big Red. Never thought I'd witness it.

College football needs them.

Comment

My Mom is from Lincoln and I grew up going to games with my Dad and Grandfather. Nebraska is the college football team that I root for.

Cowerd is a complete bafoon who is only looking for clickbait. However, it is asinine to say that Frost is on the hot seat after only two seasons in Lincoln.

There are a lot of factors that go in to why the Huskers have struggled over the past decade plus and Cowerd is not too far off on his reasoning. Leaving the Big 12, cold weather school (kids would much rather go to Texas, CA, or Florida), antiquated system on offense, etc. I think that Frost is capable of overcoming these issues if given the time.

Comment

Plenty of big name cold weather schools have zero problem recruiting.

It pains me to say (from a Shocker perspective), but Husker football has a lot of correlations to Shocker baseball, just a on a much larger scale. Strong history, proud fanbase, great facilities, but little to nothing on the bone if you're a 17 or 18 year-old recruit with no connections or attachments to the program.

Hindsight and all, but it really was dumb of Nebraska to leave the B12 for the B10. No one in their right mind is going to equate UNL with the B10 academic blue bloods, which I do recall was one of the rationales. Longer travel. Far less regional rivalries and history (got Iowa that they've tried to manufacture tradition with, then.... ?). Lateral move for MBB. Huge step down in baseball. For what?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            For what?
                            54 million vs 38 million, per year?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

54 million vs 38 million, per year?
                              So an extra $16M per year for a school with a nearly $1B annual budget, all so they could teeter on the brink of P5 irrelevance?

Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Plenty of big name cold weather schools have zero problem recruiting.

It pains me to say (from a Shocker perspective), but Husker football has a lot of correlations to Shocker baseball, just a on a much larger scale. Strong history, proud fanbase, great facilities, but little to nothing on the bone if you're a 17 or 18 year-old recruit with no connections or attachments to the program.

Hindsight and all, but it really was dumb of Nebraska to leave the B12 for the B10. No one in their right mind is going to equate UNL with the B10 academic blue bloods, which I do recall was one of the rationales. Longer travel. Far less regional rivalries and history (got Iowa that they've tried to manufacture tradition with, then.... ?). Lateral move for MBB. Huge step down in baseball. For what?
                                Same thoughts came to mind with regards to Shocker baseball, however I'm not sure the Shockers could have made a better choice (of course still to be determined) by getting Wedge and Hibbs in the fold. The higher level recruits seem to be taking notice again... at least that's what I've been hearing. I also believe playing in the AAC will make our rebuild (a hopeful return to glory) a little easier. In fairness to Nebraska, football is probably a bigger challenge... it's an entirely different animal.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X