Where to eat before the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to eat before the game?

I don't make it back to wichita often but I will be there during the holidays and was able to get tickets to a shocker game. We would like to go out to eat before the game. We're looking for something fairly casual ($10-20 per dinner range), on the east side of town or near campus, and unique and/or local (not Applebee's, Carlos O'Kelley's etc). What would you recommend?

Originally posted by SwansonPerez View Post
    I don't make it back to wichita often but I will be there during the holidays and was able to get tickets to a shocker game. We would like to go out to eat before the game. We're looking for something fairly casual ($10-20 per dinner range), on the east side of town or near campus, and unique and/or local (not Applebee's, Carlos O'Kelley's etc). What would you recommend?
    Red Rock Canyon Grill is very good on Rock Rd.

Comment

If you like asian cuisine, Samurai is quick and good food, it's over by 37th and woodlawn.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

B'nards(sp), Felipes, Two BROTHERS.....

Comment

My all-time favorite pre-game stop is Connie's Mexico Cafe, 2227 N Broadway St. Wichita, KS 67219

fyi... load up on tic tacs prior to tip-off.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bella Luna Cafe on Central just west of Oliver is very good. They also have a location in the Bradley Fair Shopping Center on the SE Corner of 21st & Rock (Close to the Gap on the north end). Red Rock Canyon Grill is also located in Bradley Fair (on the south end). Jason's Deli is another option in Bradley Fair.

Cafe Maurice at 21st and Webb is very good. In the same center is Cinnamon's Deli and Louie's Grill. Louie's is a sports bar. Really like their pizza.

Adrian's Restaurant in the center on the SW Corner of 21st and Rock.

Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Que at 3550 N. Woodlawn (Just North of K-96). Two Brothers BBQ is just a couple blocks further north on Woodlawn and has an all-you-can-eat buffet if quantity is important.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 16, 2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

My #2 is Savute's Italian Ristorante, 3303 N Broadway St. Wichita, KS 67219
              I've been eating at Savute's since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Note: I believe they are closed Monday & Tuesday.

Review:

"Savute's is one of those Wichita dining establishments that one absolutely must try before earning the distinction, "Wichitan." The decor is aviation themed and borders on tacky but the crowded parking lot is evidence that a lot of people can look past that to focus on the main event: the food.

The simple menu features outstanding spaghetti and other Italian favorites, plus steak. Combine this with the fast, friendly service and reasonable prices and it becomes clear why Savute's has been in business for so long."

Comment

My #3 pre-game stop is none other than Nuway Cafe... "Crumbly is Good!"

5 Locations (my favorite is the original Nuway, 1416 W. Douglas):

Comment

If you just want a good burger TJ's Burger House has a location downtown (on Douglas, just east of Seneca) and on the east side at 1530 S Webb Road.

I believe their burgers are 1/3rd pound after cooking. Also do not order a full order of fries unless you plan on sharing them.

Comment

Just tried a Five Guys Burger and Fries in KC last week and noticed one open in west Wichita across from New Market Square (2616 N Maize Rd). There's also one on the east side at 2929 N. Rock Rd.

One order of fries will feed a family of 4 and the burgers are tasty too...

Comment

Stroud's a couple of miles north of the arena on Hillside. Family style meals in a country atmosphere. Award winning pan-fried chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Just tried a Five Guys Burger and Fries in KC last week and noticed one open in west Wichita across from New Market Square (2616 N Maize Rd). There's also one on the east side at 2929 N. Rock Rd.

One order of fries will feed a family of 4 and the burgers are tasty too...
                        They have one downtown as well on Douglas and Washington.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Da Cajun shak at 21st and Woodlawn in great, friendly service and the whole menu is delicious!
                          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

If you are taking your wife: YiaYias
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              If you are taking your wife: YiaYias
                              Especially if you are taking the wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X