Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan
    replied
    I thought AM would play a little bit. Still holding out hope.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    one time I predicted that I would **** Mary Jane Henderson after prom

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    Best ever was WuDrWu for 2013 NCAA Tournament. Hands down. Hall of fame prediction!
    Last edited by Shocktoberfest; March 22, 2020, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBand
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I’ll make a separate post for my wrong prediction. I had met Todd Butler in the summer of 2013. I also heard him speak at an event at my church later in the fall. I would have bet anything that he’d be successful and lead the Shockers back to Omaha. I said at the time that if I had influence over a young man wanting to play college baseball, I would have told him to go play for Todd, no question about it. He had that vibe that I thought would play really well on the recruiting trail.

Yeah, I got that one wrong.
    I think Butler recruited decently, he and his staff just couldn't coach 'em up.

Leave a comment:

• Fake Gregg Marshall
    replied
    I said in a recruiting thread years ago that I didn’t understand the hype over a particular player; that he’d be a 4 year bench warmer. That was Ron Baker’s recruiting thread.

I also predicted there would be a 2020 NCAA Tournament.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Every year since Kansas City traded for Matt Cassel, I thought they were super bowl material. Sabby Piscitelli.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Until we get some fresh news to discuss, we need something to keep us from beating the same dead horse over and over again.

Here’s an idea for discussion. I was running an errand this past week when I heard Bruce and Shane on the radio. They were talking the NBA when Bruce mentioned Trae Young and Shane mentioned LeBron as guys who they were wrong about. Both thought those guys would fail. Bruce has been wrong so far. Shane was incredibly wrong.

What was your worst prediction? Maybe you thought someone would suck who turned out to be great. Maybe vice versa...you thought someone would be great who ended up flopping. Maybe a team. Maybe a game. Maybe a rule. What did you get wrong?

This could be about Shocker Athletics but could also be about anything across sports. I’m curious to see what people will admit.
    Which one or which 100? I never imagined Shamet playing pro ball, though if I recall, after his first Shocker Madness I predicted he would be an outstanding player. I never imagined FVV playing in the NBA let alone starting for a team and certainly not getting a Finals MVP vote. I thought JB was going to be an outstanding Shocker and was super pumped after his performance at his first Shocker Madness and now he's gone. Probably more wrongs than rights. By a lot.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    My wife, her dad, and her brother are all St. Louis Cardinals fans, which means they hate a certain team.

In the offseason going into the 2016 season, my wife saw a player leave the Royals and made a now-infamous prediction.

“Ben Zobrist is going to the Cubs??? That’s stupid! He must never want to go to the World Series ever again!”

Ben not only went but was also the World Series MVP that season. Ouch.

I remind Mrs. WS16 of that prediction every now and then...and then get told to immediately shut up.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Somewhere on here I have a post where I was talking out of my ass and said the scrawny redshirt on the bench was going to be the next great shocker.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    I’ll make a separate post for my wrong prediction. I had met Todd Butler in the summer of 2013. I also heard him speak at an event at my church later in the fall. I would have bet anything that he’d be successful and lead the Shockers back to Omaha. I said at the time that if I had influence over a young man wanting to play college baseball, I would have told him to go play for Todd, no question about it. He had that vibe that I thought would play really well on the recruiting trail.

Yeah, I got that one wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    I'm going to go thew other way and give the best post I've ever done. It was on MVCFans before either VanVleet or Baker had played a single game. It ran to 37 pages and some SWOMO posters thought they had the same caliber of players.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    started a topic What was your worst ever prediction?

What was your worst ever prediction?

Until we get some fresh news to discuss, we need something to keep us from beating the same dead horse over and over again.

Here’s an idea for discussion. I was running an errand this past week when I heard Bruce and Shane on the radio. They were talking the NBA when Bruce mentioned Trae Young and Shane mentioned LeBron as guys who they were wrong about. Both thought those guys would fail. Bruce has been wrong so far. Shane was incredibly wrong.

What was your worst prediction? Maybe you thought someone would suck who turned out to be great. Maybe vice versa...you thought someone would be great who ended up flopping. Maybe a team. Maybe a game. Maybe a rule. What did you get wrong?

This could be about Shocker Athletics but could also be about anything across sports. I’m curious to see what people will admit.
Working...
X