X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Fred is a great college player, but has zero NBA chance.
    I actually thought he'd make the NBA... my close buddies horse laughed...

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    More than once. Still, I had him projected just below Sabonis (the dad) in skill set.

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I know I was pretty high on Mantas Griskanis when we signed him. I know I have worse ones than that. I'll keep searching. Good topic WuShock16
    Didn’t help that he blew out his knee. That did happen. Correct?

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I know I was pretty high on Mantas Griskanis when we signed him. I know I have worse ones than that. I'll keep searching. Good topic WuShock16

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    Who would want to invest in a book reseller like Amazon?

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    “We’ll never beat the #1 Zags”

“Are you satisfied?”

Enjoy the show (Cle and Fred coming off the bench)...

I’m getting nervous. Yikes!

After the win, reporter on the floor talking to Marshall: Reporter - Guys stepping up with big shots, clutch shots, and different guys stepping up. Marshall - "This is the epitome of a team. They don't care about individual stats, it's all about us winning."

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Fred is a great college player, but has zero NBA chance.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Having trouble coming up with just one terrible prediction, I’ve had many through the years.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    I thought Erik Stevenson would average Ron Baker's sophomore numbers this year. Holy crap was that a fail.

Well actually I guess he did ... in Field Goal ATTEMPTS and TURNOVERS.

muhahahaha

Okay he did beat Ron out in rebounding, but other than that, Baker's sophomore stats smoked Stevenson's.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    During the Randy Smithson years, I boldly predicted we would win the MVC in 1998. We did get 3rd at 11-7 but were just a wee bit behind Illinois State's 16-2 record.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    On topic. I and and quite a few other were not sure FVV would make it here half way through his Freshman year. Too slow to play at this level. Turned out it was the turned ankle he was recovering from and Fred said after his Freshman year that he was embarrassed with how he had played to start the year.

If my memory is right, he turned out to be pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I'm going to go thew other way and give the best post I've ever done. It was on MVCFans before either VanVleet or Baker had played a single game. It ran to 37 pages and some SWOMO posters thought they had the same caliber of players.

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2477
    Not my prediction, but halfway through Baker's red shirt year I asked someone I trust how that Baker kid was doing. The answer was: " he is the best player on the floor, he will be all MVC"

Interesting story: I was in, I believe Pratt KS, watching a female relative play in the 3A state Playoffs. The next game was a boys game we watched for a little bit. They had this guard that was really good. I was so excited about him and assuming he was an immature senior, I told a member of our party we should call a junior college coach we knew so he could recruit him. I looked him up and he was just a sophomore, playing for Scott City. I guess you could say I discovered Ron Baker long before the WSU staff did.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    By the way, we still have the same coach and will return to the glory days. I predicted it in the 90’s and it will continue. I remember when I would have given anything to be 23-8. Keep your tickets boys and girls.

P. S. Oh, Fred checks in at the 12:35 mark of the first half and he didn’t seem too upset about coming off the bench and backing up Malcolm Armstead. Ya’ gotta pay your dues.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    I gave Bill Snyder ZERO chance to rehabilitate KjSU after the Prince debacle.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    “We’ll never beat the #1 Zags”

“Are you satisfied?”

Enjoy the show (Cle and Fred coming off the bench)...

I’m getting nervous. Yikes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X