X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JVShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
    That Stevenson could be better than Ron. This tells me to "slow my roll".

Speaking of this year, remember how much fun Coach was saying it was to coach this team? That was up until UConn.

Look at the post game celebration there, everybody was going nuts, but GS was sitting there amidst the joy. It was very strange, and I had commented to another poster on here about that. I didn't know that but perhaps that was part of the underlying problems starting to come to the surface?

Anybody know where that locker room celebration video is? I googled it, didn't find it. Thought it would be in the Kansas.com article on the win.
    I thought it was on Twitter. Somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    That Stevenson could be better than Ron. This tells me to "slow my roll".

Speaking of this year, remember how much fun Coach was saying it was to coach this team? That was up until UConn.

Look at the post game celebration there, everybody was going nuts, but GS was sitting there amidst the joy. It was very strange, and I had commented to another poster on here about that. I didn't know that but perhaps that was part of the underlying problems starting to come to the surface?

Anybody know where that locker room celebration video is? I googled it, didn't find it. Thought it would be in the Kansas.com article on the win.

Leave a comment:

• capnkirk
    replied
    Mine would be HCGM not working out here. I thought he must have been damaged goods since he had coached at Winthrop for 9 years and no one else seemed to want to hire him away from there.

Sometimes Is good to be wrong..... :)

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    I've got one for Cold!

Leave a comment:

• jdmee
    replied
    Back in early 2016 I picked the wrong numbers for the powerball. Cost me over a billion dollars.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    For about 3...maybe 4...possibly 5 years I predicted almost every game that my man Shaq Morris would go for 20!!!

I think maybe he got one finally. Heckava player!!! Miss me some Shaq.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
    Worst prediction I have heard lately was by my brother a month ago who said Coronavirus was just a flu that would never affect America like China and wouldn’t affect our economy...I love my brother and he is very successful and has made lots of money but he really missed that one...

now they are talking TWO trillion dollar stimulus.
    I told my wife I had a stimulus package bigger than what we would get from this. As long as it doesn’t break a roll of quarters I’ll have a accurate prediction, for once.

Leave a comment:

• rjl
    replied
    Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Casey Crawford

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    I'll answer for Cold since he isn't here right now.

Two words:
    Casey Crawford

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
    Worst prediction I have heard lately was by my brother a month ago who said Coronavirus was just a flu that would never affect America like China and wouldn’t affect our economy...I love my brother and he is very successful and has made lots of money but he really missed that one...

Dems didn't approve it..........maybe get even bigger

Leave a comment:

• Arizona Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rjl
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I also thought Doug Gottlieb provided good 'color' commentary... not sure what went wrong between him and our program.
    Simple. His career was on the ropes, and a lot of online journalists are paid (or at least judged) by the traffic their stories bring to their respective websites. Doug had a decent thing going for a little bit creating lots of traffic by trolling Shocker fans.

You can say the same thing about a lot of industries any more. Sports journalists, industry bloggers, cable news, etc.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

After the win, reporter on the floor talking to Marshall: Reporter - Guys stepping up with big shots, clutch shots, and different guys stepping up. Marshall - "This is the epitome of a team. They don't care about individual stats, it's all about us winning."
    l listened to the replay (thanks KFH) and caught that comment also... there's so many great quotes before and after that game. Marshall calls a timeout during the first half when Pitt made a run; Mike and Bob discuss how he doesn't use many of them and saves them. Coach Marshall was a master and he still is. I don't care what anyone says. He'll make the necessary adjustments with current and incoming players and work even harder.
    We put a 'clown suit' on Dixon's bunch. Cotton guarded their star player most of the game and he ended up with 2 points. Marshall mentions in the pre-game that Tekele will be guarding him and, "he'll have a difficult game." I can't recall the players name.

Oh, I'd take another 7' African gazell; I know he was brutal from the line, but he was a 'game changer'. The "Play Angry" toughness on that team was legendary. I had forgot about the injuries also; probably caused us to lose several games before Baker came back. I also thought Doug Gottlieb provided good 'color' commentary... not sure what went wrong between him and our program.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    That the Shockers would make the 2020 Tournament

Leave a comment:

• Jhook89
    replied
    I said something once along the lines of Cotton had a better shot than FVV at the NBA because of his superior athletic ability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X