• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Lunardi Valley getting some love

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

W
    SU 11 seed UNI @ SCUM 8 seed's, I'll take

I know its very early but fun to speculate:cool-new:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

An ol' NIT matchup with Stanford. Good, maybe some revenge for the arse whoopin at home they gave us.

Comment

Did anybody else notice that Lunardi now has UNI as the auto-bid from the Valley?
      Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
        Did anybody else notice that Lunardi now has UNI as the auto-bid from the Valley?
        From what I've seen, I think Lunardi often just pencils in the team with the best current RPI/record for the auto-bid.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

One thing for sure, UNI has taken care of business. They are probably 1, if not 2, games ahead of where most would have had them penciled in pre-season. Winning @ISU put them 1 up and winning all the potentially close/swing type games (@ODU, neutral Providence, Milwaukee, CSU) make it 2 up.

Compare to CU: They mowed down the a generally weak schedule, but probably were expected to win 1, if not 2, of the quality games (Nebraska, @SDS, @St Joes). They won 2, so give them a 1 up.

Compare to WSU: Pre-season, most would have expected us to beat UNLV and, outside of their NC win, still would. So, we've had 1 game we were not expected to win (Alabama) and didn't; 2 key games (home against UNLV and neutral Temple), probably favored in both, but a split is good and did; and won the potentially close/swing games of Colorado, Tulsa, and USU (we would have been pre-season favored in all). Therefore, we haven't stubbed our toe, but haven't done anything more than expected either. Net gain: 0.

One plus for WSU is that some opponents have maybe done better than expected. While USU and UAB have disappointed, CHSO and Fullerton have helped counter that along with UNLV's NC win. Hope that Temple and Alabama don't foul up more as in Bowling Green and Dayton.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            An ol' NIT matchup with Stanford. Good, maybe some revenge for the arse whoopin at home they gave us.
            I don't recall it being an "arse whoopin'?"

If so, well...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We all know this is going to change a thousand times over the next three months. What I find interesting, and amusing, is that Indiana, Georgetown, Saint Louis and Murray State ENTER the bracket as 4, 5, 6 and 7 seeds respectively. From the outhouse to the penthouse just that quickly.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Wasn't that in the CBI not NIT? I could be wrong but could have sworn we played them in the CBI
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

It was the CBI, or CIT back in 2009, and it was a beat-down. Not sure if the final score reflected it or not, but Stanford dominated the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                    It was the CBI, or CIT back in 2009, and it was a beat-down. Not sure if the final score reflected it or not, but Stanford dominated the whole game.
                    Yep. I don't remember how many fans were there but the ones that were there were ready to cheer on their team. Had the team made a run then I think it would have had some of the loudest moments ever at Koch, but Stanford didn't really have too much trouble dealing with the Shox that night.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                      I checked, it was the CBI and we lost 70 - 56

Comment

I actually would like the Shockers chances in the bracket. If they play like they did against UNLV they can beat all those teams
                        “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

Working...
                        X