Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can YOU do to show your support of Wichita State Athletics right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can YOU do to show your support of Wichita State Athletics right now?

So what are you going to do today to show your support of WICHITA STATE ATHLETICS?

To purchase or renew season tickets contact:
    The official Ticket Office page for the Wichita State Shockers

To send a note/letter to a specific coach or student-athlete:
    Student Athletes Name, Sport
    c/o Charles Koch Arena Athletic Department
    1845 Fairmount Street
    Wichita, KS 67260

To purchase Shocker gear:

To make a donation to Shocker Sports:
    Donations to the Wichita State University Foundation support athletics, faculty and students across the university. Plan your giving today.

To really do nothing:
    Renew/request my season tickets be reserved today
    28.57%
    Send a letter of thanks to a coach and/or student athletic
    28.57%
    Purchase some athletic gear directly from WSU
    38.10%
    Make a donation to Shocker sports
    19.05%
    I can bitch and moan on Shockernet
    57.14%

Stay 6ft away from all athletes.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Stay 6ft away from all athletes.
      Bingo!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Let HCGM know if you are related to or know of a 6’9” pg with mad handles who can shoot 50% from 3.

Comment

I imagine ticket sales and SASO contributions will drop dramatically, at least initially. Can you really advise someone to move forward as normal when their income and job status is uncertain? And that applies to virtually everyone.

Comment

Where is the option for none of the above and wait and see how things play out ... in about 15 different fronts.

Comment

I would think one way we could all agree to support WSU would be to practice social distancing from all KU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                I would think one way we could all agree to support WSU would be to practice social distancing from all KU fans.
                Good one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  Been doing that one for years.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

I’m supporting the program by not freaking out and saying dumb **** on Twitter especially not to Taylor Eldridge or any of the official WSU accounts. Seriously, I’ve seen some of our so called “fan accounts” do this and it’s embarrassing.

I’m taking a wait and see how it all plays out approach. As of now I’m optimistic because I don’t think Gregg Marshall is an idiot or has lost his ability to coach or evaluate talent. I think he wants to win more than any of us and he has actual skin in the game.

I think, like most if not all successful people, he is constantly evaluating his own approach and making tweaks when necessary. This year is no different.

Comment

I will ALWAYS support WSU Shockers. I have done so while living in Chile, living in Nevada and now living in Arizona.
                      Can't buy tickets because cam't come to the games often.

But I support Marshall, and I am confident he will sign enough kids to form a team next year.
                      Could be like 2 years ago, tough early going, but better in the long run.

Again I point to Evan Wessel against KU. Probably the least talented person on the floor. But Self said he was the best player on the floor.
                      Determination, grit, humility, etc.

We need some 2 stars, 3 stars and 4 stars.

WSU, over the past decade, has beaten KU, Gonzaga, Indiana, Ohio State, and many other Power 5 schools with his cast of "2 star" players.

Every team, even Kentucky, has some 2 star and 3 star players. Not everybody on Kentucky is a 5 star. And the lower ranking guys stay for 4 years and
                      are the "glue guys" like Wessel and Cotton.

We will be fine, maybe trying year next year, but after that, fine again IF Marshall goes back to a blended team.

Houston and Cincinnati do not have many 5 star players, Memphis had 5 of them and how did their season go?

My only concern right now is it looks to me that the players orchestrated this slow dribble of defections, and the pundits are saying there is still one to go.
                      With as tight as Mo, DD and Stephenson were, I am worried that the last one to go could be DD.

Well, if it is, move on and good luck buddy, Marshall will build a new team just like his old teams.

I think Shocker1976 is full of cr*p.

The last thing we need to do is get rid of Marshall.

He has brought us to the peak of the college basketball industry, and will get us there again.
                      Without him, we would still be in the MVC sh**hole.

Be patient. If we were as crappy as we were during the Cohen and other coaches 20 year period after Gene Smithson, nobody
                      'would even be paying attention to WSU and none of us would be on this board.

Use a little perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                          I will ALWAYS support WSU Shockers. I have done so while living in Chile, living in Nevada and now living in Arizona.

But I support Marshall, and I am confident he will sign enough kids to form a team next year.

Again I point to Evan Wessel against KU. Probably the least talented person on the floor. But Self said he was the best player on the floor.

WSU, over the past decade, has beaten KU, Gonzaga, Indiana, Ohio State, and many other Power 5 schools with his cast of "2 star" players.

Every team, even Kentucky, has some 2 star and 3 star players. Not everybody on Kentucky is a 5 star. And the lower ranking guys stay for 4 years and

We will be fine, maybe trying year next year, but after that, fine again IF Marshall goes back to a blended team.

Houston and Cincinnati do not have many 5 star players, Memphis had 5 of them and how did their season go?

My only concern right now is it looks to me that the players orchestrated this slow dribble of defections, and the pundits are saying there is still one to go.
                          With as tight as Mo, DD and Stephenson were, I am worried that the last one to go could be DD.

Well, if it is, move on and good luck buddy, Marshall will build a new team just like his old teams.

He has brought us to the peak of the college basketball industry, and will get us there again.

Be patient. If we were as crappy as we were during the Cohen and other coaches 20 year period after Gene Smithson, nobody

Comment

I'm checking, wasn't Coach Waterman Dennis or Burton's high school coach? Excellent post D. Rahm!

Comment

Originally posted by David Rahm View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X