Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can YOU do to show your support of Wichita State Athletics right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell you what, the three (and probably four) year drought of conference championships will make it that much sweeter when we finally cut down the nets for the first time in the American! I hope Dexter and Tyson are the first two guys up the ladder and that they invite Big Midt back.

Comment

We were debating whether we would renew before the China virus and before the mass exodus of players. Still debating.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        I imagine ticket sales and SASO contributions will drop dramatically, at least initially. Can you really advise someone to move forward as normal when their income and job status is uncertain? And that applies to virtually everyone.
        For the first time in about 15 years the promotions department better get their creative minds together to start selling tickets.

I'm a 15 year season ticket holder who has lived in Colorado the past 5 years. It's finally time to let my pair of season tickets go. There's no longer a reliable secondary market where you can break even. This past season I lost half my money on a pair of season tickets.

Comment

OTOH, if this hangs on 6 months...……….

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            We were debating whether we would renew before the China virus and before the mass exodus of players. Still debating.
            I’d hate for any long time fan to give up their tickets, especially if they sat through the 90s. But you don’t seem very happy with anything, why not just save yourself the trouble and watch (or don’t watch) from home? Bonus is you can send the message of your dissatisfaction that way.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’d hate for any long time fan to give up their tickets, especially if they sat through the 90s. But you don’t seem very happy with anything, why not just save yourself the trouble and watch (or don’t watch) from home? Bonus is you can send the message of your dissatisfaction that way.
              I agree... everyone can speak with their pocketbooks. I'm 100% sure I will renew my basketball tickets (provided there's a season) and will also purchase baseball tickets at the appropriate time. I feel worse for the baseball team; what a kick in the nuts.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think we first bought season tickets in 01. Before that, just went a few times a year. How bout yourself?

Comment

I think we first bought season tickets in 01. Before that, just went a few times a year. How bout yourself?
                  First year was 12-13 (pretty lucky for us) under the recent graduate program. Before that I went to every game on student tickets from ‘06-’12 (graduated in ‘09 but still had friends in school).

My parents never had tickets growing up but their friends did and we went to a lot of games with them in the 90s and early 2ks and sat in their seats because we sucked and their kids didn’t want to go.

Comment

First year was 12-13 (pretty lucky for us) under the recent graduate program. Before that I went to every game on student tickets from ‘06-’12 (graduated in ‘09 but still had friends in school).

My parents never had tickets growing up but their friends did and we went to a lot of games with them in the 90s and early 2ks and sat in their seats because we sucked and their kids didn’t want to go.
                    it's an hour over and we are old, dunno

Comment

it's an hour over and we are old, dunno
                      That’s rough, retired at least? Better if you don’t have to go to work the next day.

Wouldn't blame you for dropping given the drive and uncertain future. Still got plenty of time to consider. I bet you’d miss it.

Comment

Don’t blame you if you dont renew but either way, be positive. It helps one live longer.

Comment

I've had season tickets for many decades and suffered through the 90's. I listened to KFDI radio almost daily and *Ol' Mike (Oatman Drive, WSU Campus) would always say, "folks, keep your records and tapes, cause country music is going to rise again." I had a similar motto during that era (some of my friends thought I was a little crazy). "Keep your Shocker tickets boys and girls, cause Shocker basketball is going to rise again." Once it did rise, I 'vowed' to keep them until I died. I can't imagine not having Shocker basketball tickets... it's been an important part of my life.

*"Ol tee-legged, Tow-legged, Bee-legged, Bow-legged, Curely-headed, Pee-wiliker Mike" - RIP
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That’s rough, retired at least? Better if you don’t have to go to work the next day.

Wouldn't blame you for dropping given the drive and uncertain future. Still got plenty of time to consider. I bet you’d miss it.
                            No,it's not rough. It's just harder to do than it used to be. I'm semi-retired and my own boss, so that makes it easier, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Don’t blame you if you dont renew but either way, be positive. It helps one live longer.
                              I've kinda got used to being crabby. And if you don't like it you can get off my lawn!

Comment

Got tickets in 1978. Since 2000, its twos hours each way. I've missed some games due to weather and several for travel around Christmas. I'm renewing
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X