Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Great news! Asbjorn Midtgaard is back!

Yeah, i would have notified the writer, but i could not find his email address.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Early Hoops Preview: Wichita State Shockers - 247 Sports

By JOE YEAGER
      posted:06/16/20, 10:00pm cst

https://247sports.com/college/texas-...son-148214953/

"Wichita State Shockers

2020 Record: 23-8 (11-7)
      Head Coach: Gregg Marshall, 522-202
      Home Venue: Charles Koch Arena, 10,500

Key Losses: Jaime Echenique (11 PPG, 7 RPG), Jamarius Burton (10 PPG, 4 RPG, 3.4 APG, 38% 3PT), Grant Sherfield (8 PPG, 3 RPG, 2.9 APG), Erik Stevenson (11 PPG, 5 RPG, 1.5 SPG)

Essential Stat Rankings: Assist/Turnover Ratio, No. 92 ; Field Goal Percentage, No. 319 ; Field Goal Percentage Defense, No. 15 ; Rebound Margin, No. 45 ; Scoring Defense, No. 33 ; Three-Point Field Goal Defense, No. 41 ; Turnover Margin, No. 74

Projected Starters: Alterique Gilbert, PG, 6-foot ; Tyson Etienne, CG, 6-foot-1 ; Dexter Dennis, CG, 6-foot-5 ; Trey Wade, SF, 6-foot-6 ; Asbjorn Midtgaard, C, 7-foot

Sixth Man: Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, PF, 6-foot-9

Top Newcomer: Clarence Jackson, SF, 6-foot-6

Backcourt: Gregg Marshall loses starting point guard Jamarius Burton, who transferred to Texas Tech, but replaces him with Connecticut grad transfer Alterique Gilbert. They are very different players, but Gilbert should be a more than adequate substitute. He’s an extremely quick street ball type who keeps the orange on a string. One-on-one, Gilbert is tough to keep out of the paint, but he’s also got the ability to shake perimeter defense to free up his solid jumper. His game resembles that of Oklahoma State’s one-and-done Jawun Evans Two other veteran guards will make sure that Wichita State’s backcourt is a good one. Tyson Etienne hit 38 percent of his trifectas last season, while 6-foot-5 Dexter Dennis played the second most minutes per game of anybody on last year’s team, trailing only Burton. All of these guards keep their man in front of them and contest threes.

Frontcourt: Trey Wade, a former junior college transfer, could really burst onto the scene in his junior season for Wichita State. He’s very explosive and athletic, has a terrific midrange game hallmarked by hook shots and step-back jumpers, is a decent deep shooter and a solid rebounder. The beef and the pork up front will come from seven-foot Dane Asbjorn Midtgaard and chunky Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler. They didn’t play huge minutes last season, but will see their court time increase this year.

Prospects for the Season: No program was hit harder by transfer mania than Wichita State, which lost three prime players in Burton, Grant Sherfield and Erik Stevenson, in addition to a few others who would be in the rotation during the upcoming season. The addition of Gilbert will soften the blow, but there’s still work to do. Wichita State was a hideous shooting team last season and will hope that junior college transfer Clarence Jackson helps out in that regard. One way or the other, though, Gregg Marshall will figure it all out and the Shockers will be tough in February and March."
      Midtgaard???
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Yeah, I would guess nearly 90-95% of these types of reports are missing something. And I'm not saying the "same guy-same guy", but usually, the same guys are the ones who look to Coach Gregg Marshall as being the first candidate in that new job opening. People who know and follow religiously, TRUST the system. There is value and potential in HCGM's program that can't be measured sometimes. I mean, I don't know of anyone that just flat out wants to win more than that guy. If he can surround himself with Assistants and players who share the same beliefs and values of hard work, then the sky is the limit.

Comment

Fantastic, I missed him. Shocker favorite, you know.

Comment

We also are getting another year of Junior Trey Wade!!!. Also he apparently added a hook shot to his resume ... which is a shot I don't think I've ever seen him take before.

Comment

Working...
            X