• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I'm betting on a name change.
    to Larry Jordan?

Comment

• Saved 15% by switching to Geico?
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

to Larry Jordan?
        Out of curiosity, I looked him up.

He was doing these things while only 5'8". Clearly, Michael having similar athletic genes while being 9 inches taller didn't hurt him.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

to Larry Jordan?
          Maybe Dennis Dexter?

Comment

• Dex is going to announce that after causing much consternation among shocker fans, he isn’t pinning his shorts next year.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Dex is going to announce that after causing much consternation among shocker fans, he isn’t pinning his shorts next year.
              With all this extra time off, maybe he was able to lobby for the athletic dept to get his shorts professionally hemmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

With all this extra time off, maybe he was able to lobby for the athletic dept to get his shorts professionally hemmed.
                Would that be an NCAA violation though?

Comment

• Dex is back btw.

Comment

• But will BB as we know it be back ?

Comment

• I don't think there's any doubt basketball will be diminished at best and probably cancelled all together, but I'm a pessimist.

FWIW I've also seen a couple walk ons, TE and AG.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I don't think there's any doubt basketball will be diminished at best and probably cancelled all together, but I'm a pessimist.
                        On this we can agree
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I don't think there's any doubt basketball will be diminished at best and probably cancelled all together, but I'm a pessimist.

FWIW I've also seen a couple walk ons, TE and AG.
                          I'm hopeful that worst case scenario is a season without fans. Which would suck for a multitude of reasons but would at least would still have a season.

I'm really struggling with why basketball season can't be had "in a bubble" this year. There is no reason the vast majority of classes can't be set up to be remote. The streaming capabilities are there. The players would have to submit to being ok with being in a bubble and what that means, but I'd venture if their choices were that or no basketball, most if not all would agree to it for a season. Heck, the players might actually get better schooling by being able to attend remotely rather than the way they have it currently where they miss a large chunk of in person classes for road trips and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm hopeful that worst case scenario is a season without fans. Which would suck for a multitude of reasons but would at least would still have a season.

I'm really struggling with why basketball season can't be had "in a bubble" this year. There is no reason the vast majority of classes can't be set up to be remote. The streaming capabilities are there. The players would have to submit to being ok with being in a bubble and what that means, but I'd venture if their choices were that or no basketball, most if not all would agree to it for a season. Heck, the players might actually get better schooling by being able to attend remotely rather than the way they have it currently where they miss a large chunk of in person classes for road trips and such.
                            It's a good idea -- but "the vast majority of classes" still breaks the bubble. As long as there are in-person classes on their schedules you can't really have a bubble.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

It's a good idea -- but "the vast majority of classes" still breaks the bubble. As long as there are in-person classes on their schedules you can't really have a bubble.
                              I guess that's my point. Maybe vast majority of classes is the wrong word. No reason really that ALL of them couldn't be if needed. You have classes with labs, but those could be coordinated in the bubble or those requirements removed for all students for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm hopeful that worst case scenario is a season without fans.
                                I fear that is the best case case scenario

Comment

Working...
                                X