Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Jeff ******* has tweeted every player that has transferred out but has yet to post a single tweet of everybody that is coming in for WSU.

Douchebag to the millionth power.
    Memphis honk and total douche.

Comment

• Man, you can certainly sense a pattern in the guys we are getting in. All of them look like slashers who can cut to the basket.

Now we need a 4 or a 5 who can stretch the floor to open up the pant for these new guys. Maybe we already have one?
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
        Man, you can certainly sense a pattern in the guys we are getting in. All of them look like slashers who can cut to the basket.

Now we need a 4 or a 5 who can stretch the floor to open up the pant for these new guys. Maybe we already have one?
        Maybe. I was looking over the JucoRecruiting.com Top 100 list.

The guy who caught my attention was Deandre Pinckney a 6-8 forward from Broward College who is #15 on the Top 100 list.

I don't know if I can believe his sophomore year stats are not. It shows he played in 17 games and average 16.8 ppg and 8.0 rebounds a game while shooting 68.4% (106-155) from the field including 14-29 (48.3%) from three plus 72.3% (60-83) from the free throw line. What is unbelievable is he supposedly did this in 9.3 mpg. Is that even possible? I guess this might be a case of if it sounds to good to be true than it probably isn't true. Plus why would he only be playing 9.3 mpg?

I think I'll leave the talent scouting to the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          1. I admit to still being down as a result of the good players we lost
          2. Other than AG none of these new guys seem to be drawing attention from top 50 or even
          top 100 programs
          3. None are rated very high from scouting services
          4. Hoping JM and Bilau pan out and I think they will.
          5. After our top 5-6 players I see chaos
          6. Need a center who can play with his back to the basket, rebound and defend
          7. Wish I could be more positive but overall I see a pretty big step back from what we had weeks ago
          God no. Not a back to the basket center.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Memphis honk and total douche.
            The term "douchehonk" rolls off the tongue quite nicely. Could be the new nickname in place of "Jayhawks". Well done on word invention.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              Wheres 1976 today?
              Thanks for asking; we are preparing to drive to our mountain cabin . Hope to leave on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post

Rotating the tires on his home.
                Sorry, I thought you knew I did not buy the Winnebago RV; instead we purchased a cabin in the mountains of Virginia. No tires to rotate but I do have a lot of work to do as Big Reed Island Creek flooded twice this winter. So a lot of flotsam to remove and at least two large trees to cut down due to erosion. Looking forward to evading the heat and humidity of South Carolina for the cool summer months in the mountains.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Picking through a dumpster, trying to find his dignity.
                  No I am looking for the big the Shockers need ; I have little confidence IPC can carry the load in the AAC this coming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The guy who caught my attention was Deandre Pinckney a 6-8 forward from Broward College who is #15 on the Top 100 list.

I don't know if I can believe his sophomore year stats are not. It shows he played in 17 games and average 16.8 ppg and 8.0 rebounds a game while shooting 68.4% (106-155) from the field including 14-29 (48.3%) from three plus 72.3% (60-83) from the free throw line. What is unbelievable is he supposedly did this in 9.3 mpg. Is that even possible? I guess this might be a case of if it sounds to good to be true than it probably isn't true. Plus why would he only be playing 9.3 mpg?

JUCO MPG are not reliable stats. The other stats probably are. Likely he started 17 games and they took his total MPG and divided by 17.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

No I am looking for the big the Shockers need ; I have little confidence IPC can carry the load in the AAC this coming season.
                      No comment on the recruits we added this weekend? No surprise that after a great couple days of recruiting you find something to ***** about.

Pathetic

Comment

• Remember Jaime didn’t even start for his JUCO and was not even on a radar. He was discovered by our coaching staff.

Comment

• Good attitude

Craig Porter - "Coach Marshall is just like my junior-college coach: he’s on you hard, but he just wants the best out of you and at the end of the day, he’s going to make you a better player and a better person. I needed someone like that in my life.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I'll agree with that. I think someone mentioned in this thread or another thread that we might have to go without a center and play a point guard, two wings, and two forward. Or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I was actually thinking of Bilau, but more is always better.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Interesting interview with Taylor Eldridge this morning. He says the coaching staff is very high on the new recruits so far and they feel like the potential is there to be as good or better next year, especially if they can land a couple more of the guys they want. Of course the coaches are going to be positive but Taylor agreed with the assessment. It’s pretty much in line with what I see as possible but as always....we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X