Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the link - let's hope they don't delay the vote to June

"The working group concept would change waiver criteria to allow approvals for first-time four-year transfers in all sports to compete immediately if they:
    • Receive a transfer release from their previous school.
    • Leave their previous school academically eligible.
    • Maintain their academic progress at the new school.
    • Leave under no disciplinary suspension.
    The waiver criteria are the same as the legislated exception already allowed for student-athletes who compete in any sport other than baseball, basketball, football or men’s ice hockey."

Comment

• Fantasy Island time...maybe the NCAA grants this years senior class an extra year, and a certain someone decides he wants one more year, and...oh nevermind, that would be Fantasy Island.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        Fantasy Island time...maybe the NCAA grants this years senior class an extra year, and a certain someone decides he wants one more year, and...oh nevermind, that would be Fantasy Island.
        Z-Ech, Z-Plane-Z-Ech-ZPlane. Oops, maybe that was Love Boat?. :) We could sure use JE one more Season!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Not surprised. Everything else has been postponed, cancelled or delayed. Does kind of leave the sit-out transfers in limbo to some extent. Perhaps you focus on grad transfers,juco transfers and income freshmen for now unless there is potential sit out transfer that is just too good to pass on one way or the other.

Comment

• As I have always said in 3G we trust.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              Fantasy Island time...maybe the NCAA grants this years senior class an extra year, and a certain someone decides he wants one more year, and...oh nevermind, that would be Fantasy Island.
              They are supposed to vote on that in April

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                There is one other luxury that I overlooked. The Shockers have two "four year" senior walk-ons. Brycen Bush & Jacob Herrs at the one and two respectively. As seniors they might be able to give the team depth that you wouldn't ordinarily expect from walk-ons at positions that we are currently thin in numbers.
                Depth in practice, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They are supposed to vote on that in April
                  I bet they postpone that vote till June also

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I bet they postpone that vote till June also
                    I actually believe they stated they postponed the transfer rule vote to June so they could vote on giving seniors from this year an extra year. Makes sense as this is more urgent

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like both of those kids but if either of those are playing minutes outside of the blow it's outs... We have problems. We were able to do that with JR Simon but I'm off the opinion he was scholarship level player that was walking on
                      Not sure! John Robert Simon was pretty good his senior year. If either of these two young men are pressed in to service we might be surprised at their abilities and contribution. Coal under pressure produces diamonds. I'm not saying that we are counting on either of these two young men who have contributed 4 years with our Shockers, but they could be a valuable piece of our depth! They understand the offense and the defense and the effort expected, they have seen close hand most of the AAC competitors and they might just surprise us.

While you may be right Stickboy46 that we have problems, you should not completely discount their potential contribution!

Comment

• I really think JR was a special exception in that he was capable of contributing and holding his own when Coach called on him, and I think that largely was when Fred was injured the beginning of his SR year. I felt fairly confident in JR to bring the ball up and initiate the offense in those scenarios. I would not feel confident in Brycen Bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                          I really think JR was a special exception in that he was capable of contributing and holding his own when Coach called on him, and I think that largely was when Fred was injured the beginning of his SR year. I felt fairly confident in JR to bring the ball up and initiate the offense in those scenarios. I would not feel confident in Brycen Bush.
                          This is what I was trying to say. I really think Simon could have been a scholarship starter at a mid major program. The two in question here are great teammates but far from that level

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• I saw earlier in this thread where the offensive rating of JB was compared to Gilbert. I hated to see JB go, but when you take a closer look JB inflated his numbers against the poor teams we played. His rating was much lower against good teams. In contrast Gilbert actually had better ratings against better opponents.

IMO if he stays healthy, I say again, he will be better than anything that left.

Comment

Working...
                              X