• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Gregg told Alterique he was leaving and Richey was taking his place
    The Assman

Comment

• https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wsF-O/pubhtml#

So looking at Taylor Eldridge's recruiting grid and his roster grid who heads up our wish list now that AG has committed?

If you buy Taylor's classification of players we have

1 Point Guard - Sr. Alterique Gilbert 6-0

1 Shooting Guard - So. Tyson Etienne 6-1

2 Small Forwards - Jr. Dexter Dennis 6-5, Fr. Jadun Michael 6-5

2 Power Forwards - Sr. Trey Wade 6-6, RFr. Josephat Bilau 6-10

1 Center - Jr. Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler 6-9

Now its possible that 3G is looking at this somewhat differently. But for now I'll go with Taylor's breakdown although these traditional breakdowns may not be quite as clear cut as they used to be.

If 3G truly does want to balance his classes it would by nice for the NCAA to paint or get of the ladder regarding their new transfer rules so we now what situation some of the non-grad transfers will be in terms of eligibility. I would guess that could influence the decisions of some of the transfers as well in terms of where they fit in best.

Also will 3G, in fact, not use all 13 scholarships as he said he was considering. And what does the mean use 11, use 12? Might depend if has any players who want to redshirt or transfers who have to sit out.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wsF-O/pubhtml#

So looking at Taylor Eldridge's recruiting grid and his roster grid who heads up our wish list now that AG has committed?

If you buy Taylor's classification of players we have

1 Point Guard - Sr. Alterique Gilbert 6-0

1 Shooting Guard - So. Tyson Etienne 6-1

2 Small Forwards - Jr. Dexter Dennis 6-5, Fr. Jadun Michael 6-5

2 Power Forwards - Sr. Trey Wade 6-6, RFr. Josephat Bilau 6-10

1 Center - So. Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler 6-9

Now its possible that 3G is looking at this somewhat differently. But for now I'll go with Taylor's breakdown although these traditional breakdowns may not be quite as clear cut as they used to be.

If 3G truly does want to balance his classes it would by nice for the NCAA to paint or get of the ladder regarding their new transfer rules so we now what situation some of the non-grad transfers will be in terms of eligibility. I would guess that could influence the decisions of some of the transfers as well in terms of where they fit in best.

Also will 3G, in fact, not use all 13 scholarships as he said he was considering. And what does the mean use 11, use 12? Might depend if has any players who want to redshirt or transfers who have to sit out.
        This is a good point. One correction, though: IPBC will be a junior.

From a pure class standpoint, we are looking at:

2 freshmen
        1 sophomore
        2 juniors
        2 seniors

If we could get 2 each of freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, or maybe one or two more grad transfers, that would be pretty nice and balanced.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• There is one other luxury that I overlooked. The Shockers have two "four year" senior walk-ons. Brycen Bush & Jacob Herrs at the one and two respectively. As seniors they might be able to give the team depth that you wouldn't ordinarily expect from walk-ons at positions that we are currently thin in numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
            There is one other luxury that I overlooked. The Shockers have two "four year" senior walk-ons. Brycen Bush & Jacob Herrs at the one and two respectively. As seniors they might be able to give the team depth that you wouldn't ordinarily expect from walk-ons at positions that we are currently thin in numbers.
            lol

Comment

There is one other luxury that I overlooked. The Shockers have two "four year" senior walk-ons. Brycen Bush & Jacob Herrs at the one and two respectively. As seniors they might be able to give the team depth that you wouldn't ordinarily expect from walk-ons at positions that we are currently thin in numbers.
              What does this say about Coach Marshall? Brycen, in particular, came to the program after his brother devoted five (?) years and is sticking it out. If the coaches were the problem, would this happen?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• My guess is that some "hero ball" players caught extra heat from the coaching staff after a "hero ball" play fell flat.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Gilbert 1 copy.jpg
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This is a good point. One correction, though: IPBC will be a junior.

From a pure class standpoint, we are looking at:

2 freshmen
                    1 sophomore
                    2 juniors
                    2 seniors

If we could get 2 each of freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, or maybe one or two more grad transfers, that would be pretty nice and balanced.
                    Correction made.

We aren't going to bring another grad transfer in at the point guard obviously and probably not at the small forward.. Perhaps a grad transfer might work at shooting guard and at the center position.

There are a couple of grad transfer shooting guards on Taylor's recruiting grid. If you want a catch and shoot guard 6-5 Jonah Antonio might be your guy but not sure you are going to get much rebounding defense and playmaking out of him. Perhaps an Austin Reaves with less playmaking ability. The other guy, 6-2 Darius Perry from Louisville might be more of a combo guard and a guy who could and would be willing to fill in wherever needed. Perry has never posted flashy numbers (5.4 points, 1.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists are his career season-average highs), but Perry is a solid defender and a career 36.4% three-point shooter. If he is willing to be our swiss army knife at the guard position he could be a nice fit.

A grad transfer at the center position would be nice but the only one listed on Taylor's grid is 6-9 Chevez Goodwin from Wofford. A career 46% free throw shooter who shot 51% from the line last year. A smaller (225 lb) version of Mo Udeze (240lbs) maybe. In fact, I can't say I see much in the way of good options among the bigs listed . I think I would rather go with Josephat Bilau at the 5 over any of the guys listed as centers on Taylor's recruiting grid.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Correction made.

We aren't going to bring another grad transfer in at the point guard obviously and probably not at the small forward.. Perhaps a grad transfer might work at shooting guard and at the center position.

There are a couple of grad transfer shooting guards on Taylor's recruiting grid. If you want a catch and shoot guard 6-5 Jonah Antonio might be your guy but not sure you are going to get much rebounding defense and playmaking out of him. Perhaps an Austin Reaves with less playmaking ability. The other guy, 6-2 Darius Perry from Louisville might be more of a combo guard and a guy who could and would be willing to fill in wherever needed. Perry has never posted flashy numbers (5.4 points, 1.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists are his career season-average highs), but Perry is a solid defender and a career 36.4% three-point shooter. If he is willing to be our swiss army knife at the guard position he could be a nice fit.

A grad transfer at the center position would be nice but the only one listed on Taylor's grid is 6-9 Chevez Goodwin from Wofford. A career 46% free throw shooter who shot 51% from the line last year. A smaller (225 lb) version of Mo Udeze (240lbs) maybe. In fact, I can't say I see much in the way of good options among the bigs listed . I think I would rather go with Josephat Bilau at the 5 over any of the guys listed as centers on Taylor's recruiting grid.
                      Pessimistic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This really is the best possible pickup... A 1 year pickup of not only an experienced point guard... Not only an experienced former McDonald's all American point guard... But a experienced former McDonald's all American point guard who has multiple years scouting and playing against the entire conference. Now get a really good younger point guard in that's willing to learn from him for a year and we good to go
                        Agree with you - I was not confident Marshall could get Gilbert. This solves not only the PG position but improves Shocker chances of capturing commitments from other needed roster players.

Light at the end of the tunnel no longer looks to be an on-rushing train.

Comment

I like both of those kids but if either of those are playing minutes outside of the blow it's outs... We have problems. We were able to do that with JR Simon but I'm off the opinion he was scholarship level player that was walking on

Comment

• Don't want to get ahead of myself but I hope AG's contributions on the court (especially improving the production of his teammates) resembles or is close to those FVV gave the Shockers his Senior Year.

Comment

• Just like the Stock Market, now is the time to buy stock in the Shockers. The rest of you doom and gloom people please quarantine yourself until next November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Agree with you - I was not confident Marshall could get Gilbert. This solves not only the PG position but improves Shocker chances of capturing commitments from other needed roster players.

Light at the end of the tunnel no longer looks to be an on-rushing train.
                                Yep, it will be interesting to see how much if any Taylor Eldridge's recruiting grid might expand now that Gilbert has committed. I wonder is some of these non-grad transfers are kind of biding their time on the new first time transfer rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X