Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

And/or take longer since everything is happening remotely.
    Agreed on both accounts. I would say that is probably true for both sides. Kids are transferring out of programs that didn’t offer them playing time, didn’t fit, didn’t like the coach, coach didn’t like them, or a combination of factors. Have to think many of them are taking the JB approach. Some of them because they can. Others are committing while the proverbial iron is hot. I’m not convinced that Gonzaga, SDSU or Oregon were seriously ready to pull the trigger on a former Shocker.

I could be wrong.

Comment

• I am not sure whether this Tweet from Taylor Eldridge has been posted here or elsewhere so if it has my apologies. Hard to keep up on everything.

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...38267711471618

Here is Taylor's recruiting tracking spreadsheet that automatically refreshes everytime he makes a change.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wsF-O/pubhtml#

I assume some of the sit out transfers might be immediately eligible assuming the NCAA passes the new 1st Time Transfer rules that have been proposed although I do not know when, if those rules are passed, they will become effective.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• We got one!

Comment

• Comment

• UConn grad transfer Alterique Gilbert has committed to Wichita State, per his Twitter page.

Immediately eligible.

Comment

• WOOHOO! This should make some on here a bit less suicidal.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                WOOHOO! This should make some on here a bit less suicidal.
                Indeed. That would appear to be a really good start and a very key addition. MIght argue that we have already upgraded the PG position.

Comment

• For a team that desperately needed some good news, Wichita State found some on Saturday.

Alterique Gilbert will be the first former McDonald's All-American to play at WSU under Gregg Marshall.

Comment

• Very nice. Definitely an upgrade at PG for short term.

If we can bring in a good JUCO or Freshman PG to learn under AG for 1 year it would be huge.

Long ways to go, but this is a big get.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Frickin AWESOME!

Comment

• Now we will start to see a lot more commits soon.

Comment

• I am glad he is coming. But let's not act like he will be a massive upgrade. The stats are not great.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I'm confused....

Wasn't it less than a day ago, Marshall was an a**hole no one wanted to play for and who WSU should start thinking about moving on from?!??
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              I am glad he is coming. But let's not act like he will be a massive upgrade. The stats are not great.

Apparently, context isn't your strong suit
                              The Assman

Comment

• Dex, TY, Trey, Alterique, Jadun, Pooh, Joseph...

Comment

Working...
                                X