No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM's transfer is kind of like the icing on the cake for me...a few days ago people here were thinking that AM might be much more effective if we played more zone. I felt that he could be more effective if he got more minutes. Now everybody rationalizing that he was nothing more than a project. Hope the kid has a big senior year at his next destination. People also rationalizing that big player turnover has always been a part of Marshall's coaching style to keep his teams young...seriously? I realize that people here are trying to maintain some positivity regarding Marshall and the program so power to you all, but I am more disheartened by AM's transfer than any of the others.

Comment

• The AAC changed Gregg... Maybe for the worse...higher expectations?? Want to show everyone he can bring it in new conference... MVC britches comment? I think Gregg needs to go back to what got him where he got in life... Too much change can be a bad thing. Let's hope he figures it out.

Comment

• Good company, good job. Boss calls you in his office and rips you a new one. Happens several times but you deal with it and keep working.
        Same scenario except the boss rips you a new one in front of God and eveyrbody. You're embarrassed but strive to do better. However, it keeps happening and happening and happening. How long till you find a new job.
        My suggestion to HCGM who, by the way, I don't believe should be dismissed. Don't do your ranting 20 ft out on the floor. Take to the huddle. Better yet, take it to the locker room or, even better, the practice gym the next day.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WSU’s most talented and skilled player is bought in.

WSU’s best athlete is bought in.

WSU's glue guy is bought in.

WSU’s hidden gem is bought in.

WSU’s recruit is bought in.

The present and future is not all doom and gloom.
          The Assman

Comment

• It's old news, but GGG looked really bad after he scolded Mitt for basically, nothing...

Maybe what changed GGG is $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              WSU’s most talented and skilled player is bought in.

So where does Poor Bear fit in this equation?

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                AM's transfer is kind of like the icing on the cake for me...a few days ago people here were thinking that AM might be much more effective if we played more zone. I felt that he could be more effective if he got more minutes. Now everybody rationalizing that he was nothing more than a project. Hope the kid has a big senior year at his next destination. People also rationalizing that big player turnover has always been a part of Marshall's coaching style to keep his teams young...seriously? I realize that people here are trying to maintain some positivity regarding Marshall and the program so power to you all, but I am more disheartened by AM's transfer than any of the others.
                I remember him helping us win games in the 2nd half of the NIT season. Look what Gregg was saying only 10 months ago:

Here’s the WSU basketball player who impressed Gregg Marshall the most this spring

"'In the final 22 games, Midtgaard averaged 5.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 15.1 minutes and made 64.1% of his field goals. Marshall thought Midtgaard, a 7-foot, 268-pound center, looked even better during an individual work-out he watched this spring.

"'He took another step, I don’t know for what reason,” Marshall said. “But I noticed a different pep in his step if you will. He was a little more athletic, a little quicker, a little more explosive. It’s amazing if that is a mental thing and he flipped the switch.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...230359019.html

""The reduced role for Midtgaard was a slight surprise after the 7-footer had gone from the end of the bench his freshman season to winning the team’s Most Improved Player award in the 2018-19 season."

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 28, 2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  1) Disaster plain and simple.

2) Mitt had to feel screwed over. He had good performances in first halves, but usually rode the pine in the second half.

3) the gymnastics fans do on this site to blame everyone except the root problem are impressive. HCGM has done wonders at WSU, but he drove the team to a dark place in year 1 of the AMERICAN. Those guys couldn’t wait to get out... Last year he lowered his expectations down the stretch and he seemed to find the balance. This year was an obvious cluster bumble. Here’s to hoping he can learn...

4) go get a bunch of juco guys and look to the future recruiting classes.
                  5) Let's go back to the Valley.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by W51shocker View Post
                    Hello Shocker fans!!!! I feel like I need to chime in on all these transfers from The Wichita State University! I don't post much but follow this sight with much joy! I attended my first Shocker basketall game at the age of 5 in 1964, and fell in love at that point. I attened regularly for the next 35 years. I have not lived in DoDah for the last 21 years but still watch as much as I can online, on TV and in person. My oldest daughter was the recipient of a full athletic scholorship at a Div. 1 university ( saved me alot of money!!!). The coach that recruited her was a true Class 1 human being. However that coach left after her Freshman year. My daughter was even selected to be on the search committee for the new head coach, and they hired the person who was her first choice. Once the new coach came with a whole different coaching style, including how they interacted with the players, it became very difficult for my daughter. She felt the new coach only beat her down and never gave her a fair shake, showed favoritism to other players, etc...(does any of this sound familiar?). It got to the point that my daughter was seriously considering transferring to even higher level programs that had shown interest in her, and she could have easily transferred. After much anguish and discussion, my daughter decided to remain at that school. She and this new coach never saw eye to eye, but in the end this coach even asked my daughter to attend their wedding a few years after she graduated. I feel that alot of these young athletes need to learn
                    that the grass is not always greener on the other side. They need to learn how to make the most out of their current situation, and most importantly, how to grow personally from there current situation. I feel Coach Marshall needs to look at his current interaction style with the players and adjust somewhat, but most of this lies with the players and there support system. A future boss will so favorites and treat you harshly at times, you must learn how to respond other than just leaving. I am, as always, excited for my Shockers future, no matter who the coach or players. The Wichita State University helped me achieve more than I ever could have dreamed, and it will help these young athletes, if they will accept the help.
                    Great post! Please post more often!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      WSU’s most talented and skilled player is bought in.

You 100% sure about all these, Clark?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

How about Roy this year. You suppose he’s overpaid too? They weren’t even going to make CBI before it got cancelled.
                        He is over payed if there fans are saying "NIT is good season".

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Good company, good job. Boss calls you in his office and rips you a new one. Happens several times but you deal with it and keep working.
                          Same scenario except the boss rips you a new one in front of God and eveyrbody. You're embarrassed but strive to do better. However, it keeps happening and happening and happening. How long till you find a new job.
                          My suggestion to HCGM who, by the way, I don't believe should be dismissed. Don't do your ranting 20 ft out on the floor. Take to the huddle. Better yet, take it to the locker room or, even better, the practice gym the next day.
                          How long has Marshall been here? 12 years I think. Nothing has changed since he’s been here. He chewed ass then and he chews it now. Many people didn’t care for how he twisted his wrist on the sideline to straighten out his watch then and they probably still don’t like it. Coaches in the MVC didn’t like him from Year 1. Reporters have often called him an Asshole. Some fans didn’t like him from Day 1. The only player who left several years ago who had talent was Austin and in years prior, no one who had really good talent had left prior to that. Landry left because of the NBA and most graduated. I really don’t understand why 6 scholarship players have left now, but Marshall hasn’t changed. If you thought he was an asshole then, you still do. He’s won for the past 10 years. Analyzing him will get you no where because I don’t see where he’s changed.

Comment

• In a recent university poll, 1/3 of fans supported Gregg Marshall, 1/3 of fans did not, and 1/3 were too busy watching Tiger King on Netflix to answer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                              In a recent university poll, 1/3 of fans supported Gregg Marshall, 1/3 of fans did not, and 1/3 were too busy watching Tiger King on Netflix to answer...
                              Still trying to get ‘Tiger King’ wiped from my pea brain. Yikes! Hopefully season 3 of Ozark will do it... so far it’s working.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Interesting numbers and tidbits in Taylor's new article:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241552831.html

And Erik's dad is out his morning embarrassing himself again

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 28, 2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X