• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal Commits
    @VerbalCommits
    ·
    2m
    Seton Hall and Xavier offered former Wichita State G Jamarius Burton (SO). (HT

Comment

• Wonder if it’s possible Burton realized he could get on a P5 team and jumped on the chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        Wonder if it’s possible Burton realized he could get on a P5 team and jumped on the chance?
        If that was the only reason, I would be extremely disappointed.

WSU took a chance on him. Developed him. Groomed him.

If he's only leaving to try and one-up WSU, because he thinks he is better than them now, that would seem out of character for him and very sad that this is what college basketball has come to.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If he's only leaving to try and one-up WSU, because he thinks he is better than them now, that would seem out of character for him and very sad that this is what college basketball has come to.
          Agree, pure speculation obviously because no other reasons seem to make sense.

With that being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if you start seeing kids who are considered elite at “smaller” schools transferring after they have P5 schools get in their ear. I don’t see this being quite the issue for WSU compared to let’s say a Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Agree, pure speculation obviously because no other reasons seem to make sense.

With that being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if you start seeing kids who are considered elite at “smaller” schools transferring after they have P5 schools get in their ear. I don’t see this being quite the issue for WSU compared to let’s say a Bradley.
            Isn’t that what Seth Curry (Steph’s brother) did? He played a year at Liberty and then transferred to Duke...almost as if he purposely used his freshman year as an extended tryout for a big school.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Isn’t that what Seth Curry (Steph’s brother) did? He played a year at Liberty and then transferred to Duke...almost as if he purposely used his freshman year as an extended tryout for a big school.
              I agree. However, Liberty to Duke is much different than WSU to ISU.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

“And when I played for him, we were losing,” Couisnard said laughing, referencing WSU’s 11-20 record that season. “We went through two different six-game losing streaks, so I’ve probably seen him as bad as it’s going to get.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

sort of a left handed compliment
                I hate paywalls....
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Very underwhelmed at the 2-stars I keep reading about us offering

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                    Verbal Commits has JAmarius Burton on ISU's roster
                    Is this correct, Iowa State? I was thinking JB would go with Jeff Capel at Pitt or Xavier.

Comment

I agree. However, Liberty to Duke is much different than WSU to ISU.
                      Makes a committee worthless...I consider all players on a one year commitment...I think it's bad for everyone involved... Really hard to build on from year to year... Treat as the workplace...not personal... Just business

Comment

• Coach speaks:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• ‘Learn from this and try to adapt’: WSU’s Marshall speaks after five players transfer

Marshall is not leaving but he says he will have to adapt to new reality that players are transferring way more often in the past couple years and adjust how he handles guys and recruit accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            I feel a little better. Not about next year, that is likely to be a struggle. But Marshall at least SAYS he recognizes some things he needs to do better. I, for one, will give him that chance to adapt.

Nothing you can do here but move on and hope for the best. We will see what the roster looks like by the time the season rolls around.

I am glad they get the summer trip (as long as this virus stuff is over by then).
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I feel a little better. Not about next year, that is likely to be a struggle. But Marshall at least SAYS he recognizes some things he needs to do better. I, for one, will give him that chance to adapt.

Nothing you can do here but move on and hope for the best. We will see what the roster looks like by the time the season rolls around.

I am glad they get the summer trip (as long as this virus stuff is over by then).
                              Honestly...I feel a lot better about next year. He will get a true PG that can run the team and ES and his dad are gone.

Comment

That aint it. He was the grown up. Not the hot head. If he left it was for reasons he chose not to share. But, again, it is not a case of one upmanship.

Comment

Working...
                                X