• Show
Clear All

• As much as we love Marshall... No one is perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

My wife laughed at this and said, “NO, YOURE GREAT, STRIPER!”
      Great strippers??? What???

Comment

• I am a supporter of Greg Marshall and Mike Kennedy, Do they rub me the wrong way sometimes - yes. But what has gone on in the last few days, you also see in today's youth sports. I know we won't find out everything, so I will give my 2 cents.

Eric Stevenson - is a product of his father, Again, it's whats happening in youth sports today. Don't let the child figure it out - mommy and daddy will fix it.
        Grant Sherfield - one play that told me a lot. I believe it was either in the SMU or Tulsa game ... Grant either fouled or had a turnover and he was pouting. Jamie went over to I guess console him and Grant pushed him away.
        J. Burton - this could be nothing more than him wanting to be closer to home - we don't know!
        Noah Fernandez - Coach spoke very high of him and thought he was really coming on. His injuries really put him behind. May be frustration set in - who knows
        DeAntiono Gordon - Not much playing time - as one SNer put it he didn't do enough to garner more playing time.
        Busse - all walk ons want to go where they can get playing time. You know Marshall may have something to do with him getting an offer from Metro. Isn't that where Mike's partner on away games coached at a while back.

As far a Mike Kennedy goes, I am a huge fan. He didn't have to come out and say anything. He could have kept his mouth shut - nobody would have thought anything about it.

Coach Marshall has done a fantastic job here. Could he do some reflection on himself - sure he could, but so could several on this board that are speaking poorly of these two without any knowledge or expertise in the area. If Wichita State does pretty well next year - then some are going to feel pretty foolish. GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not to be a smart ass either, but the Mrs. and I had 5 on our transfer list. Unfortunately, JB and Noah weren’t on our list, so we're anticipating 1 additional transfer after today. When coach Marshall said he was at the end of his rope, we had the feeling there would be major changes following the season. The ‘shock’ was how quickly the announcements were made.

Insert ‘shocked’ monkey meme here...

#crabgrass

The trouble being it isn't MY list. My info comes from a (now) former player and another source. I honestly don't know what is more troubling. The fact that so many players have chosen to leave, or the fact that Rick Pitino is making a return to college basketball at Iona.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If what Kennedy’s saying is considered spin then what’s being said by some on Shockernet is a merry go round sped up to 100 RPM.
            But doesn't quite look like this yet. Sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              If there was a “division” within the team, and certain players couldn’t get along, and assuming it’s safe to say that those players have left...I have one question:

What do those guys have against Mitguard?
              He brings nothing on offense...unless it is against Taco Fall, who I hear is out of eligibility.

Comment

• Baby WuShock x3.jpg

This just in, 3 new recruits have been targeted to replace WuShock who entered the Transfer Portal earlier today.
                They are: Whoo (left), Wu (middle), and Woo (right).

I'm going with the kid in the middle, Wu. I hear he is moldable, doesn't talk much, but is a great listener, is already standing, and since he was born in Sumner County shouldn't get to home sick. He is definitely going to be a "diaper dandy". And then maybe we get lucky and sign all three. We need 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  This is fascinating to watch unfold
                  Yeah kind of like corona virus

Comment

• Whatever happened to Wee Shock??

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

That’s the problem is that you all (maybe not you specifically) think “you’re calling it like it is” as though you know every detail of every practice, meeting, and game. I doubt that is the case.

At this point what is there really to be upset or surprised by?

We had a successful season cut short by a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event.

A bunch of guys from a team that went through obvious and well documented turmoil transferred.

I’m going to see what happens. Many people are already extrapolating this to doom and gloom the next two years.

Good news, bad news, who can say?
                      It's a message board. That's what people do on message boards. Speculate. Criticize. State their opinions.

If that's too much "negativity" and "doom and gloom" for ya, maybe you should start up a university-sanctioned site with Mike and go crazy.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It's a message board. That's what people do on message boards. Speculate. Criticize. State their opinions.

If that's too much "negativity" and "doom and gloom" for ya, maybe you should start up a university-sanctioned site with Mike and go crazy.
                        God bless you, good sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Baby WuShock x3.jpg

This just in, 3 new recruits have been targeted to replace WuShock who entered the Transfer Portal earlier today.
                          They are: Whoo (left), Wu (middle), and Woo (right).

I'm going with the kid in the middle, Wu. I hear he is moldable, doesn't talk much, but is a great listener, is already standing, and since he was born in Sumner County shouldn't get to home sick. He is definitely going to be a "diaper dandy". And then maybe we get lucky and sign all three. We need 'em.
                          Those look like some real diaper dandies baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lol. Oh, ShockerFever, you’re something else.

Comment

• Is that Sharpshooter from Derby eligible yet?

Comment

• Can we hang a banner in the rafters for Coach Marshall before we fire him, or do we have to wait until all bridges have been burned?

Comment

Working...
                                X