No announcement yet.

Head Coach Recruitment Criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When FVV, Baker, and Early were carrying the Shox to a F4 and an undefeated season, Marshall renegotiatred his contract. At that time, he was worth every penny he was getting paid.

Marshall's success and the ability of WSU to pay a coach was the only way WSU could have gotten out of the Valley. Since the FVV/Baker era, Marshall has gone 1-2 in the NCAA's and has not demonstrated an ability to replicate anything resembling what he did to earn the big bucks.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      He mighta skated before, but now he pretty much has to talk about it.

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely need a State of the Union address.

Can't let this snowball into losing a fans and supports.

• Shocker1976
      Shocker1976 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Alright Prez, turn your hold accountable into 1976. He is collecting the other hold accountables from this board and he is going to march right up there to CKA and recite them all to Gregg thereby holding him accountable. I think he might dock 3G the amount of his salary attributable to 76s contribution. Once completed 3G is certain to self reflect and, upon hearing how 1976 would have coached the team, will quietly hire him as a Special Assistant for an improved 2020. And that’s why today I am wearing sunglasses! See
      ROFLMAO at you Ashockalypse the biggest moron on Shockernet!

I am loving this upheaval from you as* kissing Marshall bromancers! Let's give Marshall a group hug and another Million dollar raise - he deserves it!

Tell me again that this is an Off Topic thread! I am ROFLMAO at all of the bozo's on here who took mindless personal pot shots at me for posting my opinion that has now become obvious to these same as*holes!

As Kung wu PMed me "No chance in France" this should be a basketball topic thread; given the new threads on basketball topics calling for a New Coach and the numerous posting by bromancers that what I posted weeks ago regards Marshall is becoming obvious to even the Marshall bromancers on Shockernet, are you going to move this thread back to the basketball topic threads??????

Comment

Thank You Kung Wu

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Tell me again that this is an Off Topic thread! I am ROFLMAO at all of the bozo's on here who took mindless personal pot shots at me for posting my opinion that has now become obvious to these same as*holes!

As Kung wu PMed me "No chance in France" this should be a basketball topic thread; given the new threads on basketball topics calling for a New Coach and the numerous posting by bromancers that what I posted weeks ago regards Marshall is becoming obvious to even the Marshall bromancers on Shockernet, are you going to move this thread back to the basketball topic threads??????
          You're laughing at the state of the program and patting yourself on the back?

You are quite a fan.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You're laughing at the state of the program and patting yourself on the back?

You are quite a fan.
            I am laughing at the as*kissing bromancers who bad mouthed me; I remain a loyal Shocker fan. IMO the future is brightest for Shocker fans if Marshall leaves because experience informs that a leopard like Marshall is very, very unlikely to change his spots. What you see in Marshall is what he is and what IMO he will always be.

Comment

a leopard like Marshall is very, very unlikely to change his spots. What you see in Marshall is what he is and what IMO he will always be.
              well, that's right

Comment

I am laughing at the as*kissing bromancers who bad mouthed me; I remain a loyal Shocker fan. IMO the future is brightest for Shocker fans if Marshall leaves because experience informs that a leopard like Marshall is very, very unlikely to change his spots. What you see in Marshall is what he is and what IMO he will always be.
                Stick to retirement and leave the basketball decisions to those more qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Stick to retirement and leave the basketball decisions to those more qualified.
                  No problem, I plan to stay retired. But in your opinion to whom will I "...leave the basketball decisions to those more qualified."? Please provide a few names.

Comment

You mean up the road don’t you dip$&!t?

Comment

No problem, I plan to stay retired. But in your opinion to whom will I "...leave the basketball decisions to those more qualified."? Please provide a few names.
                      Youre retired and have internet access. Figure that **** out on your man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        You mean up the road don’t you dip$&!t?
                        This is at you Ashockadipshit - ROFLMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Youre retired and have internet access. Figure that **** out on your man.
                          So you don't have any idea who these "experts" are? IMO Boatright is not one of such experts.

Comment

I appreciate the comments here, as my conclusion, at least from afar, is that Marshall ought to have to explain why he turned over a bunch of players 2 out of the last 3 years (I was embarassed to read some of the sh!t that was being posted on phognet). I might go further and ask what he thought he could do to be more flexible and situationally aware. I have noted a number of issues around lack of ability to adjust to what's going on in the games (slow to make mid-stream adjustments) that have led to losses.

And that's even though I think that ES was a head case. The aspect I see from that one is that he should have done a little more homework (if that was possible) and probably should have been paying attention to not only his social media posts, but also his family's. There were clear indicators trouble was brewing last season.

That being said, Marshall is a good (and could be great) coach, I'm glad we have him, but if he turns over the roster like this again, he ought to have a little warmth applied to his seat. I don't like being the butt of chickenhawk jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                              I appreciate the comments here, as my conclusion, at least from afar, is that Marshall ought to have to explain why he turned over a bunch of players 2 out of the last 3 years (I was embarassed to read some of the sh!t that was being posted on phognet). I might go further and ask what he thought he could do to be more flexible and situationally aware. I have noted a number of issues around lack of ability to adjust to what's going on in the games (slow to make mid-stream adjustments) that have led to losses.

And that's even though I think that ES was a head case. The aspect I see from that one is that he should have done a little more homework (if that was possible) and probably should have been paying attention to not only his social media posts, but also his family's. There were clear indicators trouble was brewing last season.

That being said, Marshall is a good (and could be great) coach, I'm glad we have him, but if he turns over the roster like this again, he ought to have a little warmth applied to his seat. I don't like being the butt of chickenhawk jokes.
                              That's easy; get off phognet.

I recall an interview with HCGM where he acknowledged that during the infamous "practice" to work everything out some things were mentioned about the coaching staff. He isn't just a Bobby Knight brick wall when it comes to listening to his players. However, I trust he knows what it takes from his teams to win at a high level and if they seem incapable of performing up to that then, yes, perhaps it is best for them to go. Any recruit is a gamble, one star or four star. Once you see what they're made of, usually after a year or two of grinding, grueling practices, you can judge what they're lacking (or not) and what they need to change to succeed. In some cases, no sense of dragging it out; sometimes better to cut bait.

Comment

Working...
                              X