No announcement yet.

Head Coach Recruitment Criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Gregg Marshall is a better coach than at least half of that list...

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
      We have a one man self appointed search committee getting out front of any possible retirement. Because he is a self acknowledging planning expert in his field of expertise he is keeping us informed of his impressive volume of work in preparation for any possible scenario. Pure genius
      Fogler made millions providing bad consulting advice

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Why would you feel the need to start a new topic to defend yourself in a different topic?
        I was hoping that some of the posters on here could learn something about recruiting a D1 coach. All the crap they posted was incorrect so I gave them a few examples of Major Successful D1 coaches who were hired for their HC positions without any previous experience or less success HC experience than Bob Richey.

But my hope was for naught given their responses.

Comment

Since this thread has nothing to do with WSU basketball, I moved it to Off Topic.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            When Gregg Marshall is a better coach than at least half of that list...
            You are aware that Half of the coaches named are in the Coaches Basketball Hall of Fame?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You are aware that Half of the coaches named are in the Coaches Basketball Hall of Fame?
              Yeah? And so will Marshall, what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Since this thread has nothing to do with WSU basketball, I moved it to Off Topic.
                Best example of bromance I could have anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Yeah? And so will Marshall, what's your point?
                  My point is that you are unwilling to learn. Go ahead and push your head a little deeper into the sand.

Comment

Tell me KungWu when I start a thread demonstrating that Ashockalypse is the biggest moron posting on Shocker basketball will that also be Off Topic?

Given the three criteria Ashockalypse used to call me the "biggest moron or the biggest troll"; he has already been proven wrong on two of the three.
                    1. 2020 Shockers finish fourth in the Conference - Shocker1976 was correct
                    2. 2020 Shockers have a favorable Conference Tournament Bracket - not presently determined
                    3. 2020 Shockers were 0-4 versus Cincinnati and Houston - Shocker1976 was correct

Comment

Tell me KungWu when I start a thread demonstrating that Ashockalypse is the biggest moron posting on Shocker basketball will that also be Off Topic?

Given the three criteria Ashockalypse used to call me the "biggest moron or the biggest troll"; he has already been proven wrong on two of the three.
                      1. 2020 Shockers finish fourth in the Conference - Shocker1976 was correct
                      2. 2020 Shockers have a favorable Conference Tournament Bracket - not presently determined
                      3. 2020 Shockers were 0-4 versus Cincinnati and Houston - Shocker1976 was correct
                      Your personal quarrel is not my concern. Wait, did he start a thread calling you out that I missed? If so it will be moved as well (if not outright deleted).
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                        Lol this again?

Shouldnt you spend your time doing something more productive by learning the names of the players on the Baseball team
                        Someone on a fan board suggested we do something more productive than post an opinion on fan board. Is there a SINGLE post on this fan board that is productive. Many are entertaining, some informative, some amusing, some funny, some sad, some even edgy, but not one has likely improvement anyone's productivity.

Comment

Your personal quarrel is not my concern. Wait, did he start a thread calling you out that I missed? If so it will be moved as well (if not outright deleted).
                          OK, the purpose of Shockernet is to worship at the alter of Gregg Marshall? This site is no better than the Beaker WalMart Fan posting site.

Comment

OK, the purpose of Shockernet is to worship at the alter of Gregg Marshall? This site is no better than the Beaker WalMart Fan posting site.
                            Your cheese and your cracker are so far apart the angle doesn't even equate to the original Moscow mathematical papyrus theory. I have generally appreciated many of your takes over the course of time. I even, like you, don't prescribe to the "Marshall We Trust" jargon. I think he is overpaid (but I think 100% of college basketball coaches are overpaid), over worshiped and maybe even over rated. He is fallible when it comes to game, player and assistant coach management. He absolutely sucks from 100 yards and in on the golf course. There are honest to God areas of his coaching game that could and should improve. At the same time he has taken WSU to the NIT title, final four, many NCAA Tournament appearances, several MVC championships and a few more achievements. He hasn't done anything in my mind to warrant the ghost of Tommy Lucchese to take 3G behind the woodshed and RECOMMEND retirement. He is allowed to change his mind if he doesn't want to retire at 60, as long as he is still motivated and able to move the needle towards success. I will be the first one in line if 3G gets out of line (criminal activity/major moral deterioration, etc...) to provide the door to swing open for him to exit. Until then, 3G will be forced to hear SHOXAAC ***** and moan why he is so bad at end of half/game situations, why he can't call timeouts during obvious game situations, why he is so demonstrative to players and assistants on the sideline...and the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Your cheese and your cracker are so far apart the angle doesn't even equate to the original Moscow mathematical papyrus theory. I have generally appreciated many of your takes over the course of time. I even, like you, don't prescribe to the "Marshall We Trust" jargon. I think he is overpaid (but I think 100% of college basketball coaches are overpaid), over worshiped and maybe even over rated. He is fallible when it comes to game, player and assistant coach management. He absolutely sucks from 100 yards and in on the golf course. There are honest to God areas of his coaching game that could and should improve. At the same time he has taken WSU to the NIT title, final four, many NCAA Tournament appearances, several MVC championships and a few more achievements. He hasn't done anything in my mind to warrant the ghost of Tommy Lucchese to take 3G behind the woodshed and RECOMMEND retirement. He is allowed to change his mind if he doesn't want to retire at 60, as long as he is still motivated and able to move the needle towards success. I will be the first one in line if 3G gets out of line (criminal activity/major moral deterioration, etc...) to provide the door to swing open for him to exit. Until then, 3G will be forced to hear SHOXAAC ***** and moan why he is so bad at end of half/game situations, why he can't call timeouts during obvious game situations, why he is so demonstrative to players and assistants on the sideline...and the list goes on.
                              Enjoyed reading your post but I have been thinking about why I post on Shockernet and have concluded at this point of my life I need to move on to greener pastures.

Wishing you the best as I see one of those pastures just down the road!

Comment

Shocker1976 you are just doubling-down on stupid. We don't give a flack that you hate Gregg Marshall. Get over yourself.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X