Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the primary issue plaguing our Shockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twice PA blatantly pushed JE with two hands in the back to get a rebound and a basket. One even resulted with an and-1 call against JE.

Hard to box out when you're already in the air and get shoved in the back.
    The Assman

Comment

• Can’t shoot

HCGM can say they are good shooters till he’s blue in the face but we have a body of work that tells a different story.

again last night, plenty of open looks but....CLANK

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        The non box-out on the missed free throw, really put me in a tizzy.
        Yep. That’s a mortal sin not venial

Comment

• Should have called TO and put in 5 new guys. Didn't. That's not good

Comment

• Losing Teddy Buckets is my pick.

Comment

• i'm just amazed at the foul that was commited against temple when the shockers had a four point lead at the end of the game. talk about communication breakdown. wow..

but.. except for the '17-'18 season, marshall's teams at wichita state have pretty much played their best basketball in the month of march. let's see what happens in fort worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                FO
                Real mature...

Comment

• [QUOTE=proshox;n1225165]First - players can handle the mental pressure HCGM applies when things are going well. When they don’t - it becomes a mental death spiral. I doubt many of us have had to succeed under similar constant pressure... The shift from the MVC to the American has limited our ability to get the sweet relief that comes from winning.

I kind of have that suspicion too...may be the most insightful comment on this thread.

Comment

• I blame the Millennial and Gen Z mindset. Victim mentality is rampant in those generations and they melt like butter looking for their safe space the moment someone looks at them wrong. Former MLB player and fellow Gen X'er, Trot Nixon, used to have a personal motto that I was always fond of, "I work my ass off so I can kick yours". Too many cry babies in society today including athletes.

Comment

• I had to join the Shocker Faithful fb group. I want to see all the drama.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Let me try a hypothetical. Let's imagine there are two players having problems adjusting to D1 ball - when most players have trouble adjusting to D1 ball, but these two seek counsel from their parents. They have very different parent responses.

One parent says: "You get your ass back up there and you do what that coach tells you and you better not come to me crying again"

The other parent says: "That coach is breaking your spirit and not letting you be the leader you should be. I need to let that school's fans know the problem they have with their coach".

Which one of those players is likely to earn a living playing basketball and which is likely to earn a living teaching a Junior High class in government and coaching a Junior High JV team?
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Let me try a hypothetical. Let's imagine there are two players having problems adjusting to D1 ball - when most players have trouble adjusting to D1 ball, but these two seek counsel from their parents. They have very different parent responses.

One parent says: "You get your ass back up there and you do what that coach tells you and you better not come to me crying again"

The other parent says: "That coach is breaking your spirit and not letting you be the leader you should be. I need to let that school's fans know the problem they have with their coach".

Which one of those players is likely to earn a living playing basketball and which is likely to earn a living teaching a Junior High class in government and coaching a Junior High JV team?
                          God, I hate hypotheticals!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            I blame the Millennial and Gen Z mindset. Victim mentality is rampant in those generations and they melt like butter looking for their safe space the moment someone looks at them wrong. Former MLB player and fellow Gen X'er, Trot Nixon, used to have a personal motto that I was always fond of, "I work my ass off so I can kick yours". Too many cry babies in society today including athletes.
                            HoW dArE yOu!!!!

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              I had to join the Shocker Faithful fb group. I want to see all the drama.
                              Tell them you are from Shockernet

Comment

• I wonder when people will realize that Millennials aren't kids any more. The oldest in that generation are nearly 40. They aren't the kids playing for us, but they might be their parents. Next year our freshmen will probably include guys born after 9/11.

Comment

Working...
                                X