I found it... The new intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found it... The new intro

Before you shoot me down for making a new thread about something I could have just as easily posted under the batwu thread, listen to this. all they have to do is play some highlights over this song and it would cover EVERYTHING, from intro to tip-off. Turn it way down so its barely audible for the away team then turn it up to 11 for the starting line-ups. a little slow to clap to, but could be goosebump-epic.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

I'm not sure a requiem is the way to go.
    a mass for the dead; a solemn chant (such as a dirge) for the repose of the dead; something that resembles such a solemn chant… See the full definition

It has its moments, but overall it doesn't get me going. That said I'm probably the last guy you would want to ask.

Comment

Uh, ???? almost hope that was an attempt at sarcasm.

I kinda get it, but only if it starts at 3:06. Neo-classic has its place. Maybe if it was done with a heavily overdiven guitar instead of a string section.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I kinda get it, but only if it starts at 3:06. Neo-classic has its place. Maybe if it was done with a heavily overdiven guitar instead of a string section.
        I agree, if we would use lose the first three minutes.

I have a thought that with the our school colors, the configuration of arena and the loudness of our arena that we might incorporate a fire theme in our music routines. Maybe before the game choreograph a video with I Am The God of Hellfire. Create a WuShock based character as the God of Hellfire who uses his fire power to torch/destroy the other team's logo.

A professional remix of Star Wars II with the song "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown" featuring Anakin, Yoda, Jango Fett, and other characters from that aweso...

Later in the game, if we have built a big lead or have been on a good run have the band play an upbeat arrangement of Burning Ring of Fire.

Put the lyrics of the chorus on the video board and have the fans sing along:

I Fell Into A Burning Ring Of Fire
        I Went Down, Down, Down
        And The Flames Went Higher
        And It Burns, Burns, Burns
        The Ring Of Fire
        The Ring Of Fire

I'm sure some artistic type could design a black and gold T-Shirt and Sweatshirt with a flame motiff.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 13, 2011, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I vaguely remember a game, perhaps in the early 60s or late 50s where the Shockers finsihed with four on the floor vs Wyoming, just because of foul trouble. But it might just be that I am very old and have CRS.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            I vaguely remember a game, perhaps in the early 60s or late 50s where the Shockers finsihed with four on the floor vs Wyoming, just because of foul trouble. But it might just be that I am very old and have CRS.
            That might explain the location of this thread reply
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              That might explain the location of this thread reply
              As well as a ton of other things, Marty...err KC.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I really like this video. I know it's made by an ameteur fan, but it's really cool and actually gets me pumped up. If they can do a slideshow/video like this one that is obviously shortened, I think it would be pretty cool.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Holy hell this one is cool too...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    I like this one better than the 1st one. I lot better than the current pre-player intro piece we are using.

Comment

What better way to usher an away team into cka than with a requiem
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        As well as a ton of other things, Marty...err KC.
                        ?
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Before you shoot me down for making a new thread about something I could have just as easily posted under the batwu thread, listen to this. all they have to do is play some highlights over this song and it would cover EVERYTHING, from intro to tip-off. Turn it way down so its barely audible for the away team then turn it up to 11 for the starting line-ups. a little slow to clap to, but could be goosebump-epic.
                          If I'm not mistaken. This was the music for the KU intro at Allen Fieldhouse a few years back, and having attended a game there I can say it worked as intended.

Comment

What better way to usher an away team into cka than with a requiem
                            I wasn't thinking about it in those terms but that's a good point.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X