• his leash was longer than others during games, was what I meant

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      his leash was longer than others during games, was what I meant
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        The defacto PG now.

Time to work on your craft wit TE now. Become a dynamic backcourt.
        Life comes at you fast

The Assman

Comment

• The-shining-3.jpg

Comment

• Sherfield has potential and a pretty high ceiling, but he wants to be a PG, and he's not a PG. Any potential suitors who watch film and see him dribbling back and forth for 10 seconds 28' away from the basket will not want to recruit him as a PG. Maybe some school will overlook his shooting % and height and see if they can make hin a SG.

It would seem that FVV is to underrated as Sherfield is to overrated.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Sherfield has potential and a pretty high ceiling, but he wants to be a PG, and he's not a PG. Any potential suitors who watch film and see him dribbling back and forth for 10 seconds 28' away from the basket will not want to recruit him as a PG. Maybe some school will overlook his shooting % and height and see if they can make hin a SG.

It would seem that FVV is to underrated as Sherfield is to overrated.
              I was one who thought Sherfield could be the next FVV. I was wrong.

Comment

• I think if Grant wasn't a Wichita kid, I would feel more indifferent about him leaving.

Always nice to see local kids excel at their hometown University.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Comment

• I heard from a good source that GS's dad, while not nearly the problem of ES's dad, was constantly contacting GM about Sherfield deserving MUCH more playing time and "you don't know what you have " etc. etc. GS was a solid freshman D1 player. It seems to me he got plenty of minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      I heard from a good source that GS's dad, while not nearly the problem of ES's dad, was constantly contacting GM about Sherfield deserving MUCH more playing time and "you don't know what you have " etc. etc. GS was a solid freshman D1 player. It seems to me he got plenty of minutes.
                      I think Grant Sherfield was under the impression that he would come into the program, win the starting point guard position and have full control of reigns to be the captain and floor general. Unfortunately that didn't come to fruition. I actually liked Grants game, but I also don't get paid 3.5M to make these decisions.

Comment

• Maybe we need to start vetting the parents as part of the recruiting process too. Ask previous coaches, teammates, opponents, etc. what these recruits parents are like.

Why can't they ask "What does (my son) have to do to earn more playing time?". Seems simple.
                        Last edited by Shock Top; March 17, 2020, 11:05 AM.
                        The Assman

Comment

• The question I have is - what if GGG had not let him come back after leaving? Would that have made a difference in
                          JB's and NF's decision to leave? We obviously had too much competition at PG and all three were unhappy. Now we don't have
                          any. I just wish he would have made it clear that JB was the guy instead of trying to keep the back ups happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

I think Grant Sherfield was under the impression that he would come into the program, win the starting point guard position and have full control of reigns to be the captain and floor general. Unfortunately that didn't come to fruition. I actually liked Grants game, but I also don't get paid 3.5M to make these decisions.
                            I like his game too but won’t deny that I also saw many things I didn’t like.

Head shaking turnovers. Perhaps even more frustrating were the times he turned it over then gave up on the play, not bothering to even pretend to get back on defense. Nothing like the Ron Baker or Dexter Dennis sprint back and erase a sure layup.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He still could be, just not here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

He still could be, just not here.
                                He's got alot of growing up to do for that to ever happen

Comment

Working...
                                X