• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I am amazed at Wilt's bedpost notches

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

So in your opinion this same squad plus Bilau and a freshman Ja'Dun Michael, running HCGM's same sets and defenses, are the keys to a conference championship and a strong NCAA seed? OK. Hope you're right.

And, for the record, I f$cking loathe KU.
      Ditto on the ChickenHawks, and your other points.

These 4 guards are good enough to contend for a conference championship in the future. But, will all 4 stick around for the duration? If they thought they could contend, and I remember Grant Sherfield saying he wanted to compete for a Natty here in Wichita, what would have disillusioned any one of them enough to want to leave?
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 1, 2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• I do hope Grant gets it figured out. I am glad GGG has approached Grant's situation in a public way, because I like to know shat. Now, I don't subscribe to 76's total feeling about GGG. I don't profess to know GGG at all, although we have shared a golf cart together for 3 round so of golf. I do wish he would not be so demonstrative with players during games. I don't like his stare down sessions. It does not look good in my eyes. I have talked to people who have witnessed GGG behave in a questionable manner outside of basketball (I have behaved badly in these circumstances as well). I think he has failed miserably with the TO issue (no need to elaborate, as we all know the pros vs. cons). He is terrible at drawing up end-of-half/game sets. He is way too stubborn at mixing in zone (all though he did and it worked against Temple). He hasn't been very proficient at teaching this group how to run and develop a flow to the offense (Mark Few does a masterful job...I love to watch his offense work). He seems to have a somewhat entitled sense of worth (many good coaches do). Do these traits tip the scales for me to sell him down the river to be relieved of his duties or retire after this season? No. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

• I think GS has a helicopter problem, which makes it a GM problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            I think GS has a helicopter problem, which makes it a GM problem.
            Didn’t know he was a pilot, that’s cool. Plenty of time for flight school in the off season Grant! Looks like he put down the yolk this week and focused on hoops instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I think GS has a helicopter problem, which makes it a GM problem.
              I dunno what that means

Comment

• 4 3s and 6 Assists today @ SMU.

THIS is the Grant Sherfield we thought we’d see!!
                The Assman

Comment

• Not only 4 threes but 4-5 on threes. That is exactly what we need from him, offensive efficiency.

Comment

• So far everybody that's had a "break" has come back fairly strong. Maybe we should sit ES next game?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I dunno what that means
                      I think it means that GS has a family member that is a pain in the ass for the coaches.

Comment

• He seemed to have a much better energy about him today. He actually pushed the pace with the ball, and effectively penetrated the zone at times. Also appeared to be actively engaged with teammates and vice versa. Hopefully that continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          So far everybody that's had a "break" has come back fairly strong. Maybe we should sit ES next game?

He did practically not play today....

So..... Maybe that counts!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Maybe this Grant situation plays out a lot like the Shaq one.

Rough beginning to a strong/loving relationship.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                              He seemed to have a much better energy about him today. He actually pushed the pace with the ball, and effectively penetrated the zone at times. Also appeared to be actively engaged with teammates and vice versa. Hopefully that continues.
                              Noticed this as well. He looked refreshed both mentally and physically. From my perspective he played confident and with an edge. Great job by Grant, 3G, and staff making a positive out of a potential big negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                Maybe this Grant situation plays out a lot like the Shaq one.

Rough beginning to a strong/loving relationship.
                                nm

Comment

Working...
                                X