• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This has turned into the dumbest thread in the history of Shockernet
      Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 29, 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• 1976 your post now solidified you as either the biggest moron or the biggest #%¥#ing troll on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          1976 your post now solidified you as either the biggest moron or the biggest #%¥#ing troll on this board.
          I have bookmarked your post and look forward to reviewing it at the end of each future season Marshall was the HC of the Shockers. Hopefully this review only occurs four times.
          By doing so we can validate which one of us is

"...the biggest moron or the biggest #%¥#ing troll on this board."
          1. 2018 - Shockers finished 3rd in conference; 1-1 versus Cincinnati and 1-2 versus Houston
          2. 2019 - Shockers finished 6th in conference; 0-3 versus Cincinnati and 0-3 versus Houston
          3. 2020 - Shockers as of Feb 29th tied for 4th in conference; 0-2 versus Cincinnati and 0-2 versus Houston

Comment

• What's Marshall's record in the NCAA Tournament? How many appearances in how many years?
            What are the stats for the other coaches you're lobbying for to kick Marshall out with?

This is beyond lunacy.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

No not a fan of the Beakers; I grew-up on a Kansas wheat farm as a fan of college basketball (very similar to Ron Baker but my parents were not teachers/basketball coaches). I am surprised that you "...didn't care about it."; perhaps you were not raised in rural Kansas?
              I was LUCKY. I was raised better than that and didn’t have to overcome parents that were “hawker lovers”. We attended many Shocker games. Not everyone listens to their parents and my family is no different (friends sometimes will lead a family member astray) but mom and dad did their job and raised a family who all love the Shox (even the beaker liker). I’m glad you turned out ok although on this subject, you are off the reservation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                What's Marshall's record in the NCAA Tournament? How many appearances in how many years?
                What are the stats for the other coaches you're lobbying for to kick Marshall out with?

This is beyond lunacy.
                Fever for me the lunacy is to continue supporting Marshall as HC in hopes he stops the "Poorly managed, needless dramas each season;..." and giving post game interviews and radio interviews that contain nothing but pablum with no real insight into what happened in the games."

I am not advocating he be fired; my advocacy is that he retires no later than age 60 as he has publicly stated.

Comment

• This thread is useless.

Comment

Fever for me the lunacy is to continue supporting Marshall as HC in hopes he stops the "Poorly managed, needless dramas each season;..." and giving post game interviews and radio interviews that contain nothing but pablum with no real insight into what happened in the games."

I am not advocating he be fired; my advocacy is that he retires no later than age 60 as he has publicly stated.
                    Lol as someone else stated... Using your requirements, let's hire Barry Hinson. We will never make the tourney again, but we will have a hell of an entertaining post game interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

I seem to remember things like "hung in effigy" regarding Ralph, but it may have been Jack Mitchell at beakerland.

I seem to remember posting this several years ago. I assure you, it was Coach Miller who was hung in effigy. Been many years ago and I could be wrong on this, but I believe it may have happened after we had a fantastic first half (at home) against Bradley, whom we did not beat very often, and were ahead by around 20+ points as the half ended. Our guys had been on fire on offense.

Then the team comes out the second half and started the stalling technique that Hank Iba had used so successfully against WU in the past. The lead kept dwindling away and we ended up losing the game. Unfortunately, there were a lot of pissed off fans who let their emotions control their actions.

Comment

• You know someone has reached peak lunacy when then say they are sick of Gregg Marshall and his replacement should Bob Richey.

holly ####, put the crack pipe down

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Unfortunately, there were a lot of pissed off fans who let their emotions control their actions.
                          There's no scenario where an action like that should ever happen -- not even in jest.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I thought this was a thread about Grant Sheffield. If you guys want to spend time discussing Marshall as a coach feel free to start another thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                              You know someone has reached peak lunacy when then say they are sick of Gregg Marshall and his replacement should Bob Richey.

holly ####, put the crack pipe down
                              But Bob Richey can nail a press conference.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I may be showing my age but perhaps you are showing your lack of knowledge regarding the history and evolution of coaching basketball.

As I posted previously, I am no fan of the Beakers but I try to remain objective regards their basketball history. Were you aware that after Phog Allen had recruited IMO the greatest basketball player of all time to play for the Beakers the brilliant Kansas Board of Regents forced Phog to retire?
                                Not sure what any of this discussion has to do with Grant Sherfield, 1976, but is it possible that the recruitment of a guy who (at least according to his autobiography) drove a Bentley while in Lawrence -- not exactly a standard inner-city Philly vehicle -- and then left after one year to play for the Gloibetrotters may have rubbed some amateurism purists the wrong way?

Comment

Working...
                                X