Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Legitimate National Championship? You sure about that? The FBI is not as sure as you.
    The FBI is not investigating the 2008 team.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

You might want to recheck your earlier posts where you said WSU should hire Chris Jans and Steve Forbes after they fire Marshall. Both assistants and neither have a track record like our current coach had when he was hired.

Please keep going.. What else does WSU need to do?
      Totally agree. Don't understand any of this stupid talk about firing or replacing our coach. WTF All of these clowns talking this crap should keep going where ever they are going and don't come back. And another thing, nobody gives a f$$k about the history of the chickenhawks. They can eat sht and die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        Whoever derailed this thread has done an outstanding job. I consider myself pretty good at derailing threads, so I know a good derailing job when I see one, and this one's top notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Totally agree. Don't understand any of this stupid talk about firing or replacing our coach. WTF All of these clowns talking this crap should keep going where ever they are going and don't come back. And another thing, nobody gives a f$$k about the history of the chickenhawks. They can eat sht and die.
          Once again, you always bring a level-headed perspective and are a great example about how to treat your fellow man. I respect that.
          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; February 28, 2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Where there is smoke, there is fire. You really believe the payoffs started recently?

Comment

Darrel Arthur says hi
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

You do realize that Bill Self has KU under investigation again by the NCAA. He wins and he violates NCAA rules over and over. I'll take the slightly surly GGG and play by the rules. There is no question he is the best coach we have ever had and he doesn't cheat to do it.
                he doesn't care about investigations.....or even penalties for that matter. Go check out his love-fest for Coach Sampson on this board a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• Self was extremely lucky in 08. Desperation 3 to get to the championship, then a ton of missed free throws by Memphis to win it. Self for all the talent he gets and the easy path his team gets every year should have a few more titles. IMO

Comment

Once again, you always bring a level-headed perspective and are a great example about how to treat your fellow man. I respect that.
                    LMAO That cute, but I have read better and more clever digs at me. Like I care what you or anybody else says about me. I don't give a dam about my fellow man if he is a chickenhawk fan.

Comment

• I’ve been following Shocker basketball for 50+ years and Marshall is IMO the best coach we’ve ever had, and we’ve had a few. To keep us relevant year after year and do what he’s done with the talent we have is remarkable. We’re just a few points away from being tied for first with this young group. I hope Grant stays. He will be a very good piece to winning at the Dance. Plenty of minutes for two point guards on this team, Burton can play 1 through 3 on this team.

Comment

• Phog Allen greatest coach of all time? That’s really laughable considering the talent level back then. Your really showing your age there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post

Darrel Arthur says hi
                          Wait, is it Dar-ELL, or DAR-yl??

Comment

• I just called him that dude that never graduated HS
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• So reading on this thread that Marshall is not that great. Really? I've been only a Shocker fan since 2013 and what I've seen so far Marshall is very good at what he does. Lets see what he has done since i have just started watching the shockers. Final 4 in the dance. Final 4 in the NIT, 30-0 season, has one of the top 10 games for the tournament against Kentucky, Has beat KU twice (I think). Has beat the #1 team in the tournament. And again with guys that hardly anybody knew. Oh wait. Also has so many NBA players. To name one that has a championship ring. You know who he is. So what else am i missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

"...pretty thoroughly laid out the case for why the stance you’ve taken is...ill conceived." I must have missed those posts; all I recall are a bunch of Marshall kool aid drinking responses.

Let me offer some additional stupidity regards my opinion of Marshall -

1. His record against Ben Jacobson (12-10) and Greg McDermott (4-3) IMO other than Marshall the two best coaches in the MVC speak for themselves.

2. Marshall's record against the better AAC coaches also speaks for itself - Houston (1-6), Cincinnati (1-6) Temple (4-3)

3. Marshall IMO doesn't call timeouts because he has nothing to say to help his players; his coaching in close end of games clearly speaks to this.

4. Could an alternate explanation for why the Shockers are always another team's Super Bowl be an excellent game plan by the other teams' coaches?

OK, I am done; taking Fever's advice and walking away to let myself cool off; I just had to get this frustration off my chest.
                                My suggestion is you go to the next Coaches show, air out your grievances and then ask to be a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X