Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

We shoot well when open. We don't don't shoot well off contact, nor do we do enough to get the type of open assisted shot we can easily make.
    We missed a lot of open threes today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I predict that Bilau will have better games offensively and defensively than what AM has had in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        Do any of you realize that this group is all freshman and sophomores?

Jesus some of you need to get a grip.
        It's almost March. These guys should be closer to sophomores and juniors by now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          If you think yourself a sunshine pumper but are losing your GD mind over a 3 point loss AT a Top 50 team by your 20-6 team, you might need to reassess, well, a lot.
          What are your expectations for the team? When is losing close games to Top 50 teams on the road not acceptable?

Did you watch the game? Did you like what you saw, despite the close score?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hey Shockers. First, I'd like to say i'm not here to troll. Second, heck of a game. Although we have come out on top (I think) 6 of 7, I'm always nervous playing you guys. Actually, has it been more than a one possession game since you moved? Crazy. You're a heck a program. That being said, I have this weird fetish (so to speak) of finding game threads for my Cats. After reading several Shocks and Cats threads, I'm pretty sure you guys despise us. I think this is the beginning to a new and great rivalry. I think I speak for most Bearcats when I say we look forward to this game. This is the closest thing we have to real competition and rivalry since UofL, WVU (in the good ol' days) and Houston most recently with Kalvin coaching.

That being said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the match up. What do you think about the UC WSU "rivalry" and what you think overall of the games played?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Except every time Burton does it, amirite? He's an idiot to keep doing it. Can't have it both ways.
              Burton isn't even close to Cumberland's level, favorable whistle or not.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As tough as today's loss was the Shocks still control their own destiny. They are 20-7 overall and 8-6 in the conference with 4 to play. vs Temple, @ SMU, @ Memphis and vs Tulsa. No easy wins there but also winnable games if the guys pull together and play hard and play well.

Comment

• Tough game.. even with the ridiculous foul disparity, we had chances to win that we missed. The 3 missed layups in the last minute were killer.

With SMU falling off the map, we basically need to win out.

Comment

• Marshall didn't win the MVC until his 5th season. Just sayin' It took him a while to adjust and I remember him saying that the MVC was a lot tougher than he thought.

Comment

• Where is the sense of urgency, play angry, rebounding, minimization of turnovers? Just venting, but team seems to only be able to beat up on mediocre teams, Cincinnati by its record isn't elite, but just playing with more confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        As tough as today's loss was the Shocks still control their own destiny. They are 20-7 overall and 8-6 in the conference with 4 to play. vs Temple, @ SMU, @ Memphis and vs Tulsa. No easy wins there but also winnable games if the guys pull together and play hard and play well.
                        I think I agree with this.... but it is very frustrating to come so close and fall short

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

We shoot well when open. We don't don't shoot well off contact, nor do we do enough to get the type of open assisted shot we can easily make.
                          Totally agree. It is so frustrating to watch shocker players not FINISH when they get any type of contact. The biggest offenders are JE, AM, ES, TE, and GS. DD , MU, TW, and JB are ok but they could improve too. " All of them" need to improve. If our players could just finish at the rim, we could get more regular 3 point plays. Its hard watching college basketball and see so many teams that have players that finish and all the shocks do is miss. I am done.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoCats View Post
                            Hey Shockers. First, I'd like to say i'm not here to troll. Second, heck of a game. Although we have come out on top (I think) 6 of 7, I'm always nervous playing you guys. Actually, has it been more than a one possession game since you moved? Crazy. You're a heck a program. That being said, I have this weird fetish (so to speak) of finding game threads for my Cats. After reading several Shocks and Cats threads, I'm pretty sure you guys despise us. I think this is the beginning to a new and great rivalry. I think I speak for most Bearcats when I say we look forward to this game. This is the closest thing we have to real competition and rivalry since UofL, WVU (in the good ol' days) and Houston most recently with Kalvin coaching.

That being said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the match up. What do you think about the UC WSU "rivalry" and what you think overall of the games played?
                            Why do you call a muskrat a bearcat?

Comment

• Comment

• Here's the deal. As you look at the stat sheet, there were not many surprises. The Shocks played good enough Defense to win in a game with 9 lead changes. Williams who had a huge night in Wichita did not score today. I have been pleading for TE to at least be in the game when we needed a made big shot. He not only was in, he drained a huge 3 for us. He by far is our most consistent 3-pt. shooter. ES has been too streaky, as already chronicled on here today, to be our main guy taking most all of these shots. The Bearcat coach has done a solid game coaching this Season stepping into some large shoes to fill, so we gained no advantage there.

Two things that hurt the most. Our shooting including lay ups and bunnies were dismal today. Our D. can get us through a lot but we got to shoot the rock better to beat solid teams like today. JE did not play well for him and the Bearcats played a part in some of that. Even so, when JE only scores 10 pts., I still like his 12 rebounds and 3 blks. Is Mo injured? Just wondering why he isn't playing when JE needs a blow. Cumberland complained for both of his measly 2 fouls. He was going for a loose ball and mowed down TE flatter than a pancake. No call!!! It appeared he charged on at least 2 of the fouls we got instead. We expected this on the road and the Bearcats were 21-30 on throws and we were an impressive 15-17 at a torrid 88.2%. So similar to the game at Wichita, they get 13 more throws as Cumberland comes barreling in over and over again, never being called for a charge.

From here, the Shocks can plan on the NIT unless we win the AAC tourney. To do that, our shooting must continue to improve. Today, at the end of the first half, what was that? Then, the pass from Stevenson at the end of the game had no chance to work period. From what I see in games and stat sheets, I much prefer Mo and Poor Bear to spell JE. Not sure we could get away with trying Wade and DD at the 4 and 5 since they both can rebound in some match-ups when JE needs a rest. NF is doing better and I love his hustle.

Last but not least, a strong finish like last Season would be real nice. We all want the whole enchilada this Season, but we will instead have an improved 20 plus Season with only one Senior. That one Senior though must be replaced with a BIG that can come in and be game- ready to step in the line of fire and produce immediately. No ships? It don't matter. We will find that one way or another. One more lights out shooter and scorer would be on my wish list too. Juco players, a key transfer, or high school or from Overseas. Coach Marshall has done all of these and he will fill in the blanks. If so, then we March right back into March Dancing in 2021 where we belong. This Season is still far from over and I won't miss a minute of it. There was 3 close games lately that all went our foes way. Now its time to improve and start winning these close ones again. As much as we want just that, our beloved Shocks want it all the more.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X