Wichita State At Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

That could be. Act gimpy every time he falls. Means he got fouled, right?
    At this point may as well try! Cause that dude gets what he wants all the time! I have no clue what those officials see. Its frustrating obviously.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Just kind of ready for this season to be over honestly. This team cannot even come close enough to shooting against good teams to compete in the tournament.

Sad thing is....this team only needs to shoot about 40% with the defense they are capable of playing to win games like this. 40% isnt even good, but it would generally be good enough. We cant even do that. Frustrating.
      My tongue is bleeding from being bitten to keep from commenting on Marshall's end of game ineptitude as a D1 highly compensated coach. He established a great record coaching in the Big South and Missouri Valley conferences but against better coaches in the AAC he is less stellar. All I am going to say is my primary Shocker fandom attention has moved to Coach Wedge and his effort to rejuvenate Shocker baseball.

Comment

Your aegument was 'it's reasonable to play by different sets of rules that clearly favor one team.'
        Not reasonable. But what else can you do? Just always accept the loss and blame the officials?

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I am officially off the JE bandwagon. He is weak and out of position most of the time. Good thing he's 6'11" or he'd be an also-ran on most any team. Someone said JB misses more shots from 3' in than anyone; JE would give him a run for his money.

As for ES, well I never got on that bandwagon to begin with, but if I had I'd-a jumped off long ago. That kid is out of control most of the time and makes more dumb decisions than anyone I've ever seen.
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Not reasonable. But what else can you do? Just always accept the loss and blame the officials?
            Nope. But I might not think the sky was falling either.

Comment

Nope. But I might not think the sky was falling either.
              Sky isnt falling. But doesnt mean I cant be pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Honestly, Kennedy woulda put a positive spin on the Pearl Harbor bombing
                as a university employee i’m sure that he is censored.

Comment

• If this team was in the MVC, I believe we'd be sitting at an 18-0 or 17-1 conference record and be solidly in the tournament. I am that confident in how well this consistent team lines up and is built for that conference. Every game, we seem to pair the same offensive woes with the same solid defensive effort. We always shoot a few shots worse than our opponents, but as long as we are either bigger, more athletic, or try harder we win. In the MVC, we'd have a perfect plan for getting to the tournament with a KenPom in the 40s.

The problem is, that is not the formula for getting an at-large bubble bid in the AAC. The name of the game in this conference isn't avoiding bad losses by being consistent, it is being inconsistent enough to beat the top teams of the conference on your hot nights. This team has two problems in doing that. Number one, we don't have hot nights. Number two, our personnel (Stephenson...) and coach are incredibly consistent in late game scenarios. They always stall and run a bad isolation play into the most garbage of stepback 3s.

I'm not going to rag on Stephenson too much. To end harping on more on the positives, he is the guy when you are down multiple possessions, and no one else is confident enough to put the ball up. However, the opposite is true when he is 1-8 from 3, the game is tied, and his teammates are shooting okay. I thought the bigs did a good job today despite the way the game was called, with great defense on their Tre and some quality minutes from Mitgaard and Poor-Bear. We aren't getting killed by the top teams outside Houston, but missed bunnies and 3s have pretty much been put us a few buckets behind in every game and there is literally zero reason to think that will change.

We've only gone off-script twice this season, and both have been to our detriment (@Temple, @Houston). I'm not even particularly interested in the NCAA tournament because this team hasn't shown the ability to win against tournament quality teams (0-5 vs KenPom top 40), though I absolutely think we can and even should make the tournament. I do think that next year has a lot of promise if we can fill Echinique's shoes, as this team could be Top 10 with more offensive talent and execution. If we can improve to shooting 45/35/75 even in tough games the outcomes would be dramatically different.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    If this team was in the MVC, I believe we'd be sitting at an 18-0 or 17-1 conference record and be solidly in the tournament. I am that confident in how well this consistent team lines up and is built for that conference. Every game, we seem to pair the same offensive woes with the same solid defensive effort. We always shoot a few shots worse than our opponents, but as long as we are either bigger, more athletic, or try harder we win. In the MVC, we'd have a perfect plan for getting to the tournament with a KenPom in the 40s.

The problem is, that is not the formula for getting an at-large bubble bid in the AAC. The name of the game in this conference isn't avoiding bad losses by being consistent, it is being inconsistent enough to beat the top teams of the conference on your hot nights. This team has two problems in doing that. Number one, we don't have hot nights. Number two, our personnel (Stephenson...) and coach are incredibly consistent in late game scenarios. They always stall and run a bad isolation play into the most garbage of stepback 3s.

I'm not going to rag on Stephenson too much. To end harping on more on the positives, he is the guy when you are down multiple possessions, and no one else is confident enough to put the ball up. However, the opposite is true when he is 1-8 from 3, the game is tied, and his teammates are shooting okay. I thought the bigs did a good job today despite the way the game was called, with great defense on their Tre and some quality minutes from Mitgaard and Poor-Bear. We aren't getting killed by the top teams outside Houston, but missed bunnies and 3s have pretty much been put us a few buckets behind in every game and there is literally zero reason to think that will change.

We've only gone off-script twice this season, and both have been to our detriment (@Temple, @Houston). I'm not even particularly interested in the NCAA tournament because this team hasn't shown the ability to win against tournament quality teams (0-5 vs KenPom top 40), though I absolutely think we can and even should make the tournament. I do think that next year has a lot of promise if we can fill Echinique's shoes, as this team could be Top 10 with more offensive talent and execution. If we can improve to shooting 45/35/75 even in tough games the outcomes would be dramatically different.
                    “IF”!!!

Comment

• IF we can fill JE shoes? Not only that, we need a 4 too because we got nothing at the moment that is halfway decent. Next year, will be just like this year, our guards will have improved but we'll take a huge hit in our front court so it's all a wash. If people are banking on Bilau to suddenly be a 15 PPG 9 rebound guy as a newcomer to D1 ball, then you guys are smoking crack.

Comment

• I liked the way the team played today. They played like a team, shared the ball and played up tempo and tough defense. Unfortunately we don't rebound well enough to cover up our poor shooting. I think we're a better shooting team than we show, but after 27 games I think we are who we are, and that's a bottom 10% shooting team. In 2020, you better be able to score the ball, and overall we're just not quite good enough at that.

When we changed leagues, we got what we wanted, and with that, you have to win some games like today's. We've yet found how to do that. The price of admission and I fear the cost will be steep.

Comment

• five straight losses to ncaa powerhouse cincinnati for the 3 million dollar man.

cincinatti and houston must seem like ucla and kentucky to marshall. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            IF we can fill JE shoes? Not only that, we need a 4 too because we got nothing at the moment that is halfway decent. Next year, will be just like this year, our guards will have improved but we'll take a huge hit in our front court so it's all a wash. If people are banking on Bilau to suddenly be a 15 PPG 9 rebound guy as a newcomer to D1 ball, then you guys are smoking crack.
                            I predict that Bilau will have better games offensively and defensively than what AM has had in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I liked the way the team played today. They played like a team, shared the ball and played up tempo and tough defense. Unfortunately we don't rebound well enough to cover up our poor shooting. I think we're a better shooting team than we show, but after 27 games I think we are who we are, and that's a bottom 10% shooting team. In 2020, you better be able to score the ball, and overall we're just not quite good enough at that.

When we changed leagues, we got what we wanted, and with that, you have to win some games like today's. We've yet found how to do that. The price of admission and I fear the cost will be steep.
                              We shoot well when open. We don't don't shoot well off contact, nor do we do enough to get the type of open assisted shot we can easily make.

Comment

• I’m kind of at a loss today... thought effort was good but uneven... shooting was poor except a few minutes... but it comes to mind that we are better than them at every position...

... except Cumberland... assassin

Comment

Working...
                                X