No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson absolutely has the mindset of a PG. PG mindset is all about basketball IQ and Tyson’s is the highest we’ve had since FVV. The only things that worry me are his handles and comfortability at the position.

We also have to remember that the NBA is in the era of “positionless basketball.” If Tyson can be effective as an undersized 2, they’ll play him. I think in the right system, Tyson could be valuable at the 2 spot for an NBA team.

Comment

• PG in the NBA is not as important as it is in college. They barely run any sets and typically have 2-3 guys that can bring the ball down the court. Tyson’s biggest drawback is his size and it’s really not a huge issue at 6’2”. The NBA probably just want to see him distribute the ball more in college and get a better feel for his handles under pressure. Tyson probably has the lowest turnover rate on our team, but his handles are not FVV level.

Comment

• Let’s be honest: Tyson can now make more due to NIL than signing an UDFA contract. How many businesses in Wichita and Back Home would line up to sponsor him? This is best case scenario for guys like TE. Not quite a 1st round pick but can come back to school and attempt to move up the boards WHILE getting some nice legal compensation.

Comment

• Tyson is probably the only current athlete that is going to make anything more than spending money off NIL.

Who here is going to pay for his autograph? I'm not. Maybe I'm wrong and 1000 fans are willing to stand in line to pay him $10 to sign something. IDK

But I do think more than one local business would be willing to pay for his endorsement. How much? Not sure.

If you didn't like the transfer portal before, I hope you're prepared for transfer Armageddon when it comes to the best players, especially those not in BSC programs. Let the highest bidder win.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Most of the team had ‘Giannis Syndrome’ last season; even TE struggled at times. Udeze was the outlier… he improved considerably.
            Mo was good the first 17 games of the season hitting 35-44 for 79.6%. However, over the final 6 games of the season he was 16-31 for 51.6% including 9-19 for 47.4% against Cincy and Drake.

My concern with Mo's free throw shooting is that while he did improve his success rate, he really did not change or improve his technique very much, and IMO he is right on the edge and if he gets of even a little bit it can have a big impact on his results. We'll see if he can sustain his improved results for a full season. Overall, he finished last year at 68.0%, much improved as you say, and 4th best on the team. I'll take anything around 70% from Mo but I am prepared for the occasional 50% game here and there.

Ricky, Monzy and Craig really need to step it up at the line beginning this next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Tyson is probably the only current athlete that is going to make anything more than spending money off NIL.

Who here is going to pay for his autograph? I'm not. Maybe I'm wrong and 1000 fans are willing to stand in line to pay him $10 to sign something. IDK

But I do think more than one local business would be willing to pay for his endorsement. How much? Not sure.

If you didn't like the transfer portal before, I hope you're prepared for transfer Armageddon when it comes to the best players, especially those not in BSC programs. Let the highest bidder win.
              I've posted the following movie clip in the past; Johnny B Goode portrays the "Let the highest bidder win." scenario very well. After all the fun and games, 'Johnny Walker' ultimately declines the under-table offers and stays home to play at 'State'. The movie is an underrated classic. Here's a hilarious scene with Jim McMahon...

"How you doing, Johnny? Lou Landers of ICA.

Welcome to California. You'll have a fine time here.

I'm here to meet the money man, Lou. Not for pleasure.

I am the money man, Johnny.

I'm going to take you to meet the best quarter back in the country.

He's a good friend of mine. Give me five, Johnny.

Never touch.

Jim McMahon wears Adidas.

Either I wear Adidas, or I wear nothing.

Almost nothing.

And cut! Great. Beautiful.

Wonderful, Jim.

I don't know how you do it, Jim. Every time.

Natural talent. Back to the golf course again.

Hey, Yeoman, thanks a lot, man.

You bet, boss. Thanks, Bob.

Jimmy. Hi, Jim.

I want you to meet Johnny Walker.

How are you, Jim? How are you, Johnny?

Glad you're coming to UCC.

I haven't really decided. But glad I could meet you.

I'm having a little party tonight for the kid.

Want to come?

I would, but I promised my wife I wouldn't show up at your place anymore.

Very funny.

You're great, Jim. Maybe next time, right?

Hey, Lou, did you notice how his hair was?

Just like mine. Like he planned it for me. Know what I mean?

John, let me tell you something serious.

You play your cards right, you could be the next Adidas man, someday.

But, Lou, he had his hair hooped up just like mine. So what?

1:45. Walker receives jacket from Landers, out.

I know I talk 90% of the time, but I only take 10% of the money.

How you doing, Doctor? Oh, great, Lou.

Lou? Yeah.

My mothers medicine cabinet never looked like this.

Don't worry about it, Johnny.

You're not in Ashcroft anymore.

We only use the finest steroids available.

Oh.

We care about one thing at UCC, Johnny.

That we win. Isn't that right, boys?

I love these boys like my own.

I take better care of them than their mothers.

Isn't that right, boys?

We have the best training facilities in the country.

Our men are appreciated for the fine machinery that they are.

How you doing? Does he play here?

No. He pisses for the players so they pass the drug test.

Oh, designated pisser,huh?

Let's get you some new clothes for the party. Okay, Johnny?'

Johnny B Goode Official Trailer...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Tyson is probably the only current athlete that is going to make anything more than spending money off NIL.

Great points. If you do the NIL piece (which I'm still not wild about), you CANNOT have transfers with no penalty/commitment. There's free agency in the pros, but they sign contracts and give teams a commitment. Otherwise, players are going to be running through programs like Elizabeth Taylor ran through husbands.

Hope the WSU athletic department and its donors are prepared to Chase the best recruits.
                Last edited by Kel Varnsen; July 1, 2021, 11:41 AM.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Well Grady Dick has already sold 100 limited addition cards for $100 a piece and he hasn't even started playing college ball yet. Not sure how much of that he gets to keep, but I expect some of these high profile kids will be making $25-$50k a year playing college ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Well Grady Dick has already sold 100 limited addition cards for $100 a piece and he hasn't even started playing college ball yet. Not sure how much of that he gets to keep, but I expect some of these high profile kids will be making $25-$50k a year playing college ball.
                    Well KU was a Professional Franchise long before Grady decided they were his best fit, and they didn't try to hide it last year when Snoop came to visit Money Bags Bill during Late Night at the Phog. They have been a "We'll do anything to Win" enterprise for a long time. I wonder if they will raise the "ante" now to stay above the others. Competing on the same level isn't their style.

Comment

• You only get one “free” transfer. After that you have to sit out a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        You only get one “free” transfer. After that you have to sit out a year.
                        Unless you get a waiver which they are still handing out like candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Unless you get a waiver which they are still handing out like candy.
                          Still? This is the first year of all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Still? This is the first year of all of this.
                            I don't think the waivers will be so freely given out next year. Maybe to P5 schools but no one else.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't think the waivers will be so freely given out next year. Maybe to P5 schools but no one else.
                              Maybe? lol

Comment

• Tyson must be thinking about his decision or he's already made it and not communicating. This article from the past couple of days doesn't mention his decision as a tough late stay or go decision, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X