Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Porter can hit from deep ???
      He was 40% on the year... Granted that is only 5 shots lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

5 shots is just ridiculous. If he can shoot 40% he needs to be taking more shots. Last year there were times he would not even look at the basket. Teams played him on defense the same way they played Tekel Cotton and Jamarius Burton when they could not make 3 pointers. Its not good when the defense can play 5 on 4 players. Thankfully Tekel and Burton got in the gym and improved their 3 point shooting by alot of hard work.

I am hoping that Craig Porter use the summer to improve his free throw percentage and work on taking more 3 pointers. I like his potential. . He plays smart and under control. He just needs to be more of an offensive threat to be a big contributor for this team. And like ALL the shocker players he needs to get stronger by hitting the weights this summer. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

5 shots is just ridiculous. If he can shoot 40% he needs to be taking more shots. Last year there were times he would not even look at the basket. Teams played him on defense the same way they played Tekel Cotton and Jamarius Burton when they could not make 3 pointers. Its not good when the defense can play 5 on 4 players. Thankfully Tekel and Burton got in the gym and improved their 3 point shooting by alot of hard work.

I am hoping that Craig Porter use the summer to improve his free throw percentage and work on taking more 3 pointers. I like his potential. . He plays smart and under control. He just needs to be more of an offensive threat to be a big contributor for this team. And like ALL the shocker players he needs to get stronger by hitting the weights this summer. Go Shocks.
          Agreed, Making them wasn't his problem. It was the mental block on taking them.

Comment

Agreed, Making them wasn't his problem. It was the mental block on taking them.
            He missed two months of the preseason and never got comfortable with the system... I’m buying CP stock.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Freshman.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Porter can hit from deep ???
                I thought his JuCo stats were in the upper 30's, although he didn't take a lot. My memory may be wrong. It's easy for those shooting %'s to move higher in recollection the longer it's been since they were seen.

Comment

• I don't care how good he is at taking care of the ball, we can't afford to have a Doug Gottlieb style PG on the floor and play 4 on 5 on offense. CP came back to get court time so I assume he's shooting his ass off this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I thought his JuCo stats were in the upper 30's, although he didn't take a lot. My memory may be wrong. It's easy for those shooting %'s to move higher in recollection the longer it's been since they were seen.
                    He was 30% his last year at Vincennes after shooting 40% his freshman year (on, strangely, the exact same frequency of 105 attempts). Career at Vincennes was 35.2%.

As we consider all the new faces, we would do well to remember the second-year juco player bump we've seen over the years. I expect Craig and Monzy to be much stronger contributors this season with a year of experience in the system under their belts.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

He was 30% his last year at Vincennes after shooting 40% his freshman year (on, strangely, the exact same frequency of 105 attempts). Career at Vincennes was 35.2%.

As we consider all the new faces, we would do well to remember the second-year juco player bump we've seen over the years. I expect Craig and Monzy to be much stronger contributors this season with a year of experience in the system under their belts.
                      Even better we still have 2 years of Craig and 3 of Monzy even though they got their JUCO transition year out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I don't care how good he is at taking care of the ball, we can't afford to have a Doug Gottlieb style PG on the floor and play 4 on 5 on offense. CP came back to get court time so I assume he's shooting his ass off this summer.
                        " I assume he is shooting his ass off ths summer" Thats funny to me. LMAO Here are some interesting statistics on 3 point shooting for our new and current players.

New Players

Joe Pleasant. 46%
                        Que Grant. 38%
                        Jalen Ricks. 39%
                        K. Pohto. ( No information)

Current Players

RC 4. 44%
                        CP. 40%
                        TE. 39%
                        DD. . 33%
                        CMJ. 30%
                        CJ. 0% (I think he will improve with more playing time)

I assume too that everybody is in the gym shooting their asses off this summer. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

" I assume he is shooting his ass off ths summer" Thats funny to me. LMAO Here are some interesting statistics on 3 point shooting for our new and current players.

New Players

Joe Pleasant. 46%
                          Que Grant. 38%
                          Jalen Ricks. 39%
                          K. Pohto. ( No information)

Current Players

RC 4. 44%
                          CP. 40%
                          TE. 39%
                          DD. . 33%
                          CMJ. 30%
                          CJ. 0% (I think he will improve with more playing time)

I assume too that everybody is in the gym shooting their asses off this summer. Go shocks.

Percentages are misleading without some context. Porter didn't attempt a 3 for half the season. I'm very positive on him, but three point shooting wasn't even in his game last year. He hit 2 threes for the season.

Etienne was 39% off one leg, falling away, with a hand in his face. On big volume.

Grant shot a ton at 38%. On one hand it was at a different level, but won't likely be called upon for the production he had to shoulder at his last school so I think his percentage is as likely to go up as down if he modifies his shot selection accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

Percentages are misleading without some context. Porter didn't attempt a 3 for half the season. I'm very positive on him, but three point shooting wasn't even in his game last year. He hit 2 threes for the season.

Etienne was 39% off one leg, falling away, with a hand in his face. On big volume.

Grant shot a ton at 38%. On one hand it was at a different level, but won't likely be called upon for the production he had to shoulder at his last school so I think his percentage is as likely to go up as down if he modifies his shot selection accordingly.
                            Grant was probably the main focus for opponents. If teams double Etienne the way they did last year, Grant could find himself with more open looks than he had last year. That only applies if Etienne and grant are on the floor at the same time, but I think that will happen. One option for a "second" unit, if etienne stayed on the floor:

1 - Etienne - Soph
                            2 - Grant - Jr
                            3 - Council - Fr
                            4 - Jackson - Fr
                            5 - Pohto - Fr

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Grant was probably the main focus for opponents. If teams double Etienne the way they did last year, Grant could find himself with more open looks than he had last year. That only applies if Etienne and grant are on the floor at the same time, but I think that will happen. One option for a "second" unit, if etienne stayed on the floor:

1 - Etienne - Soph
                              2 - Grant - Jr
                              3 - Council - Fr
                              4 - Jackson - Fr
                              5 - Pohto - Fr
                              I would have to agree with this projection.

WSU will possess versatility next season, and Grant has the experience (at the least age wise) needed to help keep the program in contention, and defenses frustrated.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X