Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Forgot Monzy Jackson
    I meant Jackson when I said Jenkins. Will edit to clarify.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I meant Jackson when I said Jenkins. Will edit to clarify.
      So now Jenkins is left out. Was that intentional too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So now Jenkins is left out. Was that intentional too?
        Yes. I listed a nine man rotation. In my, everybody is awesome line up, no Jenkins or Qua. In my realistic line up no Jenkins or Pohto.

I expect all three will get PT (as will our not yet known recruit), but it’s usually three guards, 4 forwards, and 2 centers that get more than 10 mpg.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Jenkins will play.

Comment

Yes. I listed a nine man rotation. In my, everybody is awesome line up, no Jenkins or Qua. In my realistic line up no Jenkins or Pohto.

I expect all three will get PT (as will our not yet known recruit), but it’s usually three guards, 4 forwards, and 2 centers that get more than 10 mpg.
            Maybe you’re right and I’m sure you are aware, but 10 players would come to 20 minutes each so it’s possible for 10 players to average much more than 10 minutes per game.

Comment

Maybe you’re right and I’m sure you are aware, but 10 players would come to 20 minutes each so it’s possible for 10 players to average much more than 10 minutes per game.
              Sure. I’m giving you a nine man rotation, which would be a plurality of rotations with 8-10 being the vast majority of teams. This includes players averaging greater than 10 minutes and playing in greater than 90% of game they are available. There will be a few teams that run a 7 or even 11 man rotation, and maybe a couple with a 12 man rotation.

Last year we ran a nine man rotation:

Gilbert, Etienne, Dennis, Wade, Udeze, Porter, Council, Jackson, Chandler.

Trevin Wade, Jenkins, Seymour, Bilau combined for 200 minutes over 22 games.
              Last edited by wufan; June 2, 2021, 08:30 PM.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• People get hurt, sick and then there’s the situational matchups. I think 12 guys play this year. We’re better when we don’t have to have guys playing 35 minutes.

Comment

People get hurt, sick and then there’s the situational matchups. I think 12 guys play this year. We’re better when we don’t have to have guys playing 35 minutes.
                  When you say “12 guys play”, are you saying that they will play 27 plus games and average 10 plus minutes? It’s possible, but rare.

If you are saying 12 guys will have at least two games where they play 15 + minutes and are a key to the win, I do agree with that. That just doesn’t make them part of the rotation.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

When you say “12 guys play”, are you saying that they will play 27 plus games and average 10 plus minutes? It’s possible, but rare.

If you are saying 12 guys will have at least two games where they play 15 + minutes and are a key to the win, I do agree with that. That just doesn’t make them part of the rotation.
                    I’m thinking 12 guys play most games, some will be in the 6-8 min, some will be 25+. I just don’t think IB wants a program where guys transfer out every year. Recruit guys that can play and get them in the games. What we really need is a better redshirt program. True freshmen should really be encouraged unless they are off the charts players.

Comment

• It seems that Etienne is spending the summer working on his PG skills at NBA camps. Other than some shot selection, Etienne has shown he has incredible BBIQ. If Etienne can handle passing from the PG position, the Shox could be dangerous,if not deadly, next year. Grant can get to the basket. Porter can hit from deep, Defenses won't be able to deny getting the ball to Dennis, and he should have some room when he gets (intelligent) passes.

Comment

What we really need is a better redshirt program. True freshmen should really be encouraged unless they are off the charts players.
                        I think the days of having any kind of a “redshirt program” are over. Sure, a guy here and there might be open to it, but with player movement being so easy now, you pretty much have to throw them into the fire right away and see if they can play. Besides, all guys think they are off-the-charts players. You’d laugh at some of the players from the last decade or so who just knew that they would be NBA guys.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I think the days of having any kind of a “redshirt program” are over. Sure, a guy here and there might be open to it, but with player movement being so easy now, you pretty much have to throw them into the fire right away and see if they can play. Besides, all guys think they are off-the-charts players. You’d laugh at some of the players from the last decade or so who just knew that they would be NBA guys.
                          I agree with "redshirt programs" being in the past IF the recruit was highly pursued. Ron Baker, for example was under the radar, and one year of sitting the bench wouldn't have increased his notoriety, unless he is able to audition his skills to other coaches during the summer which is highly unlikely. Chaunce is an example of someone who would have had to go to lower program or juco because of his lack of success this year. Jaden Seymour will also most likely end up at a juco.

OTOH, players who receive more playing time and show some skills like Ricky have more options.

Comment

Jaden Seymour will also most likely end up at a juco.
                            I believe he committed to East Tennessee State. A step down nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The only redshirts we'll have are the medical redshirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                                It seems that Etienne is spending the summer working on his PG skills at NBA camps. Other than some shot selection, Etienne has shown he has incredible BBIQ. If Etienne can handle passing from the PG position, the Shox could be dangerous,if not deadly, next year. Grant can get to the basket. Porter can hit from deep, Defenses won't be able to deny getting the ball to Dennis, and he should have some room when he gets (intelligent) passes.
                                Porter can hit from deep ???

Comment

Working...
                                X