Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    Sherfield pouted his entire frosh season. Good riddance.

AG is the difference this year, consistently.
    Yep, right on the money.

Comment

• Mac McClung or Tyson, who ya want? Not even close as far as I’m concerned.
      Last edited by shoxlax; February 21, 2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Food for thought: I almost guarantee Tyson goes through the pre-draft process this year - like Dexter did last year. Tyson is NBA ready, IMO. What are his odds of getting drafted? The drawback will be his height relative to position and lack of PG experience. Interested in hearing other thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Food for thought: I almost guarantee Tyson goes through the pre-draft process this year - like Dexter did last year. Tyson is NBA ready, IMO. What are his odds of getting drafted? The drawback will be his height relative to position and lack of PG experience. Interested in hearing other thoughts.
          There were a lot of dings against Fred as well
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Yep, the short guys have a lot more to overcome.

Comment

• Maybe he’s ready and maybe he could use another year to improve his point guard skills, and driving skills. It’s not a slam dunk, and they might recommend that he plays a Junior year. It’s not a slam dunk, I don’t think.

Comment

Yep, the short guys have a lot more to overcome.
                That was low hanging fruit
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• He is not ready.

I love the kid, but seeing as how he will have to play PG at the NBA level, he needs to become more of a floor general.

Shooting touch is for sure, though his FT % could use some improvement.

I love his development at getting the rack, though I’d like to see him start finishing at a higher percentage on those attempts.

It took Damian Lilard, his strongest comparison IMO, 4 years in college (3 years + a medical redshirt) to be NBA ready. Perhaps TE can do it in 3.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Tyson has better ball-handling skills than WSU's last two point guards possessed. His handles are NBA level, and he's showcased that by taking the man guarding him to the hole all season, in a variety of ways. He'll be rewarded with the AAC POY award too.

He gone...

Comment

• Point Guards distribute the ball and his 2.3 Assists per game don't translate to point guard numbers yet. AAC POY is deserving but will get him nothing in the NBA. Some think he's a slam dunk, First Rounder, but I don't. It's not good for a player to leave after his Sophomore year, and end up in the G League, although they are starting to pay better, but not life changing money.

Comment

• Tyson will be a shooting guard in the NBA that has minor PG skills. There are plenty of super athletic, good shooting guys in the 6’2” range these days. I agree he needs to strengthen his ability to finish strong in traffic. Maybe one more year at WSU but I don’t think he’ll be here 4 years.

Comment

Tyson will be a shooting guard in the NBA that has minor PG skills. There are plenty of super athletic, good shooting guys in the 6’2” range these days. I agree he needs to strengthen his ability to finish strong in traffic. Maybe one more year at WSU but I don’t think he’ll be here 4 years.
                          You are simplifying the NBA game too much. They have guards who have multiple skills. Fred plays as a point guard sometimes and as a shooting guard sometimes.

Damian Lillard is a 6'2 guard who is similar to Tyson and has a similar skill set. Damian Lillard shoots in the 90 percent area on free throws. They are similar shooters from 3 point range. Tyson needs to be able to distribute the ball better imo. His 2.4 Assists can be better.

Here are his stats.
                          2021 Regular Season: 29.6 Points, 8.0 Assists,
                          Career 24.5 Points, 6.6 Assists

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You are simplifying the NBA game too much. They have guards who have multiple skills. Fred plays as a point guard sometimes and as a shooting guard sometimes.

Damian Lillard is a 6'2 guard who is similar to Tyson and has a similar skill set. Damian Lillard shoots in the 90 percent area on free throws. They are similar shooters from 3 point range. Tyson needs to be able to distribute the ball better imo. His 2.4 Assists can be better.

Here are his stats.
                            2021 Regular Season: 29.6 Points, 8.0 Assists,
                            Career 24.5 Points, 6.6 Assists
                            I agree, I just didn't feel like getting into it. I think he has the skills to be a 2 but also handle the 1 if needed.

Comment

• Tyson isn’t on the 2021 or 2022 mock draft boards from the ones I searched. Don’t get me wrong I think he will end up being drafted. I just think he needs one more year to better his FTs and assist %. Once he does that he should be a lock for 2022s draft. I think for him to be drafted this year he would have to carry us to at least the sweet sixteen or elite eight with dominating play and numbers. Along with having a stellar pre draft process. I’d love for that to happen! Heck I’d take a run to the elite eight or further and see Tyson head to the NBA! That would be a great trade off.
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• His assist numbers aren't going to be a concern for teams drafting him. He has the ability to do more in that realm, but NBA scouts also aren't stupid and know that he is the main scorer on this team and see what he does from there.

He should absolutely test the waters after the season to get whatever feedback he can get to push him forward, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to tell him he needs to get his assist numbers up and stop scoring.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X