Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

“I’m not surprised at all because I’ve seen the work he’s put in, even dating back to last season,” Hawthorne said. “You didn’t see a lot of this last year because that wasn’t his role based upon the chemistry of the team and what the coach wanted. Addition by subtraction has been a blessing for (WSU fans) to see how good he really is. And he’s getting better. He continues to have a career night pretty much every week it seems and he’s just going to keep doing it.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

“I’m not surprised at all because I’ve seen the work he’s put in, even dating back to last season,” Hawthorne said. “You didn’t see a lot of this last year because that wasn’t his role based upon the chemistry of the team and what the coach wanted. Addition byA subtraction has been a blessing for (WSU fans) to see how good he really is. And he’s getting better. He continues to have a career night pretty much every week it seems and he’s just going to keep doing it.”
      The Addition by Subtraction that he is talking about is mainly ES and Stevenson wouldn't have a clue about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

“I’m not surprised at all because I’ve seen the work he’s put in, even dating back to last season,” Hawthorne said. “You didn’t see a lot of this last year because that wasn’t his role based upon the chemistry of the team and what the coach wanted. Addition by subtraction has been a blessing for (WSU fans) to see how good he really is. And he’s getting better. He continues to have a career night pretty much every week it seems and he’s just going to keep doing it.”

Comment

• How about this one:

“The No. 1 thing we do is self-critique, which is the most difficult thing to do for a lot of athletes,” Hawthorne said. “You have to be honest with yourself. With a lot of players, the self-evaluation process is the most difficult because they’re not able to receive the message of what they’re failing at, which hinders them from getting better. I’ve never had that problem with Tyson.
          ES could and should take note...

Comment

• The more I look at tape of him and the more I read, I really think this kid has IT. He has goals for himself and is willing to put in the time and effort to make himself better, not only as a basketball player but as a person. He understands it's about more than shooting. He knows he has to prepare himself physically and mentally as well. Take care of his body and sharpen his mind. Rare in kids his age. I am convinced more than ever that he will be very successful at the next level. And I do believe that next level is the NBA as long as he stays healthy.

I have noticed that his first step is much quicker this year and that he has put on additional muscle in the offseason. I am starting to see a little Lillard and Steph Curry in his game. Those are two smaller guards who have thrived in the NBA. Now before someone goes off on me, I am not saying he will have that kind of success, because that takes a lot of factors, but I see similarities in their games.

Comment

• And the national attention starts......

Tyson Etienne, Wichita State

I'm going to go with one of the unheralded studs through the first seven weeks of the season in Wichita State's Tyson Etienne. The Shockers entered the season with plenty of uncertainty after Gregg Marshall expectedly resigned after allegations surfaced about his mistreatment and physical abuse of players and staff earlier this decade. Under Isaac Brown, Wichita State is off to a 6-2 start with three road wins and faces maybe its toughest test of the season on Wednesday -- a road game against ranked Houston.

To this point, Etienne's been as valuable and reliable as any player in the American Athletic Conference. He's coming off a career-best 29 points in Wichita State's win at Ole Miss. He's fourth in AAC scoring (17.0) and 3-point accuracy (37.3%). He's also averaging 3.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists. All-American? No. But he's been an alpha when the team needed it. I won't project Wichita State to win at Houston, but if it did, the Shockers would get to 7-2 and move into the conversations as one of the more interesting stories in the sport as January's conference season starts to pick up steam.

Comment

• With Mills departure and WSU’s early success is Tyson the early front runner for POY?

There is a lot of season left.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  With Mills departure and WSU’s early success is Tyson the early front runner for POY?

Definitely in the conversation if he keeps it up. These are the players I could think of that would probably be in the running as well.

Rachel (Tulsa): 15.7 pts, 7.7 reb, 2 apg.
                  Grimes (UH): 17.7, 7.0 reb, 2.1 apg
                  Davis (SMU): 19.7, 4.9 reb, 6.7 apg.
                  Etienne: 17.0, 3.3 reb, 2.8 apg.

Part of what plays into this is how well the team finishes. Gardner could be in the conversation but ECU probably won't finish very well.

Comment

With Mills departure and WSU’s early success is Tyson the early front runner for POY?

I think hes right there, but I think we need a top 2 or 3 finish. Grimes is prolly the leader right now in my opinion, but we knock them off tonight then we might be talking
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Tyson in running for 1st team, prob not POY unless we win it

Comment

Before tonight? No.

After tonight? Still No.

But many 1st round picks were 6th or 7th off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Before tonight? No.

After tonight? Still No.

But many 1st round picks were 6th or 7th off the bench.
                          Tyson is definitely our 7th man of the year so far.

Comment

Tyson is definitely our 7th man of the year so far.
                            Looks right. Nothing.

Looks left. This guy.

Said he was going to be a 1st Rounder, and all you got was 7th man.

Douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Looks right. Nothing.

Looks left. This guy.

Said he was going to be a 1st Rounder, and all you got was 7th man.

Douche.
                              You ok, man? Hope you have a better night.

Comment

You ok, man? Hope you have a better night.
                                Could someone please translate this conversation for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X